Unintentionally Funny Moments in The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by 3-D, Jul 30, 2012.

1. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

Yeah, I really wish we had more time on the streets before Batman and Bane finally meet up in the middle of all the warfare. When you think about it, Batman has to take Bane out quickly when he does gain the upper hand. There is just too much at stake.

2. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

Indeed, Jack. Bane was still dominating until Batman got the mask.

3. TheDevilIsMe

TheDevilIsMe Well-Known Member

I do wish that Batman had more of a decent attempt in that fight - seemed like nothing had improved in his tactics against Bane and it showed. It would've been the sewer fight all over again had he not gone for the mask. Batman should've given Bane a better/stronger fight in Round II.

4. Drakepool

Drakepool Well-Known Member

"tellll me wherr thaa trigerrr iss, thenn youu have maaaaaaiiii permisshuunn too dyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!"

5. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

I meant I would've liked to see the suit redesigned still, but with a segmented neck that didn't hug so tightly. Same with the mouth opening.

6. RustyCage

RustyCage Come what may..

I felt like his head was more in the game. He played smarter, looked calmer.

He learned Bane's weakness while healing himself in the pit, so he did bring an edge to the fight.

7. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

We need to look at the fact that Bane was still stronger and faster than Batman as Bruce is still a much older man than in TDK. Even while climbing the Pit whereas Bane couldn't, Bruce could have still been manhandled by Bane but this time around, he acted much more calmer and smarter with his tactics, and he still had to get lucky with his gauntlets even with knowing about Bane's mask and then he went full-on headstrong on Bane once he started to break his mask.

8. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

And symbolically, he had that extra "chi" going for him in the second fight since he truly had found the will to live, something he lacked during the first fight. It helps when you really have something to fight for.

9. Anno_Domini

^ That really adds up to the point I made earlier on why the second fight was much shorter than the first fight too. Batman kept his hits to a minimum to where they can hurt while a Batman that didn't even fear death tried to do whatever he can and while doing such was getting tossed around by Bane in their sewer fight. There are just so many parallels between the two fights and the latter fight being shorter only goes hand to hand, imo, with Batman taking his hits at a minimum and just waiting for the right moments without letting Bane get his hands on him.

10. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

Alright, gotcha.

BB suit still rocks my socks!

11. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

Another parallel I like is when Bane catches Batman's punch during the second fight; Batman actually over powers him and releases himself to actually give Bane a few licks to the chops. And this is about 10 seconds or so before he breaks Bane's mask. That's quite a feet considering Bane was still juiced up. In the first fight Bane catches two of Batman's punches and makes him pay for it.

12. DarthDaveBanner

DarthDaveBanner Well-Known Member

I found it a bit amusing that Gordon's speech consisted of a couple of paragraphs yet his notes were at least 5 pages!

13. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

It is much longer in the script omnibus. More specifics about Dent's rampage.

I noticed that during the first shot of the three tumblers and the mercenaries/army facing off the cops, off to the left you can see what looks like a portly person wearing the same yellow thing hat cop was wearing. Hat cop was League of Shadows all along?

I also noticed the older cop who says "You're in a for a show tonight, son" was with Gordon as they planned the attack on the bomb truck and when he was sentenced.

14. Anno_Domini

Bane was only saying what was really important in Gordon's speech. If Gordon was able to say what he wanted, I bet he would have read something about why he did what he did and etc.

15. Tequilla

Tequilla Well-Known Member

Huge font.

16. FeedOnATreeFrog

FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Batman is his potentially dying state still musters enough strength to give a quip that is not clever at all, showing how delirious and close to death he is.

" '____' ...I guess the knife was too slow"

17. Anno_Domini

Batman isn't meant to give clever quips anyways, BUT...Batman in Nolan's trilogy has been known to "poke fun" at the idealogy and theories of the villains he does face...and it doesn't stop with what he says to Talia.

18. Drakepool

Drakepool Well-Known Member

If Gordon actually did read out that speech, I don't think anyone would feel that betrayed 'cause they'll doze off and forget by the time he got to page 3. :p

19. Anno_Domini

In the TDKR script, there's a bit of a gag on Gordon's speech and the Congressman saying we'd be at the Harvey Dent Day celebration all night if Gordon reads his speech and when he decides not to, the Congressman's line is "Thank God." :funny:

20. braincrusher

braincrusher More than meets my eye

Why not shoot those gauntlet blades into banes eyes? Blind him

21. Anno_Domini

I'm glad we got something different from the gauntlets, such as being so important and cutting off Bane's pipes.

22. Bowie

Bowie Well-Known Member

Easy one:

CRASHING THIS PLANE.

23. Anno_Domini

How was that funny? Bane was courteous enough to answer the CIA guy's question, lol.

24. JaD

JaD Thriller Night

Thinking about it now, it is kind of funny :hehe:

Reminds me of True Lies where Arnold tells the torturer what he's gonna do to him when he's sedated.He can get out of handcuffs too, you know? :funny:

25. Steamie

Steamie New Member

The funniest and most badass moment for me in the movie is when they think theyve got batman cornered and then he pops up with The Bat, but that was intended to be funny..

One of the parts i thought was funny because i laughed due to its stupidity was watching Talia drop dead because of a crash the way she did...That was stupid i admit.

Also when Bane told bruce "peace has mad you weak, victory has defeated you" In his voice and the way he said it was brilliant and made me chuckle at how awesome it was.