Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

All it takes is the right Director that knows what they are doing for anybody
I think it would take more than that, tbh. As I said, not saying it couldn't be done but it would take a lot in terms of forethought, planning, and execution. And for me some of the actors would be a sticking point too.

No we realize that but AT THIS POINT with the movie division of DC in shambles they do have a group of versions of these characters people like

Theres a compromise there
Nah, the TV division will continue doing their thing while the movie division will move onto other characters in the meantime while they decide what to do with their two biggest characters. If their waffling gives the TV division the opportunity to do something with Batman or Superman, then they will...but without the movie division's involvement. They will never join forces or do any kind of combined effort. They have nothing to do with each other, aside from the movie division limiting the TV division's access to certain characters due to priority.

Also if they want a new Superman. Do another origin movie with Tyler strictly in Metropolis long before Kara shows up. That way Tylers Superman can be its own thing

I would propose doing a mini-series of sorts since there's quite a bit of backstory to cover.

As long as there is a popular Supergirl TV Series in existence, Tyler will NEVER have his own series.

With no Superman on the big screen, I'll be watching Tyler more closely.

I'll be living in a senior community by the time Superman sees the big screen again. Right now, Tyler is all I got. :yay:

Nah, the TV division will continue doing their thing while the movie division will move onto other characters in the meantime while they decide what to do with their two biggest characters. If their waffling gives the TV division the opportunity to do something with Batman or Superman, then they will...but without the movie division's involvement. They will never join forces or do any kind of combined effort. They have nothing to do with each other, aside from the movie division limiting the TV division's access to certain characters due to priority.
Seems a shame that neither DC or Marvel is attempting to use the potential of teaming up both TV and film. If it worked I think it would get the GA even more on board with and invested into a shared fictional universe.

Seems a shame that neither DC or Marvel is attempting to use the potential of teaming up both TV and film. If it worked I think it would get the GA even more on board with and invested into a shared fictional universe.
Like I said, they are essentially different companies. There would just be too much red tape involved in making any of that happen. They tried it with Marvel Studios (because of their unusual business model as practically an independent studio) on Agents of SHIELD, only for us to later learn that Feige was being forced tooth and nail to work with Loeb and Perlmutter, and he got free of that arrangement as soon as he was able.

My dream now is for the WB film division to let go of Superman for a few years, let the TV division have him and actually spend some money on a proper (non-CW) TV series for him on the DC streaming service or (WB-owned) HBO. Not with 22-episode seasons, but 8-10 episodes with a decent budget each per season. It doesn't have to be like Game of Thrones expensive, but even HALF the cost of GoT's per-episode budget would be FIVE-times that of the CW shows. With that kind of budget, they could afford real writers and decent production values and it could actually have a shot at being legitimately good. I mean, Superman's popularity was made on TV, let's not forget. There's a part of me that feels he and his world are best served there anyway.

Did the CW know that Henry Cavill was not coming back as Superman? Is that why they allowed him to be used in this crossover like that, along with Lois Lane?

And could we see much more of him now that Hoechlin's the only Superman in live action for the moment?

Did the CW know that Henry Cavill was not coming back as Superman? Is that why they allowed him to be used in this crossover like that, along with Lois Lane?

And could we see much more of him now that Hoechlin's the only Superman in live action for the moment?
It's an interesting thought.

I do think the reason they're allowed to use Superman again is due to the fact that there are currently no movie plans.

I've long said I would take a great Superman TV show over a great film so I hope they do a Superman TV show but personally I would make it on the DC streaming service and start a fresh.

The other alternative is Tyler gets to pop up more on the Arrowverse and I could see us getting Superman on Krypton at somepoint too.

I like Hoechlin, but I don’t want Berlanti to get his hands on Superman full time. I guarantee he’s better off as a guest star.

For the record, my dream scenario Superman show was a NON-Berlanti show. Hence the part about the real budget allowing for them to hire real writers, lol.

For the record, my dream scenario Superman show was a NON-Berlanti show. Hence the part about the real budget allowing for them to hire real writers, lol.

That's why a Superman TV show would work better with a fresh start on the streaming service IMO. Although I wouldn't complain at all if we got one on the CW with Hoechlin as lead. Especially as Hoechlin is my favourite live action Superman.

That's why a Superman TV show would work better with a fresh start on the streaming service IMO. Although I wouldn't complain at all if we got one on the CW with Hoechlin as lead. Especially as Hoechlin is my favourite live action Superman.
They wouldn’t even necessarily have to start fresh. Berlanti could still be a producer (he produces a TON of stuff beyond CW), could still use Hoechlin, just go outside Berlanti’s usual Arrowverse wheelhouse and spring for bigger talent when hiring the creative team (he already somewhat did this with Black Lighting, even on their same small budget/network). If it’s set during Supes’ early days then they don’t have to worry about much by way of continuity with Supergirl, and just let it be it’s own thing.

They wouldn’t even necessarily have to start fresh. Berlanti could still be a producer (he produces a TON of stuff beyond CW), could still use Hoechlin, just go outside Berlanti’s usual Arrowverse wheelhouse and spring for bigger talent when hiring the creative team (he already somewhat did this with Black Lighting, even on their same small budget/network). If it’s set during Supes’ early days then they don’t have to worry about much by way of continuity with Supergirl, and just let it be it’s own thing.

True but I could only see them going the prequel route for a mini series, if they were to take it to a full series (even a 16 episode one) I would bet the farm on them putting it in sync timewise with the other shows.

I do think a proper full on series would need a fresh start personally as Supergirl has taken a ton of stuff from Superman both storyline and character wise.

I do think a proper full on series would need a fresh start personally as Supergirl has taken a ton of stuff from Superman both storyline and character wise.

They probably thought they were safe doing that, thinking that Superman himself would be firmly embedded on the big screen for some years to come!

They probably thought they were safe doing that, thinking that Superman himself would be firmly embedded on the big screen for some years to come!

Oh yeah, I'm not saying they shouldn't have done that but with that baggage I think a Superman show would feel restrained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"