Unintentionally Funny Moments in The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by 3-D, Jul 30, 2012.

1. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

The "wheres the trigger" scene is no different compared to "where were the other drugs going, swear to me" scene from BB or the "where are they" from the interrogation scene in TDK. He's using the same level of anger and volume, I honestly see absolutely no difference between them at all. I thought he did the scene as it should of been done.

2. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

It's the execution. He doesn't sound as ridiculous in those scenes as he did in the trigger scene. It's also how he keeps saying it over and over. The longer he says it the more you hear how stupid he sounds. It's like a bad broken record.

3. Brain Damage

Brain Damage Everything Under the Sun

Not to mention he sounds like he's drowning in his own spit by the end of it.

4. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

There definitely is a difference. The level of clarity goes down and it becomes a bit more of a loud "old man" grunt sounding pitch by the time we move on to TDK & TDKR (especially TDKR). It's like a person becoming senile.

In a way I like it but I can most certainly see the comedic value in "Where's the trigger?" as he takes it so far past parody that it's genius.

5. Batman jr.

Batman jr. Proud Nolanite

His voice in TDKR was perfect for me, but that scene is a bit over the top. He almost does some sort of high pitched scream.

And I never disliked his voice in TDK either, except during's Joker ending monologue.

6. DaRkVeNgeanCe

Ahh to each their own I've compared them and IMO theres not enough difference, its not laughable to me in the least and as I said to each their own.

7. Jaiden Edo

Jaiden Edo Active Member

Bane's got their balls in a vice, that's not a deal.

Wait a second, That actually is pretty funny.

8. Batman jr.

Oh, I don't think it's "laughable" either. But it's just... bizarre.

9. DaRkVeNgeanCe

I can see where some of you are coming from, upon my first viewing when the "wheres the trigger scene" started I was like wow, he hasn't yelled yet the whole film and finally he's doing it, it seemed to come out of nowhere. He has yelled at his adversaries in the first two so I automatically assumed it would happen in the last film, I guess it just didn't catch me off guard because I'm used to Bale's Batman doing it.

10. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

It's funny because he says it like this: where ish it. you'd never give it to an ordinary shhitishen. where ish it. where ish it. tell me where the trigger ish.

11. Batman jr.

And then Psycho ***** steps out of the dark! :argh:

12. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

His yelling would be so much better if he could breathe out of his nose

13. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

Exactly :oldrazz:

14. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

I'll admit, where is the trigger bothered me a little when I first saw TDKR, but then when Bale scaled it back with Tell me where the trigger is, then you have my permission to die I nearly lost it, in a good way.

But upon subsequent viewings, I love the whole where is the trigger moment. It's nowhere near over-the-top like his last scene with the Joker in TDK, because there his voice was way over processed.

15. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

I agree the trigger yelling does sound a bit silly. But I like the primal nature of it. In the sense he's that angry and desperate in the moment he's not really caring what he sounds like. I like this wild side stuff so I'll defend it. :o :oldrazz:

16. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

TBH I was so into that scene that I didn't find anything funny with it in my first viewing. It wasn't until after it was mentioned here and I watched it again that I noticed it. :funny: Also, when he reached the "then you have my permission to die" part, it was already badass IMO.

17. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

I'll take where is the trigger? over this city just showed you....any day of the week.

18. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Opposite for me. This city is music to the ears compared to the trigger line over and over and over....

19. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

lol, really? To each his or her own.

While we are on the subject, I guess it's because it has been discussed/ridiculed to death, but the last few times I have watched TDK, the voice doesn't even bother me during that final scene with the Joker. Heck, I was even saying the dialogue along with Bale; doing my own version of the bat-voice. Then again, I was a little drunk, lol.

20. TheGuy

TheGuy Well-Known Member

Foley: You dumb b****. :hehe:

21. Mace Dolex

Mace Dolex Powerful User

I just realized that Christian Bale's Batman is the only one that's a yeller, Michael Keaton's Batman was more calm but badass that his eyes spoke for themselves and Clooney's Batman was just a pampered lighthearted wimp.

22. Tequilla

Tequilla Well-Known Member

That scene from tdk , "this city blablabla "is the only time where is voice really sounds bad. But if i remember correctly , he actually got hit by something (in the throat ? ) minutes ago , so maybe that's why it sounds a little different.

I've always liked Bale voice. Since Begins , until he crushes Banes tympanums yelling where's the trigger :woot:

23. Jick

Jick Auxiliary Assistant

I didn't notice it on the first time I watched, but seeing the "wheerezz thee triggerrzz" comments over here and watching it again last Sunday, I actually found it funny.

24. Batman jr.

I love the "then YOU have my permission to die" part! :word:

25. nouan

nouan Well-Known Member

"Where's the trigger" and Bale's Batman voice through out really is the embodiment of all that is unintentionally hillarious in otherwise epic movie.

Another funny and O RLY moment is when Bane and Batman meet for the final showdown and Banes asks if Batman came to die with his city. And Batman goes on full captain obvious mode. Really hammy dialogue. It reeks of Goyer, but could also be one of the Nolans, unfortunately. Anyway, here's something funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ5cH1Dh2G0