Tremors Series is Going to Syfy with Kevin Bacon

"YOU WILL HAVE LONG BLOND HAIR, BIG GREEN EYES, AND LEGS THAT GO ALLLLL THE WAY UUUUUUUUUUUUPPP!!!!" :D

I love the original. I hope Fred Ward comes back too, though he's getting up there in years.

It'll be kinda messed up if Gross doesn't end up in it in some way.

Guess second times a charm.

The fact he is making this series and attempting to exclude the sequels indicates he is definitely broke.

Bernie Madoff took Bacon and Sedgwick to the cleaners.

Not many big leading man pay days left for Bacon in hollywood either with him pushing sixty.

The fact he is making this series and attempting to exclude the sequels indicates he is definitely broke.

I get the question of him doing this in the first place, but what does him attempting to exclude the sequels have to do with him being broke? I think it's more an indication of.... well why the f*** would he acknowledge them?

Yeah seriously. Does anyone other than Michael Gross give a crap about any of the sequels?

He's the biggest name to come out of the series, of course he isn't going to be like "Yeah, lets keep those DTVs canon." If anything, if he's the one insisting the other movies be pushed aside, it probably suggests he's not completely desperate for cash, otherwise he'd be like "Yeah yeah, assblasters, that's great, let's do it."

Why? Because to me it shows how out of touch he is with the fans who kept the franchise alive... he thinks his name is going to bring people in and yet ignore the sequels. He is desperate and wants to be the only relevant thing in Tremors.

Yeah well, as someone who tried watching Tremors 2 a while back and couldn't get through it because it was god-awful, Bacon's involvement is the only reason I'm giving this series a shot.

Why? Because to me it shows how out of touch he is with the fans who kept the franchise alive... he thinks his name is going to bring people in and yet ignore the sequels. He is desperate and wants to be the only relevant thing in Tremors.

I guarantee you that 98% of the people who will watch this show doesn't give a damn about the sequels. My condolences to Michael Gross but he'll get over it quickly when he gets his paycheck to co-star in this.

Do you really think the name "Kevin Bacon" is more likely to draw people to a Tremors series than people who actually watched all the movies in the franchise?

‘Tremors’: Vincenzo Natali To Direct Syfy-Blumhouse Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon
Vincenzo Natali (Hannibal) has been tapped to direct the Syfy pilot Tremors, a reboot of the 1990 cult classic film, with original star Kevin Bacon reprising his role. The project hails from Jason Blum’s Blumhouse TV and Universal Cable Prods.

Natali’s episodic directing credits also include HBO’s Westworld, Starz’s American Gods, Netflix’s Luke Cage, BBC America’s Orphan Black and FX’s The Strain, He also helmed the feature Splice, which starred Adrien Brody and was executive produced by Guillermo Del Toro. Natali is repped by CAA, Gotham Group and Characters Talent Agency.
Hnnnngh

Eh. Tremors 2 is good.

Tremors was such a great movie! The second was pretty good and I'll watch that one just as readily as the first. The sequels though can just be ignored! They were so bad. Get Ward back in, as well as Gross and Macintyre.

Hell, get the whole gang who survived the first movie. Even Melvin!:woot:

http://tvline.com/2017/09/19/tremors-casts-megan-ketch-syfy-sequel-pilot/
The Tremors worms are coming for a new set of actors: Megan Ketch — who fronted CBS’ American Gothic and recurred on Jane the Virgin as Susanna Barnett — will star opposite Kevin Bacon in Syfy’s sequel pilot.

Emily Tremaine (Guilt, Vinyl) and Shiloh Fernandez (Gypsy) have also been cast in the project, which takes place 25 years after the 1990 cult hit about an invasion of killer worms (aka “Graboids”) that wreak havoc on an unsuspecting Nevada desert town. The worms are back, and it’s up to an aged, alcoholic Valentine McKee (Bacon) to once again save humanity.

Ketch will play Mindy Sterngood, a charismatic young doctor who was saved from a Graboid by Val at age nine and now has an eyebrow-raising fixation on him.

Tremaine will co-star as Val’s whip-smart daughter Emily McKee, while Fernandez will portray Nico Garza, an employee at Earl’s Graboid Waste Gobbling company.

That's a shame. Wonder if we'll ever get to see the pilot.

I think it's for the better. Bacon was flipping off everything that he wasn't involved with and it stunk of desperation.

Will echo the sentiment that maybe it is for the best. The trailer was okay, but I'm thinking how are you going to spin this out for a season or more? Plus with Ward, they were like the dynamic duo, and I'm assuming they weren't including the character of Rhonda.
I'll stick with the original and the Fred Ward led sequel and that's where the tremors end for me.
But I know what I'll be watching tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"