edit​

Last edited:
edit​

Last edited:
edit​

Last edited:
Chapter Three: The Epiphany
Part II

Next to a dark picture frame is an arrow, dark blue and lodged deep into the sheetrock. "They aren't alone, kid." I hear a voice speak. I turn to my left, and I see a figure standing in the doorway. He holds a bow in his hand, a hood covering his head. In the dark shadow I see a small ember of a cigar, burning calmly as it rests in his mouth. "No one is."

The man steps into the light and I see him more clearly. He's aged, but his body seems strangely fit. His body is adorned with armor on his shoulders and chest. A sack slung over his back holds many arrows, their feathered ends poking out from the gray stitched bag. It's Byrd. Has to be.​

"Syn," Bruce says, rising to his feet. "I'd like you to meet the Quiver, one of Earth's greatest heroes." The man walks forward to me and grins with a gritted smile. "I hear ya aren't from here." He says, placing his bow over his shoulder. "That's a good thing. If you were the Syn I know...you wouldn't be breathing."

"The Quiver, huh?" I say, looking him up and down as I notice the similarties to the man I know in my world. "So...you got more heroes like you?" He turns to Bruce, and then looks back to me. He raises his arm and grabs the cigar, taking it from his mouth as he blows a dark cloud of smoke from his mouth. A wide smile comes across his face as he stares at me.​

"Plenty," he says proudly. "From what Bruce tells me, you're not the evil ******* I know. Someone more. Someone who can help."

"Whoah...help? Hey, I'm just some teenager from another dimension. I'm not the ruthless mercenary like you know here. What do you think I can do?" He says nothing. He places the cigar back in his mouth, and turns his back to me. He walks forward, and makes his way toward the door.​

"Come on, kid." He calls out, stepping into the hallway. "I think it's time you met the team."

edit​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"