TV Mount recommendations

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
hey yall,

I recently started moving into my new house, and I bought a new tv with some of the near-50 hour overtime check I just got.

I have never used a tv mount before, but I need one for my new house. The TV is 65 inches and weighs about 55 pounds. I'm looking for one that can swivel up and down as well as right to left and is very durable, but each to set up (if possible)

hey yall,

I recently started moving into my new house, and I bought a new tv with some of the near-50 hour overtime check I just got.

I have never used a tv mount before, but I need one for my new house. The TV is 65 inches and weighs about 55 pounds. I'm looking for one that can swivel up and down as well as right to left and is very durable, but each to set up (if possible)

Hmmmm.....I've been using wall mounts forever, but never thought of having one swivel from side to side. So you'll be sitting in a different spot as opposed to having to replace the one piece of the sectional that has a (not so...in my case) big dent in it?

Wall studs are 16" on center so the best thing to do is find those centers, drill a small hole, and put a long wood screw into the mount.

Ok, that sounds weird....

Anyway, a bracket like that would have to jut out from the wall depending on the angle you want it to swing and I don't think I'd like that unless it was in a corner. I think it would look sort of weird unless it was under a cabinet of some sort.

After thinking about it, you could actually have a bracket that collapses so it wouldn't look that weird and I'm sure that's what they do. You just move it out from the wall when you tilt it sideways. I don't need something like that, but I'm sure that's how they do it.

Late night ramblings. Sorry, but I've been doing this work from home thing and I don't really sleep anymore. I just sit in front of my computer, work, and blather on about things I know nothing about.

My suggestion is this.
VideoSecu MW340B2 TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 27-65 Inch LED, LCD, OLED and Plasma Flat Screen TV, with Full Motion Tilt Swivel Articulating Dual Arms 14" Extend, up to VESA 400x400mm,100 LBS WR9

I have a "smaller" 55" television and bought one last year and it works great. Swivels out in pretty much any direction you want and very, very far out so you can easily get behind it to plug/unplug inputs or outputs. I imagine you will have some help hoisting that television up. It isn't exactly an easy set up but it is not hard either. Just a lot of steps to assembly and mounting. It will require two people to put together if for no other reason than one to hold the television while it gets mounted and locked into the wall bracket.

Once you do though, that television can swing out in a lot of directions provided you have it mounted to a stud properly.

A general question… A 65-inch screen seems fairly large - big enough to be part of a serious “home entertainment” setup. But typically, aren’t the user settings for surround sound speakers based on distance from the screen? And if the screen is movable (because it’s on that type of mount), won’t this mess up the sound optimization?

My suggestion is this.
VideoSecu MW340B2 TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 27-65 Inch LED, LCD, OLED and Plasma Flat Screen TV, with Full Motion Tilt Swivel Articulating Dual Arms 14" Extend, up to VESA 400x400mm,100 LBS WR9

I have a "smaller" 55" television and bought one last year and it works great. Swivels out in pretty much any direction you want and very, very far out so you can easily get behind it to plug/unplug inputs or outputs. I imagine you will have some help hoisting that television up. It isn't exactly an easy set up but it is not hard either. Just a lot of steps to assembly and mounting. It will require two people to put together if for no other reason than one to hold the television while it gets mounted and locked into the wall bracket.

Once you do though, that television can swing out in a lot of directions provided you have it mounted to a stud properly.

Hey look. Someone who actually has a helpful suggestion instead of mad, late night ramblings. LOL. The 65 in TVs come in around 50 pounds there days. The farther it moves away from the wall, the more torque it puts on the spot where the mount meets the wall, so yeah, hitting the studs is better than using wall anchors. I doubt it'll be far enough away from the wall to matter though. You probably just want to tilt it a little so it won't need to be far from the wall unless you want to tilt it pretty dramatically.

In any case, the wall mount will come with hardware and instructions for mounting as well as just how much you can tilt it so nothing I said was particularly helpful....again.

Mad, early morning ramblings for a change.

A general question… A 65-inch screen seems fairly large - big enough to be part of a serious “home entertainment” setup. But typically, aren’t the user settings for surround sound speakers based on distance from the screen? And if the screen is movable (because it’s on that type of mount), won’t this mess up the sound optimization?

The TV itself won't move that much. The desire to tilt it means someone wants to move around and that will have much more of an effect on the sound if you are using a surround sound. If that's the case, placing the speakers will take some thought. You can also tweak the speaker sound level on one side if you'll be sitting very close to one side and further away from the other.

hey yall,

Hey!! How did this work out? I'm curious. I've been on a TV upgrade binge lately. I found a pretty cool universal stand (not wall mount) and you can turn it manually and adjust the angle if you've got a platform for it. How did you manage the sound if you're moving around?

hey

i ended up buying this one:
https://www.bestbuy.com/profile/ss/orders/order-details/BBY01-805734889992/view

my friend's husband hooked it up for me and it's working out great. he ended up getting different screws/bolts than the ones that came with the package so it's even more secure. the only odd thing i guess is that the room is knotty pine. not the fake stuff either, but wood-wood lol. so it took a little maneuvering to figure it out.

he even checked all my cables and cords and i had apparently used cords that i didn't need, so he freed up some space and clutter by connecting only the ones i needed, and taking off the others.

My main lounge TV can swivel up and down and from left to right. I' not sure what the mount is called but I could find out.

My main lounge TV can swivel up and down and from left to right. I' not sure what the mount is called but I could find out.

That sounds pretty cool. Is it on some kind of vertical runners or is it scissor type vertical lift? Then there's a horizontal swivel? I'd like to see how it works. I've been thinking that stands might be better than wall mounts.

Don't know if you can tell from this pic?

TV mount.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"