Trilogy Curse Broken?

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Bruce Malone, Jul 21, 2012.

?

Is the curse Broken?

1. Yes finally a complete trilogy

2. Not yet still waiting

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KalMart 239-Bean Irish Chili

Yes, as in it's not seen as an embarrassment as so many are....even though I still see it as the lesser of the three films.

Although I always liked Back To The Future 3 better than 2, and even Matrix 3 better than 2.

#76 KalMart, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Bruce, do you have a high resolution of your avvy?

3. flickchick85 Admin of Might

While I think this trilogy curse only really applies to the comic-book genre (there are plenty of great 3rd installments of other franchises), I'm gonna say yeah, this broke it.

4. JackWhite Third Man

Yep. Nolan delivered the goods.

5. DACrowe Registered

While I think TDKR may be the weakest of the three (I'll see it again tomorrow and watch it more prepared and see how it holds up), it still a very good movie.

This is not a SM3, or worse an X3 or POTC3. It's not even a Godfather III ("It was....okay."). But reversely, it also isn't Return of the King.

Honestly, I feel if it can be compared to any trilogy it's the original Star Wars trilogy. The first one really surprised people (though obviously BB did not have the cultural or industrial significance of SW) and the second one blew it away with its depth, scope and overwhelming darkness. The third wrapped things up in a satisfying way, but did not live up to the expectations of the previous film.

6. EliteF50 Registered

Broken, dead and buried.

Nolan delivered an amazing conclusion. The perfect conclusion, imo.

7. Leenie Registered

I think it was broken.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spider-Man 3, but the quality of the film was a definite downgrade from the previous 2 Spidey movies. The Nolan Batman movies, however, have definite consistency in their quality.

8. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

I don't buy into the notion of a "trilogy curse" (I don't share the typical fanboy views that Spiderman 3 or X-Men 3 were bad), but Batman was a consistent trilogy. But then again, I think Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are grossly over rated, and nowhere near the "perfect" trilogy. But it's a good one. Maybe my 2nd favorite superhero series.

9. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Absolutely.

10. KalMart 239-Bean Irish Chili

I feel it is as well, but not by much, and as we said before, it's not an embarrassing drop off like so many others that 'fit the curse'.

11. PSYLENTGuardian El Pollos Hermano

I wouldn't say that the trilogy "curse" is broken, 'cause anyone could go and mess up their third movie at any time. Nolan's Batman is "free" from the curse, so to speak. There definitely is a consistency amongst the three.