Turok

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
So, after playing the Turok demo, I must say this game is looking pretty awesome. It seems that a switch in license holders was just what the doctor ordered for this ailing franchise, because from what I've played, it's everything that the last few Turok games probably should have been. It's got a very cool 80's action movie flavor (think Predator), and the graphics are very nice. I highly recommend downloading it when you get the chance.

And now, obligatory screenshots!

97203744on9.jpg

98627219om7.jpg

Also, there's a Turok DTV animated movie coming out soon, and it looks like it might be pretty good. It's nice and bloody, so that's a good start.

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=20770

But you can't download it if you're in the US. That's crap. :csad:

You can if you have a PS3 (like me). ;)

Don't worry tho. It'll probably be up on XBL on Tuesday. It's a while to wait, but it'll be worth it. It is pretty stupid that they released the Xbox demo everywhere but the US and Japan though. Seriously, what were they thinking?

You can if you have a PS3 (like me). ;)

Don't worry tho. It'll probably be up on XBL on Tuesday. It's a while to wait, but it'll be worth it. It is pretty stupid that they released the Xbox demo everywhere but the US and Japan though. Seriously, what were they thinking?

I do have a PS3, it's just not connected to PSN right now.

And apparently they weren't thinking at all. Considering that the largest install base for the Xbox 360 is in the US.

:huh:

If you have a PS3, then you're really not in much position to complain. Just grab the nearest ethernet cable you can find and plug it in.

You may not have noticed, but I'm quite lazy. I just don't feel like taking the time to find a 50 foot ethernet cable and hook it into a modem. (There isn't a modem anywhere near the TV where the PS3 is hooked up)

This game sucks. I wouldnt even reccommend downloading the demo. If you are going to release a FPS, you have to compete with the CoD4s, the UT3s and the Halo 3s and this game jsut cant

He probably got it off of PSN. However, I would have to disagree with his opinion of it. I think that the game is fun because it's different from Halo and Call of Duty. It's got a less linear play style where you can find your own way through it. If you want to run and gun, you can. If you want to be sneaky, you can. And if you want to feed the dinosaurs, you can. If the game didn't have the Dinosaurs, I would agree that it wouldn't be particularly interesting in this already saturated genre. But the dinos do it for this game. Having a third party that can stir up mayhem at any time for either faction as a fundamental gameplay element is what separates this game from all the Call of Duty and Halo wannabes out there.

This game sucks. I wouldnt even reccommend downloading the demo. If you are going to release a FPS, you have to compete with the CoD4s, the UT3s and the Halo 3s and this game jsut cant

It's a completely different style of FPS. They aren't all supposed to be the same you know.

Im so damn tired of first person shooters at the moment. I mean dont get me wrong, i love Call of Duty and Rainbow SiX and Halo(well Halo not as much), but i just really am tired of these games. Personally, i want more games that resemble Uncharted. The action adventure game that doesnt take place in space or 5000 yr into the future or have you using a pistol that shoots plasma beams. Ill prolly end up purchasing this game, but it prob wont be until much later(i mean it is Turok afterall.)

are the tornado grenades in this one? its the only thing i liked about the last turok game.

Honestly, the demo was terrible. Boring weapons, boring (way too easy) enemies, annoyingly being pushed off your feet every 5 seconds, some sections looked like they'd been done on a PS2 for christ sake.

A boring, dwindeling mess. I gave up on the clear out the area objective, running near bushes to see if a dinosaur would jump out got boring after I'd sweeped the area for a second time, and still not completed the objective.

It's a completely different style of FPS. They aren't all supposed to be the same you know.
and the 3 I listed are nothing alike. The Turok demo did nothing for me. I dont see it doing that well as its inferior to whats out there on the market as the bar has definetly been rasied this past fall. Maybe hte final version will be different but I doubt it

Honestly, the demo was terrible. Boring weapons, boring (way too easy) enemies, annoyingly being pushed off your feet every 5 seconds, some sections looked like they'd been done on a PS2 for christ sake.

A boring, dwindeling mess. I gave up on the clear out the area objective, running near bushes to see if a dinosaur would jump out got boring after I'd sweeped the area for a second time, and still not completed the objective.

that sux. i still want to play it to have my opinion though. i used to LOVE the first Turok for N64, but the sequels just sucked. if what you say is true then i guess we won't be getting a revival of Turok like i was hoping for...

I used to read the comics - Any chance of a new series?

that sux. i still want to play it to have my opinion though. i used to LOVE the first Turok for N64, but the sequels just sucked. if what you say is true then i guess we won't be getting a revival of Turok like i was hoping for...

Don't listen to these haters until you've played the game. I liked the demo a lot, and I have high hopes for the final product. If it gets good reviews I'm probably going to buy it. I have a good feeling about this game.

Dang, you guys are making me feel weird for not saying "DANG! This game is AWFUL!" while I was playing it. :(

But then again, some of you thought Assassin's Creed was the best thing since sliced bread, so perhaps I shouldn't be too worried.

Well, the game has gotten a 9.0 from Play Magazine, however that means pretty much nothing since you practically have to pay them to give your game less than a 9.0.

Well, the game has gotten a 9.0 from Play Magazine, however that means pretty much nothing since you practically have to pay them to give your game less than a 9.0.

It got a 7 or 7.5(cant remember which) from Official Xbox Magazine and that mag usually overrates the hell out of everything.

They're probably all Halo fanboys so I wouldn't put much stock in their opinions of other FPS. I'll bet they're going to give Halo 3 GOTY over Call of Duty 4 and Orange Box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"