Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery

Yeah, aside from certain storylines, I really enjoyed alot of the post-"Who Killed Laura Palmer?" stuff. Windom Earle was scary as ****.

Listening to some of the score for the series on youtube almost makes me want to buy the set just for the music featurette alone.

There's a game called Deadly Premonition that was heavily based on Twin Peaks and you can see it in a large amount of ways in the game. I found it was a fantastic game and while having it's odd elements it's a lot of fun and the story is amazing.

Yep. Deadly Premonition is awesome. While Twin Peaks is an obvious influence, I'm glad it went in its own direction.

Awesome news!

Deadly premonitions was great.

There's a game called Deadly Premonition that was heavily based on Twin Peaks and you can see it in a large amount of ways in the game. I found it was a fantastic game and while having it's odd elements it's a lot of fun and the story is amazing.

Did you play Alan Wake at all? That also had a Twin Peaks vibe going on as well as a sprinkle of Stephen King.

I was REALLY disappointed in alan Wake. The story was boring, the characters were unlikeable, and they wasted all the twin peaks potential by not making it an open world, and not allowing you to interact with people. In that regard, I think Deadly Premonition was way better. If only they had merged the two games, it would have been mindblowing.

I think each does what it does really well. I think the only thing that would be gained by combining them would be watered down versions of each game's strengths.

Alan Wake had great graphics, atmosphere, and gameplay. It certainly was really disappointing to me, storywise and characterizationwise. Deadly premonition had great atmosphere, great story, great characters, and great ideas.

Actually, I would have liked Deadly premonitions with Alan Wake gameplay and graphics.

Story-wise, I kind of agree. Alan Wake ended up being kind of weak. But I really liked it the game as a whole, though. The ending was so Twin Peaks.

I liked too actually. But I was wainting for so much more!

https://twitter.com/EricIGN
Eric Goldman
‏@EricIGN

The Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me deleted footage is really cool! The stuff that takes place after the show is very short but so tantalizing
My two favorite "new" Twin Peaks scenes are a happy Palmer family dinner and Cooper/@Kyle_MacLachlan talking to Sam/@RealKiefer. #TwinPeaks

https://twitter.com/mrbeaks
Jeremy Smith @mrbeaks

Found out this week that David Lynch is switching back to 35mm for whatever it is he does next.

Clarification: I have no idea if Lynch is readying a new movie. I just know he fell in love with 35mm again while doing FWWM Blu.
:hubba

*i think he is. Laura Dern said she had an upcoming project with him.

Definitely want to see that full cut of Fire Walk With Me. I think I'll hold off to Black Friday, see if I can get the set for $70 or under on a sale, something like that.

Does anybody know if this new release is a "director's cut" with the deleted scenes from fire walk with me edited in to the original film; or is this just a bonus feature of deleted scenes?

Unboxing video (in German):

[YT]zpaC2glRR_w[/YT]

The packaging is actually much nicer than I was expecting.

Mine hasn't shipped yet. Can't wait to get my hands on it and re-watch the series. Haven't seen Fire Walk With Me, so I look forward to that.

I had a dream last night that I found the blu-ray in stores for $35. It was amazing until I woke up and realized I'd probably never find it for that price.

tumblr_ncvnlsnIlS1qdb2zpo1_1280.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"