Underrated Films: Your Opinion

I know. Got my Philips 47" when it was on sale. Little less than 500 euros. Not that bad, even if it's Philips. I've broke so many Philipses in my life that it's not even funny.

:funny:

Why did you buy another one then?

"The Vanishing." Almost as good as the original and both directed by George Sluizer. Jeff Bridges is a great villain in it.

I remember liking the remake alot but I was really young when I saw it. My parents love that flick. Need to check that out again.
This! I remember renting Existenz when it first came out on home video and buying it shortly after. That is definitely an underrated film in general as well as an underrated Cronenberg film.
Definitely. Just saw his sons film Antiviral and man, like father like son haha. Terrifying imagery and atmosphere. Dug it for the most part, but very uncomfortable flick. Banshee gets himself all jacked up.
Was Existenz the one with Gretchen Mol in it? I liked it.
It was with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Jude Law. You may be thinking of The 13th Floor, which came out around the same time and was also a VR flick. 90s was all about those.
I'd like to mention John Carpenter's "In the mouth of madness". Loved it when I saw it many, many years ago. It's probably not underrated as much as it's somewhat unknown or rarely mentioned. To me that was the last awesome Carpenter movie.
That movie is friggen amazing.:up: All horror fans should be forced to watch it.

Last edited:
It was with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Jude Law. You may be thinking of The 13th Floor, which came out around the same time and was also a VR flick. 90s was all about those.

Ah yes! I intentionally avoided checking it out from IMDB. I'm too old-fashioned and like remembering/talking about movies too much. Indeed it was 13th floor I was talking about. I'm fairly sure I've seen Existenz too.

edit: since were talking about Jude Law, I have to state that "Gattaca" might be a little underrated or just unrecognized. It probably has a small cult following, but it seems to be one of those gems many haven't seen. For some reason, I didn't remember anything about it so I watched it again, got the blu-ray from sale somewhere. Beautiful film.

Last edited:
Gattaca is another great one. :up:

There's a great horror movie called Splinter I thought was very overlooked.

Seen it. There's much to like. Even the characters sold it for me. Decent characters in horror movies aren't that common. That's probably why I thought "The Innkeepers" was alright too.

Good to know. Never seen that one.

Good to know. Never seen that one.

I'd recommend it, but I will also recommend adjusting your expectations. Go with the "I want to watch a decent, fun movie" mentality, not expecting to be scared ****less.

Event Horizon

Not exactly great but I don't see how horror and sci/fi fans don't like it.

Event Horizon

Not exactly great but I don't see how horror and sci/fi fans don't like it.

I remember liking the remake alot but I was really young when I saw it. My parents love that flick. Need to check that out again.

Definitely. Just saw his sons film Antiviral and man, like father like son haha. Terrifying imagery and atmosphere. Dug it for the most part, but very uncomfortable flick. Banshee gets himself all jacked up.

Oh ****! That was his son who made Antiviral? I still need to finish that one. I started it a few nights ago but put it on too late and started falling asleep.

Gattaca is another great one. :up:

Splinter is definitely a film more horror fans need to check out. I ended up blind buying it when it hit DVD and I really enjoyed it.

"The Vanishing." Almost as good as the original and both directed by George Sluizer. Jeff Bridges is a great villain in it.

I haven't seen the original but the remake was pretty good and I agree that Bridges was really good in this one.

Disney's Dinosaur from 2000. One of my favorite Disney movies.

Rurouni Kenshin (2012)
It's good because the source material they used is good

time_after_time.jpg

"Almost"? That ending killed it. Ridiculous. And Bridges was over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"