Underrated Films: Your Opinion

Tell me about this film!

Piper, its an independent film and done on a very low budget.. That aside the movie looks incredible! In terms of story it is very orginal and I cannot personally think of a way to explain it. I highly suggest you see it and judge for yourself. I believe its on netflix stream.. This is one of my tops and cannot believe it was this well done on the budget they had.

Piper, its an independent film and done on a very low budget.. That aside the movie looks incredible! In terms of story it is very orginal and I cannot personally think of a way to explain it. I highly suggest you see it and judge for yourself. I believe its on netflix stream.. This is one of my tops and cannot believe it was this well done on the budget they had.

I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the response.

:yay:

The_First_Time_Movie_Poster_2012.jpg
Watched this just because it was there and I had nothing to do. Looks like your standard mediocre teen film but it's actually quite good. Not Perks of Being a Wallflower good, but it takes its subject seriously and manages (mostly) to follow through with an interesting storyline about real first love blooming.

Shoot_em_up_ver2.jpg

Hilarious though the joke does wear thin by the end.

The Kremlin Letter.
John Huston-directed spy film from Noel Behn's novel. As stale as Stale Beer spy fiction gets. Underrated by everyone except Jean-Pierre Melville.

The Punisher
Both the '89 movie and the TJ one

The Last American Virgin

This one seems to get lost among the many 80's teen sex comedies that it's really good and one of the rare ones in which the main protagonist doesn't get the girl.

Best of the Best 2
A nice fun martial arts film, has some corny lines, but it's pretty good

Sexy Beast
At Close Range
Exotica
Into the Wild
The Lookout
The Weather Man
Little Odessa

Secret Window.

One of Depp's less surreal characters, but still a fruitcake. Oops, spoiler alert! I may have said it before, just means I agree with my former self.

Ghostbusters II
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom
Predator 2

Sequels (and prequel in the case of TOD) that never get the credit and respect they deserve, IMO.

Begins and ends with Highlander for me. Absolutely adore that film. Shame the sequels were utter garbage.

Charlie St. Cloud

When we rented the film, I thought I was not going to like it; however, it turned out to be a good film. I like it.

The World of Henry Orient. I adore Peter Sellers.
Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil horror+comedy=awesome

The King Of Comedy. Indeed one of Scorsese's best. It speaks to us now more than it did when it was released..

YES! This is a great film! Coming to blu ray this October!

I never got the hate for Cowboys And Aliens. It seemed to perfectly balance the sci fi and western genres. Sure it wasn't world changing, but I never got why so many people HATED it.

Rocky 3 - 5
5 is especially my favorite of those, don't see all the hate it's got

Fantastic Four (2005)
Watched it again yesterday, it has its share of problems, but what movie doesn't?
I will say I never liked the use of supernova in this movie, it's the lowest point in the movie

The Friends of Eddie Coyle.

If you liked Killing Them Softly you'll probably enjoy this movie.

-The Grifters. One of those movies that was acclaimed and nominated for awards at the time it came out but isn't well known now. One of John Cusack's best performances; he's pretty underrated in general.
-The Crying Game. I feel like many people now remember it more as a reference (because of its famous twist) than the movie itself.
-Young Adult. Great movie that kind of went under the radar. Its ending is absolutely brilliant.
-Idiocracy. Thankfully, it's found more fans over the years, but I still think it gets a little undersold on how clever it is.
-Tron. I'm kind of amazed the filmmakers thought up the whole computer world and religious allegory with text-only computers and early arcade games as their only points of reference.
-Matchstick Men. Cage and Rockwell are great together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"