Unfunniest show / sitcom?

Skip's character is not only not funny, its insanely formulaic and farcical.

He starts a fire, then refuses to read the PSA written for him about fire in lieu of his own message (omg!), then...wait for it....starts another fire! And somehow ends up throwing it out of the window of the white house. ..Seriously? :dry:

OMG so craziEyY!!

Skip enters an important meeting between foreign leaders and somehow, through his bumbling but adorable good heartedness, saves the presidents bacon and closes a deal he'd lost. Never saw that coming. :whatever:

Some of just many of the eye-roll moments of this show. It feels like they are trying to make him Peter Griffin from Family Guy, except 1600 Penn isn't a cartoon.

Which is where the problem is. Skip is a cartoon character in a physical world. Its idiotic. Nobody could possibly be as bumblingly klutzy and stupid as Skip is, and if they were we would never see them. And the whole routine about his bumbling idiocy somehow making things right at the end of the eps is overdone to death.

He's like Kosmo Kramer gone horribly wrong, mixed with Peter Griffin gone horribly wrong, mixed with Jonah Hill with none of the intelligence or charm.

And thats not even getting into the rest of the show. That argument the stepmom and daughter had on camera when they were supposed to be giving a PSA...that would never happen either.
Not saying these shows have to be super realistic but 1600 Penn goes full guitar with it, especially because its set in the White House and these people are supposed to have some semblance of credibility. Elfmans character is supposed to be a politically savvy woman, yet twice so far she's made public faux pas that would crush any politician's career.

She was going to tell a 4th grader to shove a trophy up her fathers ash....in public....

This is the first lady we're talking about.

Who does the things the people in this family do? No one, ever. Its beyond the realm of all possibility, and this is coming from someone who's read comics since he was 8. I can suspend disbelief for pretty much anything, and yet this show is still too unbelievable.

Only way I can describe it, is a cartoon that became real but doesn't know its not a cartoon anymore. Like the worst episode of Family Guy ever, in 3D.

On some level i'm intellectually offended that the producers could think I would enjoy this. Of course, this is NBC.
Freaking. Nailed. It.

I think one of the best sitcoms out there now is "Raising Hope."

ooh, I agree. And I am extremely picky when it comes to sitcoms. I REALLY like Raising Hope.
I love you guys.

I'm warming up to Ben and Kate. Seems like it's still trying to find itself. Very understandable for a first season.

New Girl has been getting on my nerves since the end of the first season. Just my opinion but I feel like it's getting worse.

Freaking. Nailed. It.

I love you guys.

I'm warming up to Ben and Kate. Seems like it's still trying to find itself. Very understandable for a first season.

New Girl has been getting on my nerves since the end of the first season. Just my opinion but I feel like it's getting worse.
New Girl is hit or miss for me. Some episodes are fine and funny but others are just grating and trying too hard.

I love you guys.
:D

I'm trying to like it, and it is growing on me a little bit. Something about it isn't really doing it for me, but it is just the first season so let's give it a chance.

Yeah. I think that's it. I feel like a show like New Girl should have found it's footing by now.

"Hey Nick, you're with someone that's completely wrong you!"
"So are you, Jess. We're obviously going be in some kind of exclusive relationship if our show doesn't get canceled soon."
:dry: Not funny anymore...

Yeah. I think that's it. I feel like a show like New Girl should have found it's footing by now.

"Hey Nick, you're with someone that's completely wrong you!"
"So are you, Jess. We're obviously going be in some kind of exclusive relationship if our show doesn't get canceled soon."
:dry: Not funny anymore...
They play too much on Jess' nerdiness, Schmidt's d-bagness, and Nick's aimlessness. About the only person who's seems to not be a caricature of themselves from the first season is Winston.

I just realized there are two sitcoms centered around the White House, 1600 Penn and the Byron Allen crud The First Family, wonder which one will last more than a season? Hopefully neither.

When will the industry learn that First Family sitcoms never seem to work out... :o

Just watched The Mindy Project.

I will add this show to the conversation.

Ugh, I could barely get into the pilot for that show. And judging by the reaction on the web I didn't miss much.

Now, that's one show I don't get the hate for. It's not great, but it's hardly terrible.

When will the industry learn that First Family sitcoms never seem to work out... :o

I never got why they didn't. Seems like the material writes itself.

But then maybe it's the focus on family, as opposed to the job.

I just realized there are two sitcoms centered around the White House, 1600 Penn and the Byron Allen crud The First Family, wonder which one will last more than a season? Hopefully neither.

Would Veep count? If it does, that makes three.

Fail on your part. Veep's awesome. :o

You guys just hate BBT because it reminds you too much of yourselves. Stop being butt hurt.

1600 Penn is just horrible.
never seen 2 & a half men, so I will not comment like most sheep.

Most of the crap on TV is just simply there to entertain. It is the lowest form of humor in most cases.

Basically TV humor is like the old version of internet Memes.

Last edited:
The best white house show ever that is humorous was That's My Bush. Loved that show.

You guys just hate BBT because it reminds you too much of yourselves. Stop being butt hurt.

1600 Penn is just horrible.
never seen 2 & a half men, so I will not comment like most sheep.

Most of the crap on TV is just simply there to entertain. It is the lowest form of humor in most cases.

Basically TV humor is like the old version of internet Memes.

As opposed to TV shows that...aren't there to entertain? :oldrazz:

All television are there for entertainment. Its just a matter of how well they do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"