Ultimate Avengers 2: Rise of The Panther coming to dvd August 8th.

Have to admit I was dissapointed with the 1st one - the quality of the animation was ok but the style they employed made it look cheap.

The Chitauri were throwaway at best.

I did get a buzz out of Hulk vs. Thor though.

Hate the way they're still using Hitch's stuff for the cover hoping to con some poor sucker into thinking thats what the film'll look like.

Odin's Lapdog said:
the unfortunate thing about the panther is that he's going to have an inevitable bout with cap and he's going to lose badly...

:(:(

it won't be the glory of the fantastic four cartoon when he took them all on and won
Eh. Doubt it. They'll probably have someone break up the fight and explain what they're doing there or something...bad place, Black Panther might actually win and try to get the finishing blow but an avenger stops him....Basic misunderstanding-introduction.

Darthphere said:
Sometime during the first arc. I checked im not making it up.
Nevertheless, you attack Hudlin for no reason when Priest actually put it in there. And since it was already there, where's the harm in using it?

Odin's Lapdog said:
the unfortunate thing about the panther is that he's going to have an inevitable bout with cap and he's going to lose badly..
In the 616 comic Panther beat Cap; even though I think it was either his father or grandfather.

The Question said:
I think a good Ultimate Black Panther costume would be a sort of mix of a ninja/stealth suit, some high tech goodies, and the ceremonial warrior garb of African tradition.
<---I see no reason not to use this one.

Well, my idea for Ultimate Black Panther would require more substance over style. So, a more practical back suit, but still with some aspects of the ceremonial garb.

Chris Wallace said:
Nevertheless, you attack Hudlin for no reason when Priest actually put it in there. And since it was already there, where's the harm in using it?

Considering Hudlin's title was a reboot of BP, why would he use probably one of the wrose ideas to come out of Priest's run?

I wish they would have done a more straighforward adaption of the Ultimates, like they were originally doing...look on the Fantastic Four DVD and watch the trailer for the first one, it has stuff straight from the comics that wasnt in the movie (Hulk slamming Iron Man into Grand centeral station, etc)...and that pisses me off...but I already have the first one, and this one doesnt look WORSE, so I'll probably get it...I'll definitly get Iron Man and Dr. Strange too :o

Darthphere said:
Considering Hudlin's title was a reboot of BP, why would he use probably one of the wrose ideas to come out of Priest's run?

Why was it a bad idea? T'Challa is a kind who's primairy interests lie with Wakanda. The Avengers, at the time at least, was a rpimairily American group. It makes sense for that to be his reason for joining.

Chris Wallace said:
In the 616 comic Panther beat Cap; even though I think it was either his father or grandfather.
that's why it's even going to be more of a shame when it comes to this animation.

:(:(

you can feel cap's owning victory in the air....

The Question said:
Why was it a bad idea? T'Challa is a kind who's primairy interests lie with Wakanda. The Avengers, at the time at least, was a rpimairily American group. It makes sense for that to be his reason for joining.
They're still primarily American, & the Ultimates are even moreso. I doubt they'd even take him if he wanted to join.

And to add to your question of why it was a bad idea, when Priest came on, everything BP did was for the good of Wakanda; making sure that this superteam wasn't going to pose a threat seems a wise agenda. And it really fits, b/c when he was on the team, he still put his country's interests first.

I got the first one and liked it.This adds Black Panther,yes i'm getting this.

DVD Specs
Closed Captioned: English Captions
DVD Format: Widescreen
DVD Running Time: Approximately 73 minutes
DVD Audio Status: Dolby 5.1 & 2.0 Audio
Release Date: August 8th, 2006

DVD Special Features
Extras include "The Ultimates" featurette, a gag reel, "What Avenger Are You?" DVD-ROM feature and first looks at the upcoming "Iron Man" and "Dr. Strange" animated features. Retail is $19.99.

Synopsis: Earth's mightiest heroes reunite to save humanity once again. Mysterious Wakanda. It lies in the darkest heart of Africa, isolated and unknown to most of the world. Brutal alien invaders are coming, soon to fill every sky and control every land, seeking what is buried beneath its lands. That leaves Wakanda's young king Black Panther with a single option: The Avengers.

Press Release
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
This August, it’s the Ultimate Rematch as Marvel Enterprises (NYSE: MVL) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) release to DVD Ultimate Avengers 2, the sequel to the first-ever Marvel animated feature, starring some of the most popular super heroes in the Marvel Universe. Picking up where the highly popular Ultimate Avengers: The Movie left off, the film will feature some of Marvel’s most popular Super Heroes including Captain America™, The Hulk™, Iron Man™, Thor™ and – for the first time ever in animated form – The Black Panther™. Set in Wakanda, deep in the heart of Africa, the film features non-stop animated action that stays true to its comic book roots and boasts highly-entertaining bonus features including a gag reel, a featurette, DVD-ROM game and more. Ultimate Avengers 2 will be available on DVD on August 8, 2006 for the suggested retail price of $19.98.

