The Dark Knight Rises Unintentionally Funny Moments in The Dark Knight Rises

I don't think the "Alfred?" itself was supposed to be funny. The line from Fox about opening his own door is.

Every time I've seen it with an audience it elicits an uncomfortable chuckle.
Even if it wasn't supposed to be funny, it was an awkward and awkwardly placed moment.

My audience laughed at that "Alfred?" moment, too. I thought it was supposed to be funny...

Yes. The two times I saw it my audience burst out laughing at "Alfred?" too.

The fast zoom on Foley's face. I hate that shot. That and Rachel slapping Bruce are the two shots i really dislike in the whole trilogy.

The worst case of humor done wrong was Bruce's "Alfred?" immediately after Alfred leaves him.

The fact that you have one of the most emotionally moving scenes in the trilogy and then play it for laughs in the very next scene really kills the power the Alfred/Bruce confrontation has.

I think that was just a simple reaction of Bruce being so accustomed to Alfred. Did it never happen , when you don't sleep at home , and you wake up and think you're on your room ? Yet when you see you're in some other place there's this moment of trying to understand "where the hell am I "? Its the routines of our bodies and minds adapting to a new situation. To me the scene plays like that.

The fast zoom on Foley's face. I hate that shot. That and Rachel slapping Bruce are the two shots i really dislike in the whole trilogy.

I think that was just a simple reaction of Bruce being so accustomed to Alfred. Did it never happen , when you don't sleep at home , and you wake up and think you're on your room ? Yet when you see you're in some other place there's this moment of trying to understand "where the hell am I "? Its the routines of our bodies and minds adapting to a new situation. To me the scene plays like that.

That's exactly how that scene plays out to me too.
But the fact that it plays literally seconds after one of the most emotional scenes in the entire trilogy is really shoddy editing.

That's exactly how that scene plays out to me too.
But the fact that it plays literally seconds after one of the most emotional scenes in the entire trilogy is really shoddy editing.

Oh , the problem was the placement. Ok.

Thinking about it , to me it reinforces the weight of the previous scene.

It's only kinda funny cause it shows how Bruce isn't used to answering his own door...but heartbreaking that Alfred is truly gone and Bruce is all alone in that echoey mansion.

The "Alfred?" line as Bruce wakes up is SUPPOSED to be be funny.

"Oh look, It's Miranda...and she's dressed in some kind of strange ethnic garb like something my old mentor Ra's Al Ghul might wear...no matter, even though she's a businesswoman and I have no reason to suspect she has combat or weapons training, I'll just toss her this shotgun and have her cover the door".

That was kind of unintentionally funny.

Yeah 'cause anyone who wears ethnic dress is automatically member of LOS.

:whatever:

"Oh look, It's Miranda...and she's dressed in some kind of strange ethnic garb like something my old mentor Ra's Al Ghul might wear...no matter, even though she's a businesswoman and I have no reason to suspect she has combat or weapons training, I'll just toss her this shotgun and have her cover the door".

Batman probably assumed they gave her clothes to wear.

Batman was in the middle of fighting Bane. What Tate is wearing at that time would be last thing he would notice.

Yeah 'cause anyone who wears ethnic dress is automatically member of LOS.

:whatever:

[Batman sees someone in ethnic dress. Starts punching them.]
Person in ethnic dress: Ow! Stop! What did I do?
Batman: Er, uh... sorry. Just... you never know. League of Shadows and all. You could be Ra's Al Ghul's kid for all I know, heh heh. I guess you don't know who that is. Well, this is awkward. Sorry I punched you.

That's....kinda racist.

Talia Al'Ghul death was funny, laughtably funny.

PS : I don't know that Hollywood find in Marion Cotillard but she was bad ( Batman ) or very mediocre ( Inception ) in all her main US movies.

I didn't think she was mediocre in Inception...

Next to the rest of the cast ? She was.
Mediocre for is just : yeah she was there, nothing more, forgettable.

La Mome wasn't an Hollywood movie.
Anyway, I stand by what I wrote, she was bad in Batman and forgettable in Inception.

I'm not contesting your personal opinion. You were asking what "Hollywood" saw in her. They saw an Oscar winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"