Supergirl Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

I'm starting to think that we may still see traditional cyborg superman, however it'll be Zor El like the current comic book.

Perhaps when Hank went to the fortress it wasn't a one way street using kara's blood. I could see Zor El figuring some way to download his conscience into the fortress (Mind you this would be stretching it) and his program was uploaded into Hank's cyborg hardware and it detects foreign as in hank's human dna and overwrites it over time to turn him into the current incarnation.

I'm starting to think that we may still see traditional cyborg superman, however it'll be Zor El like the current comic book.

Perhaps when Hank went to the fortress it wasn't a one way street using kara's blood. I could see Zor El figuring some way to download his conscience into the fortress (Mind you this would be stretching it) and his program was uploaded into Hank's cyborg hardware and it detects foreign as in hank's human dna and overwrites it over time to turn him into the current incarnation.

Why would they do that after Hank has called himself 2x that he is Cyborg Superman? Why not just have Hank Henshaw (which is also in the comics) come in later on in the season full on as Cyborg Superman?

I think he called himself superman because he sees himself possessing the power of A superman rather than because he is in any way or shape connected to THE superman. I would've loved to see Tyler play cyborg superman but Harwood is a fantastic actor so I had no problem with it in the end.

I rewatched the Season 2 episode with Tyler in and it was nice to watch these again after not watching them for a little while. Tyler was so good in the dual roles and those episodes really did give me a version that is very close to the perfect version of Clark Kent and Superman that I have in my head. I was thinking earlier that I may have been overhyped before and that it wouldn't be as good on rewatches but it was. Tyler's Superman is definitely still my favourite and we got to see him do so many things I wanted (including seeing Clark Kent as an investigative reporter) that I think his version is gonna take some topping. I just really hope we see him again.

The one thing I have found with this series in particular is that about 99% of the time I enjoy the rewatch better than the live viewing.

The one thing I have found with this series in particular is that about 99% of the time I enjoy the rewatch better than the live viewing.

I agree, I think maybe it's because you can really concentrate on it in a rewatch

I really hope that they're able to bring back Tyler for at least one more episode this season.

The sooner the better because if Tyler gets scouted for another project that's long term then that might prevent him from having any more major appearances with this show, regardless of what WB says.

Hopefully they allow them to bring him back for an episode since I know he will be off limits for the shows first half of S3 due to JL coming out.

Hopefully they allow them to bring him back for an episode since I know he will be off limits for the shows first half of S3 due to JL coming out.

It still boggles my mind why Warners has an embargo on Superman. If they can have two different Flashes existing at once, why not two different Supermen?

On a related note, unfortunately, comes this news from today's TCAs: The CW has no plans for a Superman series at this time. http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/08/cw-possible-superman-spinoff/

A bummer, but understandable. I think Berlanti has enough on his plate as it is with five series, and possibly a sixth (Black Lightning), in production.

Even if Superman was available to use for his own solo series, the problem is that both he and Supergirl come from the same genre cloth that it would be next to impossible to present them differently. If anything, it could unintentionally hurt supergirl's show.

Also, further bad news is that it doesn't seem like he will be returning for this season according to the CW president.

^ Not currently having plans to bring him back doesn't mean he won't be back.

Even if Superman was available to use for his own solo series, the problem is that both he and Supergirl come from the same genre cloth that it would be next to impossible to present them differently. If anything, it could unintentionally hurt supergirl's show.

Also, further bad news is that it doesn't seem like he will be returning for this season according to the CW president.

We don't need a Superman series.

Yeah I see some sites have run with that headline as a definite 'no' but if you read the article they just say there aren't any current plans. Now there may not be any plans right now if they may be playing coy.

Yeah I see some sites have run with that headline as a definite 'no' but if you read the article they just say there aren't any current plans. Now there may not be any plans right now if they may be playing coy.

Berlanti was a little more optimistic than Pedowitz:

For his part, Berlanti seemed a little more hopeful about a potential Superman spinoff down the line. “Look, we were just really lucky,” Berlanti said following a panel for his new drama Riverdale. “We asked to have him come on for the first couple episodes and they were great about it. We’d love to have Tyler back, he’s amazing, he was great in the role. In success, I think all those things are possible. I’m always the guy who says ‘yes’ if there seems to be an appetite for it and the people involved are really nice.”

Berlanti was a little more optimistic than Pedowitz:

Yeah I saw that, I think it's that optimism that got them Superman for two episodes in the first place. Let's not forget they asked to use him for one episode and they said you can use him for two episodes. So we know they are open to them using Superman. I'm sure he will be back at some point.

Hopefully he can involved in next year's crossover, just seemed weird in the crossover that Superman and MM weren't involved when they could have helped a lot against the dominators.

It still boggles my mind why Warners has an embargo on Superman. If they can have two different Flashes existing at once, why not two different Supermen?

This is what I don't get either. With the Flash on both TV and film, whatever argument the WB has about Superman being in both TV and film is redundant. They have no real reason not to have Superman in TV and film.

TheWB probably doesn't want 2 Flashs at the same time but the tv show was greenlit before they had any big screen plans most likely.

This is the same studio who wanted to cancel Smallville because they had Superman Returns coming out.

Hopefully he can involved in next year's crossover, just seemed weird in the crossover that Superman and MM weren't involved when they could have helped a lot against the dominators.

I think it made sense don't blow your load on one crossover. This way if they want to use Superman again or even Martian Manhunter in a crossover it keeps that special feeling.

It will be cool if we eventually get to see Superman meet Batarrow.

Last edited:
TheWB probably doesn't want 2 Flashs at the same time but the tv show was greenlit before they had any big screen plans most likely.

This is the same studio who wanted to cancel Smallville because they had Superman Returns coming out.

Not only was it greenlit, but it was an astonishing extraordinary success. If it weren't getting impossible ratings, I am willing to bet it *would* have been cancelled, or at least Barry would have been given a swift and unceremonious death.

I have a feeling there is going to be "at least" some backlash from the TV version of Flash.... Grant Gustin is just too damn popular for there not to be. I could foresee the same with a Supergirl movie that does not star Melissa Benoist.

We shall see how this goes...

I'm kind of skeptical there's even going to be a Flash movie. Its lost its second director with no word of a third one to replace, yet, and its timeslot got ganked by Gotham Sirens. I'm guessing its being quietly pushed to "TBD" status, subject to how the character does in Justice League. If the Flash is a big hit in JL, they'll go back to the drawing board, but otherwise, the movie might just not happen.

But just think how screwed Barry and Ollie would have been to have to have dealt with mind controlled Superman and MM too, instead of just Supergirl.
Supergirl took out Kid Flash in 2 seconds and Flash's energy bursts were totally ineffective against her. Now imagine all three ganging up on Barry.

Why was that weird? Barry didn't know Clark, and besides, it was even ridiculous that they didn't just let Kara go do her thing.....she could have taken care of it alone without Superman, so why have him there making the situation already weird by the simple fact that she could destroy them all by herself....even weirder with 2 tht
at could do it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"