Runaways Tsunami | Runaways | EP8

Reaction score
Original Streaming Date: December 26, 2017

PRIDE tries desperately to clean up their latest mess without involving Jonah. But can they handle this on their own?

Judged on its own merits and not requiring this to follow the comic, I liked this a lot. There was a lot of tension throughout. A bit of farce in the middle, but in a way that illustrated the absurdity of the situation, not in a way that diminished anything.

Good to see some more resolution with Amy. Good to see Molly's hat.

Judged on its own merits and not requiring this to follow the comic, I liked this a lot. There was a lot of tension throughout. A bit of farce in the middle, but in a way that illustrated the absurdity of the situation, not in a way that diminished anything.

Good to see some more resolution with Amy. Good to see Molly's hat.

Yeah Molly's hat at last. But still no sign of Karolina's flip flops.

At least there was more of Old Lace.

This episode seemed to focus a lot more on the parents today. What stops them from finding a random person on the street and sacrificing them instead?

It was funny that Molly didn't know what a video tape was. But surely people can figure out it's some kind of tape even if they're not quite familiar with it.

I think the issue with grabbing a random victim is that they didn't have time. Victor needed healing *now*, and even if they could kidnap somebody on zero notice, it would almost certainly leave evidence.

Also, Jonah seemed to want to punish the Pride for too much independence/stupidity. So, bonus.

Doomy could have just shot Janet or someone else. Does the victim need to be alive and well when sacrificed?

I wonder who the person is who showed up at the end in the scene with Amy. Is it her killer or someone there to help her.

I also wonder if

Chase will be the one to betray them here in the series.

I also wonder if

Chase will be the one to betray them here in the series.

In the comic, I thought Chase would be the one to have betrayed them throughout so the characterization here feels like as much of a red herring as before.

That being said, is there any reason to think anyone will betray them? In the comic, there was a note sent to the Pride showing that someone was. There's nothing like that here. So it's possible, but it isn't a building mystery. Personally, I'm hoping they keep Pride going next season and then hint at a betrayer rather than remove one of the main cast this season.

I liked this episode a lot, but that said, 2 more episodes and what is Pride trying to do!!! Explain to me show, EXPLAIN!!!!

I liked this episode a lot, but that said, 2 more episodes and what is Pride trying to do!!! Explain to me show, EXPLAIN!!!!

I don't know if they will. They might leave that for season 2.

There's still all the backstory of the Majesdanians. I'm presuming Jonah is one since he's Karolina's biological father. That will surely figure into what the Pride is being used for.

I don't know if the kids will even run away by the end of this season. I don't see the creators dispensing with the adult cast next season to focus mainly on the kids.

I don't know if they will. They might leave that for season 2.

There's still all the backstory of the Majesdanians. I'm presuming Jonah is one since he's Karolina's biological father. That will surely figure into what the Pride is being used for.

I don't know if the kids will even run away by the end of this season. I don't see the creators dispensing with the adult cast next season to focus mainly on the kids.

They have to at least give us some indication of what they're doing by season's end. You cannot leave too much hanging fruit, you need to give your audience something. Otherwise people will eventually lose interest. You can't have a 10 episode season of nothing but build up. There needs to be payoff.

What if there are eventually 2 sets of runaways?

The first would be the kids, and the second would be the parents. It seems that all the parents are forced to be villains here by Doomy and feel trapped. That might even explain why they act in certain ways.

Is Victor abusive because he's inherently abusive or because he is constantly under pressure from Doomy to come up with inventions and that is his coping mechanism? Of course, that doesn't excuse his behaviour, because the other parents aren't physically abusive (at least that we've seen).

But what about Tina Minoru? Is she the way she is because of all the expectations placed upon her as part of the Pride? Would she be different if she weren't stuck in this?

This episode (and the end of the last episode) showed how much they would be prepared to protect their children. But it also showed that they would also turn on each other to survive. Wouldn't the best thing have been to kill Doomy instead?

It seems that the parents trying to break away could be just as interesting a premise as the kids running away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"