Underrated Films: Your Opinion

spider-neil

spins a web any size!
Reaction score
predator 2
fright night 2
ghostbusters 2

Hellboy 2

The Corpse Bride , you never hear much about it but I loved it.

Copycat. It's a great 90's thriller with Sigourney Weaver and Holly Hunter about a serial killer copying the murders of famous serial killers like Dahmer, Bundy, and the Boston strangler.

After Hours (compared to other Scorsese films, anyway)
The Brady Bunch Movie
Dark City
For Your Consideration
Gattaca
Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai
Glengarry Glen Ross
I'm Not There
The Informant!
The Ladykillers remake
The Life Aquatic (I need to rewatch, but I remember thinking it was better than its general reception said)
A Mighty Wind
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Pleasantville
Quantum of Solace
Quiz Show
Radio Days (a lot of Woody Allen movies were acclaimed when they came out but are practically obscure now)
Reversal of Fortune
Solaris remake
Sweet and Lowdown

The Fountain (I honestly don't care what anyone says, I love this movie and think it's one of the best meditations of death and acceptance in any medium)
All That Jazz (I know it was nominated for several big awards for its time, but I think it's slipped far too much off the radar nowadays)
Hulk (I can actually understand why some weren't fond of this, but I still think it's quite good)
Ghostbusters 2 (This one I never understood the disdain for. It's not as good as the first by any means, but still very good and fun in its own right).

Predator (It's a classic among Sci-Fi fans and it should be on AFI's list of 100 Thrills but unfortunately, it's not)

Batman Returns (Most misunderstood Batman film, keeps the fanbase and audiences divided. When it's actually one of the best of the series, up their with The Dark Knight, Batman Begins and Batman '89)

Last edited:
Speilberg's War of the Worlds
The Wackness
DOnnie Brasco

Cape Fear (Scorsese remake)
Shutter Island
Book of Eli
Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut

Lust Caution--a wonderful romantic spy thriller that, aside from some leering notices for its sexual content, came and went in the U.S.

Memento Mori--a superb coming-of-age horror story. One of the first Korean commercial films to depict lesbian characters

Millennium Mambo--not really underrated, but considering its quality it should have gotten as much attention as Three Times and Flight of the Red Balloon

Quantum of Solace
Rob Zombie's Halloween II director's cut

Those are the most recent ones I can think of.

I am Legend
Spider-man 3
Daredevil
Batman Forever
Falling Down - I think this movie is a stone cold classic, MD's best performance, I actually completely forget it's Douglas when watching the film.
The Matrix Reloaded
Quantum of Solace
Watchmen
Signs
Punisher War Zone - c'mon, it is a right good laugh

Pi - The first movie Aronofsky directed turns out to be one of his best.
The Conversation - the movie mostly never get mentioned when talking about Francis Ford Coppola's best movie.
Letters from Iwo Jima - It's a great war movie and I like that it focused on the event of Battle of Iwo Jima from the Japanese side.
Fanny och Alexander (Fanny and Alexander) - I love this movie.
Paths of Glory - For me it was Kubrick's first masterpiece.

the 13th warrior, never read the book, but i really enjoyed the movie.
mean guns, straight to dvd but was a good movie as well.
the hunted with christopher lambert was also a good samurai vs ninja movie. john lone and yoshio harada were great in it.

the 13th warrior, never read the book, but i really enjoyed the movie.
mean guns, straight to dvd but was a good movie as well.
the hunted with christopher lambert was also a good samurai vs ninja movie. john lone and yoshio harada were great in it.

I love all 3 of those.

Rocky Balboa

To me it's could go Rocky, Rocky II and then Rocky Balboa and I'd be a happy camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"