Revenge of the Fallen Transformers Trailer in HD

You mean it looks brighter?

i'm guessing it was a process very similar to the one used for pitch black to give it that high saturation/contrast look.

can be quite effective i reckon

Is there a reason Bumblebee never has battle damage in car form, but always has battle damage in robot form?

The scene in the first film where all of the autobots gather and transform around optimus during his first transformation, bumblebee has scratches and junk all over him after being in pristine condition in car form.

And now its in this trailer.... one could assume its from rolling around while transforming but I'm gonna go ahead and bet the next time we see him in car form after this scene he's spotless again.

Nitpicking maybe, but just something i noticed.

i always thought that they suffer crates in paint in stuff as they transformed but when they returned their camouflage was returned.
the REAL reason is that they couldnt scratch the concept Camaro lol

I agree, it seemed to me that it was more obvious when the Autobots arrive and scan vehicles to convert to in earth mode.

That is why I was confused when you said "bleach process". I thought that it looked the opposite, haha.
Lol, my apologies. I'm always getting things the wrong way around. :hehe:

i'm guessing it was a process very similar to the one used for pitch black to give it that high saturation/contrast look.

can be quite effective i reckon
I think you may be right, it seems to be a thing that Bay does regularly nowadays. Personally, I liked the footage before that process (if there was any that is).

Is there a reason Bumblebee never has battle damage in car form, but always has battle damage in robot form?

The scene in the first film where all of the autobots gather and transform around optimus during his first transformation, bumblebee has scratches and junk all over him after being in pristine condition in car form.

And now its in this trailer.... one could assume its from rolling around while transforming but I'm gonna go ahead and bet the next time we see him in car form after this scene he's spotless again.

There's no real explanation for it. I remember listening to an ILM guy give a presentation about the first movie where he basically acknowledged that it made no sense, but it's how Bay wanted it. The robots should look battle hardened, but obviously you don't want the vehicles driving around looking like **** through the whole movie. It's just one of those things.

I don't know what it is about this picture, but it's just cool as bad place. This is the infamous "desert scene" in which the Fallen is revealed.
transformersjh6.jpg

I spot Sam and Mikela in this photo. This whole sequence has me a bit confused. Everyone is standing around this area in a circle like they are expecting something to appear. Then, bolt of lightning, a little fire, and BAM, there's the Fallen.

I spot Sam and Mikela in this photo. This whole sequence has me a bit confused. Everyone is standing around this area in a circle like they are expecting something to appear. Then, bolt of lightning, a little fire, and BAM, there's the Fallen.

It's a surprise party for the Fallen and they all know how the Fallen likes to make an entrance.:woot:

This puzzled me as well, but I kind of figured that it was just a true form and that the alt mode was a disguise, perhaps with holographs filling in the damaged spots.

Well, it happens pretty fast in the trailer, but I'm sure there will more leading into it in the film. Maybe some swirling sand or something to get their attention to that spot.

Well, it happens pretty fast in the trailer, but I'm sure there will more leading into it in the film. Maybe some swirling sand or something to get their attention to that spot.

I know swirling sand always gets my attention. LOL

Trailer looks good, I still think the big wheeliecon looks absolutely stupid! imo

I don't know if it's been said already but I think he's going through the space bridge, not teleporting on his own.

My thought is that the pyramids are actually the portal through which they go. They are standing in a circle around the center of the
3 ? pyramids awaiting the arrival of the fallen?

The pyramids and the land within it is probably going to be the space bridge. I think?

and on the subject of teleporting. I think they should have starscream do it at some point. I know it's been a while since I saw the cartoons but he had the ability to teleport, didn't he? he even did so in the game.

just saw the trailer

as much as i'm looking forward to the movie it was kinda meh

the only shot that caught my attention was the end with the extended shot from the superbowl shot of optimus transforming then jumping on whatever the bad place that wheelicon is

and on the subject of teleporting. I think they should have starscream do it at some point. I know it's been a while since I saw the cartoons but he had the ability to teleport, didn't he? he even did so in the game.

Starscream never teleported in G1. In fact I don't think any Transformers had that ability.

The Transformers in this trailer seem to be a lot more realistic looking that in the last movie. As crazy as that sounds... they don't stand out as much... which to me is a good thing. The best parts of the original movie, CGI-wise IMO, was the Bonecrusher vs Optimus highway battle... and this whole teaser looks 10x better than that scene. ILM is really going out. I really wish I could find out what the production costs for this movie are.

One thing is pretty certain... the Autobots are really going to be messed up in this movie. Poor, poor Autobots. :csad:

Starscream never teleported in G1. In fact I don't think any Transformers had that ability.

Are you sure? Because I remember in one of the early episodes when Ironhide and Bluestreak are flying and chasing some decepticons. And it sure looks like either skywarp or starscream teleports behind them and shoots Ironhide down. Or did they just turned invisible ? :huh:

EDIT: Just watched the episode, ep 3 i think, and skywarp even asks megatron for permission to teleport and shoot them down.

Last edited:
Are you sure? Because I remember in one of the early episodes when Ironhide and Prowl are flying and chasing some decepticons. And it sure looks like either skywarp or starscream teleports behind them and shoots Ironhide down. Or did they just turned invisible ? :huh:

Nope, you were right, skywarp did indeed teleport :cwink:

In the Armada video game? i think i slightly recall that.

In the Armada video game? i think i slightly recall that.

No I meant the game for the movie. Seeing as he just disappeared from the mini-map and then suddenly hes on the other side of the map. I always assumed he teleported ?

While we are making inquiries regarding the new trailer I'm wondering about the robots in their cybertron form and how it relates to their earth form.

In T1 the majority of the robots were relatively the same size from their cybertron to earth form and in general I would estimate all the robots (decepticons and autobots) are under 50ft or so.

How then does 1/5 of devastator end up being 200feet? Was he 200 feet in his cybertron mode? If not and these robots are under 50ft but can assume the size of anything they touch then why doesn't an autobot just assume a bigger size and even things out.

Maybe I'm looking for too much logic but this made sense until a 200ft robot showed up in the new trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"