Underrated Films: Your Opinion

phantom-of-the-paradise-movie-poster-1974-1020266578.jpg

magic.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't seen Phantom of the Paradise in 11 years or something. I liked it. Maybe I'll see it again very soon...

Way Of The Gun

Might have mentioned that already, but the intro and final shootout are pretty friggen amazing. Del Toro and Phillippe are both excellent in it.

Also Strange Days and City Of Lost Children still hold up excellent. Always feel those get forgotten and deserve more credit.

Last edited:
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story isn't as lauded as it should be.

I loved it. That movie made me appreciate John C. Reilly. It's not just a well-constructed comedy in the lines of "Walk the line" but the music is very damn good too.

"You don't want to be apart of this ****!"

Quick Change.

So many people I know have never seen or even heard of this movie. It should be regarded as a comedy classic. One of Bill Murray's best films.

Way Of The Gun

Might have mentioned that already, but the intro and final shootout are pretty friggen amazing. Del Toro and Phillippe are both excellent in it.

Also Strange Days and City Of Lost Children still hold up excellent. Always feel those get forgotten and deserve more credit.

Yeah, Way Of The Gun was pretty damn good but I never cared for City Of Lost Children. I heard so many people praising it and when I finally watched it a number of years ago I was kind of disappointed. Strange Days was pretty cool too, you can't go wrong with Ralph Fiennes, one of my favorite actors.

Speaking of Fiennes. A film I find underrated is Coriolanus. Starring Fiennes and Gerard Butler, based on a play from Shakespeare. I understand some people's hate for this movie because it takes place in modern Rome but keeps the Elizabethan dialogue. A lot of people apparently didn't like it for that reason and felt they should have kept the movie in the appropriate time which was roughly 490 BC. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought Fiennes did a good job directing. Fun little fact, he previously played Coriolanus on stage in 2000.

Jack Black was great in that. I would like to see him try some more serious roles in the future.

I agree that MoS isn't an underrated film but heavily disagree that it deserved most of the criticism it got.

I agree that MoS isn't an underrated film but heavily disagree that it deserved most of the criticism it got.
I think...I agree with this.... :woot:

Though, in comparison to other CBMs, I think it is underrated.

This.
Strange Days was pretty cool too, you can't go wrong with Ralph Fiennes, one of my favorite actors.
Yeah, it's a really cool role. The teaser for that film is one of my favorites.
Speaking of Fiennes. A film I find underrated is Coriolanus. Starring Fiennes and Gerard Butler, based on a play from Shakespeare. I understand some people's hate for this movie because it takes place in modern Rome but keeps the Elizabethan dialogue. A lot of people apparently didn't like it for that reason and felt they should have kept the movie in the appropriate time which was roughly 490 BC. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought Fiennes did a good job directing. Fun little fact, he previously played Coriolanus on stage in 2000.

Never knew that film existed. Need to check it out. Personally I alway like seeing the ways how modern Shakespeare adaptions differ in the setting. Especially when they are on a lower budget.

Last edited:
As good as the original.

Apparently DeNiro paid to have his teeth grinded down for the part of Cady, then paid even more to get them fixed of course.

I still need to see the original with Peck and Mitchum. Kind of cool that both of them made appearances in Scorsese's remake. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"