Uncharted Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Just finished it.

Loved it.

That ending. :)

I just finished the game and it was amazing. Definite 10/10 and best Uncharted game. Imglad it turned out so well bc some people were worried after high profile people left the project and it kept getting delayed. Im glad it not only delivered but more than lived up to the height. GOTY for sure

I read that the ending would be controversial but I didnt see that at all. It was perfect. It was good closure for the series

LOVED the combat in this game and the stealth. They improved this in every way

This definitely had a The Last of Us feel to it. It was like Uncharted with a TLOU skin over it. You could clearly see the influence

One thing that dissappointed me was that there was no Chloe! She was my favorite of the supporting characters and was hoping she'd appear either to help the gang out or show up as part of Nadine's crew (who she'd of course betray)

I thought for sure that Sam would die at the end. I knew Sully and Elena were safe but as a new character he seemed like fair game

The mention of Amy Henning in the credits was a nice touch and it was classy of Sony and ND

What was everyone's total play time? Mine was 15:12 which is shy of my TLOU run of about 16 hours. I think my longest in a previous UC game was around 9ish

Last edited:
Mine was just shy of 14 hours.

I don't remember what the play time was for the past games, but I think they ranged from 10-12 hours.

How old is Nathan supposed to be in the main timeline of the fourth game?

How old is Nathan supposed to be in the main timeline of the fourth game?
I've heard he's supposed to be 39. Not sure where that info comes from though, I'm assuming it's a conclusion drawn from dialogue throughout the games.

I've heard he's supposed to be 39. Not sure where that info comes from though, I'm assuming it's a conclusion drawn from dialogue throughout the games.
He's about 40/41. The info comes from Uncharted 3 which first delved into his childhood and establishes him as being born in either 1975 or 1976

He's about 40/41. The info comes from Uncharted 3 which first delved into his childhood and establishes him as being born in either 1975 or 1976
Do you recall where it established that? I know he was supposed to be 14-15 in that flashback to meeting Sully (he says he was "15" in a bit of dialogue, but it's unclear whether he mean that was his age when they met, or when he ended up a in prison "within a year" of when they met) and that game was set 20 years after that, so he was 34-35 in UC3. But that's the only time I remember age being mentioned.

EDIT: Naughty Dog also apparently said this one is set only 3 years after UC3 (and not the 5 years it would be in real-time), so I guess that would make him more like 38?

Last edited:
Do you recall where it established that? I know he was supposed to be 14-15 in that flashback to meeting Sully (he says he was "15" in a bit of dialogue, but it's unclear whether he mean that was his age when they met, or when he ended up a in prison "within a year" of when they met) and that game was set 20 years after that, so he was 34-35 in UC3. But that's the only time I remember age being mentioned.

EDIT: Naughty Dog also apparently said this one is set only 3 years after UC3 (and not the 5 years it would be in real-time), so I guess that would make him more like 38?

well thats it but if ND says only 3 years passed than yeah 38 would be about right

If that's the case he's older than I thought he was in the [BLACKOUT]epilogue. He looked older there, but not in his mid 50's. [/BLACKOUT]

If that's the case he's older than I thought he was in the [BLACKOUT]epilogue. He looked older there, but not in his mid 50's. [/BLACKOUT]

Either way I still loved how in the epilogue they had him with greyed temples. You could even see a bit of age in his and Elena's face. Just a perfect ending.

I figured Drake to be in his early 50's in the epilogue. How old do we think Cassie is? To me she looked about 12.

Good message, family over your bucket list

I played the MP again this weekend. I love it, I really do, but it is disappointing that they released it unfinished. Not that Id ever expect them to delay the game further for MP, but the same 3 game modes over and over gets old with no variation. The rollout to bring on more content has been slow, but I guess at least its free.

I know for fact that for the majority of the campaign, Nathan was in his 40s
Drake was born in '75 or '76, so yes, in real time, he would be in his 40s now. However, the games do not occur in real time. As others have said, Drake is 37 (38 at the oldest) in Uncharted 4.

He was 34/35 in Uncharted 3. It takes place 20 years after he met Sully. He met Sully when he was 14/15 and Naughty Dog has gone on record saying that Uncharted 4 takes place three years after Uncharted 3. So no, you don't "know for a fact" that Drake was in his 40s during the events of Uncharted 4, because he wasn't.

Last edited:
Drake was born in '75 or '76, so yes, in real time, he would be in his 40s now. However, the games do not occur in real time. As others have said, Drake is 37 (38 at the oldest) in Uncharted 4.

He was 34/35 in Uncharted 3. It takes place 20 years after he met Sully. He met Sully when he was 14/15 and Naughty Dog has gone on record saying that Uncharted 4 takes place three years after Uncharted 3. So no, you don't "know for a fact" that Drake was in his 40s during the events of Uncharted 4, because he wasn't.
You're wrong. I do know for a fact. When Naughty Dog was streaming the Uc4 extended Madagascar gameplay on Twitch, someone asked how old Nathan is and Naughty Dog responded saying "in his 40s now"

Give a source, then. Like I said, Drake in real time (as of 2016), is in his 40s, but within the time frame of the game, based on the breakdown I presented from info given within the games themselves, he is not yet 40 in Uncharted 4.

Give a source, then. Like I said, Drake in real time (as of 2016), is in his 40s, but within the time frame of the game, based on the breakdown I presented from info given within the games themselves, he is not yet 40 in Uncharted 4.
I'm not sure if I took a screenshot of the stream but I'll see if I can find one

Found this on another message board:

He's 35 in Uncharted 3, making him 31 in Uncharted 1 and 33 in Uncharted 2. I think I remember reading that this game takes place 4 years later so 39.

Edit: Some background facts: Drake mentions offhand that he was in jail by the time he was 15, within a year of meeting Sully. In U3 we see he meets Sully 20 years before the main plot of U3 takes place, making him 35 during the events of the game.

Found this on another message board:

He's 35 in Uncharted 3, making him 31 in Uncharted 1 and 33 in Uncharted 2. I think I remember reading that this game takes place 4 years later so 39.

Edit: Some background facts: Drake mentions offhand that he was in jail by the time he was 15, within a year of meeting Sully. In U3 we see he meets Sully 20 years before the main plot of U3 takes place, making him 35 during the events of the game.
some places say 3 years some say 4, most people seem to think he's 38

In terms of gameplay, Uncharted 4 was a big disappointment for me. Naughty Dog forgot Uncharted is supposed to be an action game. Uncharted's meat and potatoes used to be gunfighting with climbing and puzzles there to break up the action. UC4 takes the opposite approach and focuses on climbing and puzzles above all else. I suspect the amount of gun fights was drastically toned down from prior entries to address the idiotic meme of past games that "Nate is a mass-murder". I think a sensible person would be able to recognize that Uncharted is a pulpy action series where death doesn't hold the same weight as it does in real life. Druckmann and Straley apparently disagree. To add insult to injury, UC4 includes an "encounter select". The sum total of playtime between all of these is probably an hour.

Have they said anything about adding MP trophies? I hope they do bc this game is pretty much all I do play on my PS4. I played through SP once and havent bothered to clean up the rest of that stuff but the MP has me hooked and would love there to be more of an objective for me besides the daily challenge

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"