To save humanity, the Earth's mightiest heroes must reunite for a rematch of heroic proportions.
Mysterious Wakanda; lies in the darkest heart of Africa, unknown to most of the world. An isolated land hidden behind closed borders, fiercely protected by its young king - the BLACK PANTHER. A king who holds the fate of the entire earth in his hands. Because brutal alien invaders are coming, soon to fill every sky and control every land, seeking what is buried beneath ancient Wakanda. That leaves the Black Panther with a single option, one that goes against the sacred decrees of his people – to ask for help from outsiders. And so he turns to The Avengers. These mightiest of heroes have battled the aliens before, and barely survived. They thought it was over. They were wrong.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*:
• “The Ultimates” featurette
• The Ultimate Gag Reel
• First Look at Iron Man feature
• First Look at Dr. Strange feature
• “What Avenger Are You?” DVD-ROM game
*DVD Special Features subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 2005
Title Copyright: © 2006 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Home Video Premiere
Rating: PG-13 for intense action violence
Genre: Animated, Children’s Non-Theatrical
Closed Captioned: English Closed Captioning
Format: Widescreen (1.77:1)
Feature Running Time: 73 Minutes
Audio Status: Dolby 5.1 English and Spanish Audio Tracks

Can't wait.

It's not quite his first animated appearance.

Technically it is, because its Ultimate Black Panther :rolleyes:

Did Hitch draw that cover or is it someone else doing there best impression? If it was him, that's the worst Hitch drawing I've ever seen.

Wasn't the first bad enough?

I'm looking foward to this. The first movie wasn't perfect but was better than at least a half dozen past Marvel animated projects in terms of animation quality and action (they ARE supposed to be action shows; no BS&P rules to get in the way). I'm disappointed that this one's only going to be 1-2 minutes longer; most movies are at least 90 minutes for a reason. I also hope that with all the time developping Black Panther, they have time to have some of the other Ultimate Avengers develop, too. Cap had the last movie and Iron Man has a DTV of his own coming, and Thor obviously gets at least one scene by how the sneak peek with UA ended. That still leaves the others.

Granted, people who claim this is "trash" really need to rewatch episodes of the old 90's SPIDER-MAN, where poor Spidey couldn't even punch people in the face, and needed dimensional machines to substitute death, and shut up. Really. Or how about the 90's X-Men and their inability to really injure anyone but robots, as well as AKOM providing some of the cheapest animation at the time. Both were good shows, but they're nothing compared to the DCUA. The UA's movies are a few baby-steps in that direction, so for god's sake, can you fanboys NOT stab something in the eye and drag it through the streets for not being perfect on the first try? I'd hate to see some of you guys coaching little league.

I'm glad the UA movies aren't straight translations of the comics, and have some originality. It keeps it unique and interesting, and also, look back at the Ultimates comics; NOT ONE CHARACTER is a character you can actually like. Not one. Cap is a jack-booted thug, Fury is an merciless hard-arse, Giant-Man a wife-beating psycho, Banner an uncontrollable cannibilizing monster, and you can continue on. Millar writes from an extreme POV; the movies are more moderate and allow the characters to almost act heroic. In Ultimates, the heroes are only "heroes" because they're on our side, not because they have much redeeming qualities or because they're likeable human beings. Maybe that's the point (as everyone has their flaws), but that doesn't mean it doesn't get tiring to read sometimes. Maybe some of you were disappointed to not see Hank viciously pummel Janet into a coma in UA. I wasn't, because it was a horrible scene to watch. I don't like watching a husband so abusive that he nearly murders his wife on panel because he loses it and calling it "entertainment", and maybe that makes me dumb. I don't know.

It can't be any more disappointing than X-MEN 3 was.

I liked UA, and I hope to enjoy UA 2. Maybe I'm a sucker for explosive Marvel animation, but to each their own.

And technically, Black Panther was animated in one episode of the 90's FANTASTIC FOUR series, but it was a pretty lousey episode, despite the decent animation and Keith "Goliath" David cast as T'Challa.

Dread said:
I'm looking foward to this. The first movie wasn't perfect but was better than at least a half dozen past Marvel animated projects in terms of animation quality and action .
:confused: To me your logic is flawed. Compared to all the 90s shows to me this is a huge and I mean huge step back from all the older shows.

I'd bet that compared to X-Men 3, this will be an Oscar-caliber film.

I don't see why people are so hard on "Ultimate Avengers". It found the perfect middle ground between Ultimates (aka "The Everyone's an *******-Avengers") and the real Avengers. It was a fun story that was well-executed and is the best Marvel animation we've ever gotten if you ask me.

I too am excited for this. Most of Marvel's flagship books are terrible, X-Men 3 was terrible, they're ditching Toy Biz... at least I can get some entertainment out of the Ultimate Avengers films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"