Tron: Ares with Jared Leto

5e506626ac732bcc259f55e114eeeb47c097c620.gif

I didn't much care for the 'computers birthing life' or whatever nonsense that was or Quorra coming to the real world but I enjoyed Legacy overall and would be interested in a sequel.

I thought Legacy was more interesting when we were seeing the weird city-scapes and the games and how the sprites interacted with each other and stuff... IMO, it would be more interesting to develop this aspect more or the idea of viruses and how they spread and take over. Imagine like a war film or a western or a gangster film set inside the world of Tron.

An Update on ‘Tron’ (Exclusive) -

Earlier this year, it was revealed a Tron series from John Ridley (12 Years a Slave) for Disney+ was scrapped. It is unknown why the studio decided to scrap the project, we heard it was due to cost and Disney’s enthusiasm for bringing the world of Tron back to the big screen.

A couple of months back, our trusted source informed us that a Tron reboot with Jared Leto is still in the works with a director search underway. Now, that is not the most significant update I’ve heard. From what I’ve been told, the film is expected to be more of Tron sequel rather than a reboot, and the cast from Tron: Legacy could return. It is unknown at this time if the film will follow the same story as the canceled third Tron film, Tron: Ascension, which would have seen the machine world of The Grid invade the real world. That was also rumored to have featured a character called Ares.

Another question we are constantly asked is, will Daft Punk return to do the music? Daft Punk’s score was a highlight from Legacy, with their futuristic/electronic musical style helped bring the world to life. We have heard multiple directors in the mix but nothing we can confirm as of yet.

*starts to hum and have hopes that we'll see Beck once again*

Unless they bring back Wilde, I see no point in this. Especially with Leto involved.

TRON 3: Disney Exec Says “Time Is Right” for the Sequel

During an appearance on the Light the Fuse podcast, Disney music executive Mitchell Leib opened up about the future of the Tron franchise, having overseen the production of Daft Punk's beloved work on Tron: Legacy. Not only has Leib been talking with the music duo about a sequel, but he also confirmed that there was already a script that Disney really likes. Now with Disney+ alive and thriving, Tron 3 may actually happen.

"Now with Disney+, I think there's opportunities to be creating content that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to create, you know because we're in the movie business," Leib explained. "We're in the big movie business, and unless it's a big movie idea we don't make small movies. We're only after basically billion dollar box office hits. On the one hand, that's great. On the other hand, that's a very narrow sleeve to operate in, and Disney+ I think is going to afford us the opportunity to expand and get much more diversified in the kind of content we can create. And Daft Punk has a bit of a television and movie development company, and all kinds of things they're into, businesses they're into. So I had lunch with Paul Hahn to further a bit of a starting conversation that we're looking at making a sequel to Tron now, we're looking at Tron 3. And we've got a great script, I mean a really phenomenal script that we're very excited about. Whereas the timing wasn't right to have done it years ago, I think we feel like the timing is right now, and I feel like we've learned a lot of lessons from that last movie."

Leib went on to say that one of the most important pieces to the puzzle would be getting Daft Punk on board for another Tron, which is something the group is apparently open to. Disney also seems hopeful that Tron: Legacy director Joseph Kosinski would return to helm the third movie.

"The right and first thing to do is to try and bring Daft Punk and would they want to," he said. "And the answer is they're always open tp anything and everything, but you gotta take it as it comes and see what the circumstances are. We don't even know who would be directing it, I mean we're hopeful Joe Kosinski would come back and do another one."

"A lot of things gotta fall into the right places, but certainly there's an open-mindedness to it," Leib added.

I like Leto as an actor, no problem with his performances. I feel he's overhated

I would much prefer to see Hedlund and Wilde and Murphy return than see Leto take over the as lead

BUt yeah the point of making this doesn't make sense to me as happy as I would be to return to the world. Disney already has enough huge "male centric" franchises (which i remember people citing that Tron wasn't important after Disney got Marvel and Lucasfilm), the last movie didn't light up the world on fire, not that many people talk about it anymore.

In any case, if it has another Daft Punk soundtrack I won't care about anything else. That first one still gets play from me

I don't understand why they are so set on Jared Leto starring. Leto isn't really a good leading man in my opinion as his strenghts lay as a character actor. Leto's film career has seen mostly been as a character acter rather than a tradional hollywood leading man.

I think the best two Jared Leto movies were the ones in which he was having his face punched to mush by Edward Norton and being hacked to death by Christian Bale with an axe.

I don't understand why they are so set on Jared Leto starring. Leto isn't really a good leading man in my opinion as his strenghts lay as a character actor. Leto's film career has seen mostly been as a character acter rather than a tradional hollywood leading man.

I think the best two Jared Leto movies were the ones in which he was having his face punched to mush by Edward Norton and being hacked to death by Christian Bale with an axe.
Wait, HE was the guy getting "axed" by Bale in American Psycho?

Nice to get some news

I’m looking forward to Tron 3 and more Daft Punk

Hopefully they can bring back the cast from Legacy as well

I honestly don't have much hype for Tron 3. Tron Legacy was so bland, boring, and just bleh. Killed my enthusiasm for seeing anymore of them.

Tron Legacy was awesome. The music, the style - I always watch it, when I‘m in the mood for it.
I‘ll be there on opening day, if there‘ll be a third movie and resulting in a Tron universe with D+ series (live-action)

I agree with the first bit.
Of the movies I've seen he was really good in Dallas Buyers Club, his brief appearance in Blade Runner 2049, and even in his non character actor roles like Lord of War and Requiem for a Dream. I don't get why he's so hated on because it wasn't always like this. Is it because of what he did as the Joker on and offscreen? I think he was a clown for his offscreen antics surrounding SS, but if all the hate is because of that, then that would be weird to me because we give a lot of other actors passes who've done worse (again on and off screen). He seems to have just become one of the internet's punching bags when it comes to actors.

But yeah I don't know if he's the guy to carry the film and I'd rather just make a sequel to Legacy rather than involving Leto

Last edited:
I don’t mind Leto either but for me any sequel to Legacy would be better having Hedlund and Wilde as the leads.

If Leto’s involvement is getting this made though can’t complain too much.

I agree with the first bit.
Of the movies I've seen he was really good in Dallas Buyers Club, his brief appearance in Blade Runner 2049, and even in his non character actor roles like Lord of War and Requiem for a Dream. I don't get why he's so hated on because it wasn't always like this. Is it because of what he did as the Joker on and offscreen? I think he was a clown for his offscreen antics surrounding SS, but if all the hate is because of that, then that would be weird to me because we give a lot of other actors passes who've done worse (again on and off screen). He seems to have just become one of the internet's punching bags when it comes to actors.

But yeah I don't know if he's the guy to carry the film and I'd rather just make a sequel to Legacy rather than involving Leto
I've said before that I find the hate Leto get's for the Joker in SS is silly. I disliked Leto's Joker but it isn't like I hate the guy for the rest of his career over it. Pattinson still gets hate from a minority of people on the internet simply because he was in the Twilight films.

Some folks have strange trivial hatred for certain actors.

I've never seen Dallas Buyers Club but I've seen plenty of Leto in other movies (Blade Runner 2049, Panic Room, Fight Club, American Psycho, Urban Legend, Girl, Interrupted, The Thin Red line, Lord Of War and The Outsider).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"