Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew. Well that guy had the whole gaming community fooled, he sure ain't gonna struggle to find a job.

Excellent work. I'm glad it's not real. I'd be disappointed if they set it in Asia again. I prefer they travel around and change the setting each game.

He has some skills, but I agree. I would not have liked the setting, unless it was one chapter out of several different continents/chapters. I want desert, ocean, and maybe some form of aerial stages. And that title sounds like a bad spy novel title.

I'd like to see Europe (they'd probably do the Mediterranean) and Egypt as settings for the next two games. That'd cover every continent but North America.

Egypt would be awesome. I will say that all of this speculation has gotten me more excited for the eventual announcement of part 3.

Yeah I think ND will throw in some sandy environments this time around. I really want a New York level too, it's always been my kind of Uncharted dream-scenario where Nate gets out of like a meeting or something and is ambushed by a bunch of hired goons. He hasn't got a weapon and he wouldn't fire one in a crowd so he starts scrambeling up buildings and leaping over gaps to avoid what turns into a city-wide hunt.

I think that'd be awesome.

huh......well.....there it is. i guess hes a fine actor and all, but they really shoudlve gone with a Chris Evans or Ryan Reynolds type.

Ugh.

Wahlberg is a decent actor I guess, but I really don't think he has the range, charisma, or comedic timing to play Drake.

Yep. Some might say that he's an "obvious choice", but there's a good reason for that.

Wahlberg? Ugh.

"Hey Sully, say hi to your mom for me.":doh:

I really wish they had gone younger but Im fine with Wahlberg. I think he's a decent enough actor, but I am concerned about his charisma and comedic side as noted

Wait, are we even sure he will play Nathan? Id prefer it if he were cast as the main villian with them still searching for a suitable Drake

This is a terrible casting call I mean Wahlberg is a good actor but he won't be able to pull off the witty and funny comebacks that Nathan Drake has. I mean he isn't even funny!!! Not even in The Other Guys. And he is too Old!! Heck he looks a lot older than Fillion!!! And whats with the whole De Niro and Pesci crap stick with the original story!!!!!! This totally ruined my day!!!!!
Mark My Words this This movie is going to ruin the Franchise!!!!

How can a movie ruin a video game franchise? Many movies based on video games suck but the games don't suffer for it, if the movie sucks uncharted 3 will still most likely be a terrific game

How can a movie ruin a video game franchise? Many movies based on video games suck but the games don't suffer for it, if the movie sucks uncharted 3 will still most likely be a terrific game
agreed. If its terrible, at best it will be ignored. It wont have any bearing on Uncharted 3

If i m not mistaken i think Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider did suffer heck u could even throw in Silent Hill and Prince of Persia in the mix.

Last edited:
MK and TR declined on their own. Resident Evil 4 and 5 weren't affacted. Prince of Persia wasn't affected by the movie. WW and TT weren't that good. 08 was too easy. FS was just plain.

so...i like Wahlberg. He was a complete bad ass in The Departed and he's a great actor. But I can't see him pulling off this role. I can't remember him ever playing a self deprecating character who shows humility and jokes around. He always plays someone who takes himself seriously and is usually either creepy, a bit of a jerk, or a bad ass.

This role was freaking meant for Nathan Fillion (or a similar actor who can pull off Drake like humor...Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, etc...but Fillion most of all). end of story.
My excitement for this movie has completely plunged. I'll keep an open mind...but i'm really no longer excited because i just can't see Wahlberg in the role at all.

Very disappointing casting.

Last edited:
MK and TR declined on their own. Resident Evil 4 and 5 weren't affacted. Prince of Persia wasn't affected by the movie. WW and TT weren't that good. 08 was too easy. FS was just plain.

Yea my point is that movies don't affect the games, if a series went downhill its because of the developers behind the game, movie directors aren't the ones making the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"