Underrated CB movies

The Phantom, pure action adventure. And I am a fan of the character.

The Shadow. Yeah, it's not based on a comic book... And it could have been better. But I like the guilt and redemption theme. It's refreshing to see a hero that started out as a complete *******.

Batman Forever.

This movie gets pigeon-holed with Batman & Robin and that is wrong. Granted it's not perfect, but there are moments that are pretty damn good.

Hell yes. A few changes here and there and it could be one of the best Batman movies...:ninja:

Hellboy II. The aesthetics, Nuada's plot, and the development of Hellboy's relationship with Liz make it an excellent CB and fantasy movie.

Hellboy II. The aesthetics, Nuada's plot, and the development of Hellboy's relationship with Liz make it an excellent CB and fantasy movie.
Also, Nuada was a sympathetic villain who had legitimate grievences against humanity.

V for Vendetta (top 5 CBM easily for me, yet I never see it on any top 10/15 lists)
Dredd (top 10 imo, absolute shame there will be no sequel)
Blade 2
F4
The Mask
X3 (I remember really liking it in theatres)

That's all I can think of right now

I saw Dredd for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was bad ass awesome. It's on Netflix now if anybody is wondering. So yeah too bad Dredd didn't do much at the box office.

I haven't seen that one, but my bigger brother really liked the film. I want to watch it some day.

I actually hated Dredd (please don't kill me), and thought the Stallone movie was better:ninja:

The Stallone movie felt like it took place in the future, and it had the humor too. Dredd took itself too seriously. It was too dark and nihilistic. Didn't feel like the comics I've read.

Daredevil, I think its phenomenal
Batman Forever. Easily my favorite Non Nolan Batman film

I actually hated Dredd (please don't kill me), and thought the Stallone movie was better:ninja:

The Stallone movie felt like it took place in the future, and it had the humor too. Dredd took itself too seriously. It was too dark and nihilistic. Didn't feel like the comics I've read.

Well I always judge movies based on what they are/what they are trying to do rather than what I think they should have done. Dredd also feels like the future....I mean weren't we supposed to have flying cars and robot butlers by now? Lol. ts a badass movie that I can watch anytime its on.

And Olivia Thirbly :hrt:

Well I always judge movies based on what they are/what they are trying to do rather than what I think they should have done.

It's not bad as an action movie, but it wasn't anything new:yay: I don't get the hype.

Dredd also feels like the future....I mean weren't we supposed to have flying cars and robot butlers by now? Lol.

What? You mean you don't have a flying car or a robot butler? Where in the world do you live?:o

The Hulk is my pick. I enjoy that one quite a bit.

Blade 2
Hellboy 2

Guillermo, Mignola and Barlowe + Pearlman and Goss on both...

Green Lantern: It was fun, entertaining.

Spawn: stupid, but not as stupid as the "adult" comic book series:whatever:

Swamp Thing:I liked it. the worst thing about it is the unnecessary nude scenes:doh:

TMNT 2 and 3: It's about giant ninja turtles. What the hell did people expect...:word:

Green Hornet: Disappointing ( Seth Rogen as The Green Hornet?:dry:) but entertaining.

Kick-Ass
V For Vendetta
A History of Violence
The Rocketeer

All of these are fantastic films, which most people have not seen.

Watchmen
Lee's Hulk
Daredevil: Director's Cut
Punisher: War Zone
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

I used to think Daredevil was under-rated, then I saw the Director's Cut which so many people say is better, and realized I was mistaken. That movie has it's moments but a lot of the ill-will towards it is deserved.

I guess on the plus side, that is a benefit to these movies, almost all of them have some cool scenes that are worth watching. In Daredevil, for instance, I really liked the fights at the end with Bullseye and Kingpin. But most of the time, those cool moments force you to realize what a let down the rest of film is.

Spider-man 3
X-men 3 ( if just because of beast and angel)
Also I feel Captain america: TFA doesnt get the respect it deserves. It had a ton of heart, some fantastic romance, and fun indiana jonesish action

There is one good scene in Spider-Man 3. In fact, I will go forward and call it spectacular: the sequence where the Sandman assembles himself. While I have a lot of problems with the writing in the film and some of the casting (they should never have hired Dunst in the first place,) that sequence stands out to me and prevents from wholly rejecting SM3.

The Phantom, pure action adventure. And I am a fan of the character.

The Shadow. Yeah, it's not based on a comic book... And it could have been better. But I like the guilt and redemption theme. It's refreshing to see a hero that started out as a complete *******.

I ran into The Shadow a couple of days ago and it was better than I remembered. It had a great touch of Burton's Batman here and there (what CB movie didn't at the time, anyways). I guess the only thing I really disliked was that the Shadow's "face" (you know eagle-nosed) was barely there.

There is one good scene in Spider-Man 3. In fact, I will go forward and call it spectacular: the sequence where the Sandman assembles himself. While I have a lot of problems with the writing in the film and some of the casting (they should never have hired Dunst in the first place,) that sequence stands out to me and prevents from wholly rejecting SM3.

That scene was beautiful in all senses. But it's an oasis in the middle of a crappy movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"