Transformers: Toy Thread

Discussion in 'Products' started by Spider-Kid, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Hulk1968 An agent of chaos...

My Generations/ Reveal the Shield Haul:
    WFC Prime
    WFC Bumblebee
    Special Ops Jazz
    WFC Megatron
    Soundwave (in Boombox mode)

[​IMG]

Rodimus / Cyclonus 2 Pack "Battle in Space"
    Drift
    Tomahawk

#551 Hulk1968, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

LoL. Fanmode Soundwave still rocks. I just wish we'll have Cassette bots.

3. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

:up:

4. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

I wish I knew why I didn't like Drift. I've never seen any fiction this guy is in but I don't like him already.

Maybe its just bitterness since I had to settle for him instead of Blurr

5. SHADOWBAT69 outlaw

At least we're getting them in their robot modes though. Rumble and Frenzy look awesome and I will be adding them to my collection for sure.

I picked up Dirge. Finally.

6. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

Got Breacher. Had no idea he was a movie toy. Looks like a tough little runt. Love him already!

7. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

After a long time of not buying anything TF related I've gone on a real quest lately.

I finally got WFC Megatron and Soundwave. Both of them are fantastic.

Generations "Darkmount" (AKA Straxus). I love the look of this. Cool to see them making an obscure character like this.

HFTD Seaspray. I know he was intended to be a Classics update of the G1 character but he looks like he could fit with the movie stuff too.

HFTD Sea Attack Ravage. Not a big movie style fan but I liked the way this looked and he looks pretty god next to my HA Barricade. I've never had any Ravage before.

The Battle in Space Rodimus vs Cyclonus set. Cyclonus is PURE WIN. One of the best figures I've ever seen. Love the colors on him. Rodimus is a little neon but I still like him. Never got the previous release so this is nice to finally have. The little die cast Matrix is a nice touch too.

#557 Metallo, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  8. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

Now that you've got Seaspray, finish the set with Breacher!

9. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

I might just do that. Breacher looks pretty cool. He has a nice APC mode and I've heard they're supposed to go together. That makes sense considering their alt modes.

I wish I could find some of the other generations stuff. I really want Tracks, Jazz, Windcharger, Grapple, Perceptor, Kup, and Wreck Gar. The Classics/Universe/Generations line has come a LONG way as far as sculpting in the last 4 years and I'm really into it more than ever.

10. nogap87 Registered

I'm not a fan of the movies but I got Buster Optimus Prime. It's almost mind boggling that Hasbro/Takara was able to pull this guy off.

11. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

I want one too and I'm not a fan of the movie style either. I don't own any any ROTF leader class Primes. Maybe if Battle Hooks Prime gets marked down and put on clearance I may pick him up since it looks awesome and the engineering is amazing.

The Only TF's I've been willing to spend a lot on lately are Masterpieces because of my G1 love/nostalgia and the fact that they look so good. The price on Grimlock hurt but he's still great.

12. nogap87 Registered

I like Materpeice Grimlock too. Just a little bummed that he didn't have individual fingers because of a "meh" gimmick.

13. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

...just on the right hand. Yeah that did suck. other things like the switchable visor moving tail and jaw were pretty neat. I've never been crazy about most electronic gimmicks in Transformers. Thankfully Starscream didn't have any and Primes light up Matrix was great without interfering with articulation.

14. Hulk1968 An agent of chaos...

Just got RTS Bumblebee and Wreck-Gar :D
    Plus Rodimus VS Cyclonus 2 pack ( Battle in Space )
    comes with a die-cast Matrix of Leadership.
    I pre-ordered RTS Wheeljack today.

Still looking for RTS Perceptor :)

Picked up Drift awhile back as well @ Target.

15. Metallo Evil Dead Re-Animator

I need to fing those guys. I really want Kup, Perceptor, Tracks and Jazz. I also want the new RTS Bumblebee and the new legends Goldbug, Prime, Megatron, and Starscream

I think this may be one of the best times for Classics/Universe/Generations/RTS ever. I've never been this excited for the G1 homage lines.

16. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

You and me both bro. But after Wheeljack, I'm taking an indefinite hiatus from TFs until the Prime stuff hits.

My list is pretty simple:
    - Generations Sergeant Kup
    - United Perceptor
    - United/Generations Scourge
    - United Wheeljack

I'm not sold on the whole "Japan makes better toys" deal but I will admit to being underwhelmed by the paint apps Hasbro used for RTS Jazz and Tracks so I'd rather chance on Japanese imports for the more striking paint finishes. I recommend you give United Tracks a looksee before you pick up an RTS figure. That said, I'm definitely going for a Hasbro Kup because an old Warhorse like Kup looks very weird with a fancy paintjob.

17. nogap87 Registered

I'm on the fence about getting Perceptor. I like the character and he would fill "the smart one" void in my classics collection. But I'm not feeling the alt mode and his robot mode has chunky legs.

Probably would've picked him up if Target still sold TFs for under 10 bucks.

18. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

DOTM Shockwave. Vehicle mode looks too alien but his robot mode is amazing.

19. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

He looks like one of the few decent DOTM toys of the bunch. I'm partial to the new DOTM Ironhide but I hate the MechTek gimmick they've given him.

20. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

I'm all for him having tons of guns in robot mode, but just sticking 50 cannons and lasers on the roof a pick-up truck(albeit a huge one) just looks dumb

21. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

I've seen pics of it being "fanmode" into a Microscope-like machine. I think you might one to check out this feedback forum before dismissing Perceptor entirely:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/352214-reveal-shield-perceptor.html

The chunk is a little noticeable but if you're going to put him on the shelf next to the likes of barrel-chested Red Alert or big-shouldered Drift or the fairly streamline Hot Rod, you might appreciate the difference of aesthetic yet totally dig the "G3" vibe.

22. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

"In disguise??? ***K that! Let's rule this mudhole! With GUNS...And Chevrolet..."

23. nogap87 Registered

DotM Megaron is the only one that has a MechTek gimmick that I like.

That thread is what made me consider getting him. I'm more interested in finding Kup.

24. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

They should rewrite the song. "Transformers: robots with big ass guns!"

Got a link to this? I've only seen Ironhide and Starscream.

25. sandwraith The Trailblazer Awakens

None of any decent quality C-Spoons. What I've seen thus far looks like unpainted prototypes.