*Two Thumbs Up*

LastSunrise1981 said:
He liked X2, Daredevil, and Batman Begins.
Well DareDevil was bad, X2 was a pretty good but highly overrated movie and Batman Begins was good but he also didn't like Spider-Man. I just don't agree and very much dislike most of his reviews.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Ebert isn't some critic. People worship him, look up to him, listen to him. This could very well help X3's BO. :up:

Weird people...
yes its good promotion and stuff..... but im telling you to not listen to them...they have liked some really bad movies. on an appearance on jay leno they were making fun of each other by reminding us what bad stinkers they liked......and it got UGLY!:o

Not to say critics are always correct but amassed together you can get a consensus often of if the film was just out of touch or not. I personally feel this "listen to no one" mindset is an excuse to justify anything... ala bad heavy metal bands. There must be some order imo.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Well DareDevil was bad, X2 was a pretty good but highly overrated movie and Batman Begins was good but he also didn't like Spider-Man. I just don't agree and very much dislike most of his reviews.
daredevil wasnt bad:o :mad: ....even the theatrical version.

xwolverine2 said:
yes its good promotion and stuff..... but im telling you to not listen to them...they have liked some really bad movies. on an appearance on jay leno they were making fun of each other by reminding us what bad stinkers they liked......and it got UGLY!:o
The general audience listen to critics. Half the students at my school log onto RottenTomatoes to see which movies are good and which aren't. My family read the newspapers to see which ones got the praise for the critics...

But I get your point.

XCharlieX said:
Not to say critics are always correct but amassed together you can get a consensus often of if the film was just out of touch or not. I personally feel this "listen to no one" mindset is an excuse to justify anything... ala bad heavy metal bands. There must be some order imo.

True. But in some cases, such as the Da Vinci Code, critics can be way off the mark.

Ebert also gave DaVinci Code thumbs up. He also gave Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey 4 stars.

neemer5 said:
Ebert also gave DaVinci Code thumbs up. He also gave Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey 4 stars.

DVC was great.

I do't see why people are saying it's so bad? :confused:

I don't get it!!! Ebert and Roeper give X3 thumps up, and it's a bad thing!!! But when they gave X2 thumps up, were people complaining!!!:confused:

Wow, you can never satisfy the masses.

Most people were anticipating what the "big critics" would have to say about the movie, and now it just seems like it's not enough - we still have people complaining about the quality of a movie they have not seen.

If it were 1 thumbs up like X1 - "I KNEW IT WASN'T AS GOOD AS X2" "RATNER RUINED THE FILM" blah blah blah blah.

Now it's 2 thumbs up - "They gave this movie X amount of thumbs, so this review has no merit."

What does it take for you people to stop bashing the damn film?

Just wait to see it, and enjoy it and stop overthinking . It's just a movie.

green1074 said:

Most people were anticipating what the "big critics" would have to say about the movie, and now it just seems like it's not enough - we still have people complaining about the quality of a movie they have not seen.

If it were 1 thumbs up like X1 - "I KNEW IT WASN'T AS GOOD AS X2" "RATNER RUINED THE FILM" blah blah blah blah.

Now it's 2 thumbs up - "They gave this movie X amount of thumbs, so this review has no merit."

I agree completely!!!:o

green1074 said:

Exactly!! :up:

green1074 said:

:up:

Well said.

The fact is folks that listen to nobody tend to get weird and isolated.. and when they have bad taste they dont realize it. Next thing you know: "Batman and Robin was a great film!"

green1074 said:

You are right:up: :)

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Um, Ebert loved Spider-man 1 AND 2. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"