Revenge of the Fallen Transformers: ROTF Box Office Discussion

TwoFace12

Civilian
Reaction score
Predict the box office for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen as well as the Opening Weekend and even World Wide gross.

100 m opening weekend (opens on a Wednesday)
370 domestic
880 worldwide

I think it'll end in the 350-400 range. It'll be the biggest opening weekend of the year too, I think.

It'l crush every other Summer movie. I'm personally thinking 400 million domestic. There is a lot of hype for this movie. From Wednesday-Monday(opening on Wednesday) I see it making a least 125 million.

Worldwide a little over 800 million.

Heres what I think.
Opening Day(Wed.)-$47.8 Million
Thursday-$33.9 Million
Friday-$42.7
Saturday-$47.2
Sunday-$31.4 Million
Opening 3 Day Weekend-$121.3 Million
Opening 5 Day Weekend-203 Million
Total Domestic Box Office-$467 Million
WorldWide Box Office-$1 Billion

I can't stand non 3 day openings!

they ruin all their chances of records

(this could have competed for the 3 day record)

Last edited:
Why would you bump it when the thread hasn't been posted in it for a couple hours?

$375 million domestic.
$890 million worldwide.

I think for it to make $300mil domestic would pretty good. I could see it ending up in the $330 range, with about $450 international, so $800mil worldwide would be my best bet. Opening WEEKEND (not including Wed. and Thurs.) I think will be around $105mil.

Opening weekend: 105M

Final domestic earning: 350M

Final WW earning: 800M

I'm sure you guys have also read this reports.

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/
'Transformers 2' Tracking HUGE: 5-Day Weekend Closer To $160M Than $175M?
Paramount is gonna call me screaming any moment. But rival studios are telling me they expect Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen to open with a high of $175M for its 5-day opening from Wednesday, June 24 to Sunday, June 28. Because the sequel came onto tracking HUGE today. Paramount will try to lower expectations. But here's what can't be argued: Spider-Man 2 opened on Wednesday, June 30, 2004, and did $152 million for its first 5 days. So Transformers 2 feels like at least it should be in the $160+M range

And
http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009...ge-of-the-fallen-set-for-biggest-weekend-ever
Breaking: 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' set for biggest weekend ever?
Industry polling has the sequel already past $100 million three weeks out

By Gregory Ellwood

Not necessarily that surprising, but industry polling for Michael Bay's "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is hinting that the highly anticipated sequel is already on a record-setting pace.

Based on the data HitFix was provided, "Revenge of the Fallen" is on track to challenge "The Dark Knight's 5-day record of $203 million last summer. The picture has mammoth interest with moviegoers of all ages and is so strong among younger males that it would easily have a massive opening if Paramount Pictures decided to open it tomorrow. Additionally, the overall numbers for men are off the charts with 3/4's of all respondents saying they are more than interested in seeing the movie.

In terms of record setting openings, it's worth noting "Revenge of the Fallen" debuts on a Wednesday while "Dark Knight's" record run began with a Friday (or Thursday night) debut. Comparably, the largest Wednesday 5-day gross on record is 2004's "Spider-Man 2's" $152 million which "Revenge of the Fallen" should easily shatter.

The first "Transformers" opened on Thursday, July 3, 2007 and took in $98.7 million over the 4-day Fourth of July holiday weekend. The picture grossed $319 million in the U.S. alone and made Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox household names. Both stars are back for the second installment and face little competition until Johnny Depp and Christian Bale arrive with Michael Mann's "Public Enemies" and Fox rolls out "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" on July 1. "Enemies" may be rated R, but the combo of the period thriller and the appeal of yet another family friendly "Ice Age" sequel could knock "Revenge" from the top spot.

A massive run for "Transformers" would be another gold star in Paramount's summer release schedule. Last month's "Star Trek" currently is the highest grossing film of the year with $209 million. The J.J. Abrams reboot is also one of the most critically acclaimed films of the year. Whether "Revenge of the Fallen" can duplicate that feat remains to be seen.

It'll come close to breaking Dark Knight's 5 day record, but probably fall a little short, and overall likely be a little bit more front loaded than Dark Knight. $365 million domestic is my guess.

There is definitely a 6 page thread for this already but whatever...

I say 150 million opening weekend.

There is definitely a 6 page thread for this already but whatever...

I say 150 million opening weekend.

Not saying it isn't possible but you do know that TF 2 isn't opening on a friday right :huh:
Had Tf2 opened on a friday i'd definately say that it has a chance of hitting TDK's opening weekend however it's opening on a wednesday.

I think it'll cross the 400 million mark.

I think it will do huge numbers, more than 400 million WW.

A bit early to speculate, but I think it has a good chance at $360 million, wouldn't be surprised if it passes that.

I'm now thinking that the movie will do over 400mil in the U.S and probably 500mil overseas. So yeah I'm now thinking that it will do over 900mil altogether.

I'm thinking it has a shot at 60mil on it's opening wednesday.

I hope I'm not overpredicting it because I want to be fair to a franchise that I don't like but I don't think so.

The climent just seems really good for it. The last SFX picture, Terminator Salvation, didn't exactly rock at the boxoffice. So people might be even more hungry for what they perceive to be a um...good...action movie. A sequel to a movie they very much enjoyed.

I think it could make more than Pirates 2 domestically, like 25 to 35mil more.

The DVD sales were huge so really the sky is the limit, I could be underestimating it for all I know. The costly Imax tickets could add a s**tload to it's gross so I totally could be underestimating it.

I certainly hope I am way overpredicting it but I don't think so.

Heres how I see the days playing out:

wed: 55.6mil

thu: 28.5mil

fri: 35.6mil

sat: 36.3mil

sun: 26.5mil

3day: (friday to sunday)98.4mil

5day: 182.5mil

Last edited:
I can see TF2 as the Dark Knight of Transformers.

in terms of what quality?

i think it will be similar to spiderman 2 (my favorite of the trilogy).

either way, it will be the highest grossing movie of the summer. star trek warmed it up, like ironman did for TDK.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight took in 203 million in its first five days. Revenge of the Sith is second with 172 million in its first five days. I'm thinking Revenge of the Fallen will do about 182 million in its first five days....375 million domestically...825 million worldwide.

I think it will do considerably well in the first 2 weeks but its hard to say, it might drop quickly but who knows, anyways it doesn't really matter to me how much it makes because i will be seeing this movie for my own personal enjoyment.

I'm thinking that domestically this one will make about $350-400 & worldwide will gross about $800 million.

As for whether or not it'll break TDK's records, I highly doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"