Alien: Romulus (2024)

What is that website?

I wonder if they will take a cue from Prey. Take it back to its roots and make it smaller and more intimate.

AVPGalaxy has been around for a long time, but the rumor itself comes from DanielRPK.

I dunno. Fede Alvarez can certainly deliver on blood and gore, but we've seen so many Alien revivals over the last 25 years and very little good has come out of them.

What is this one going to do differently and what is the hook here? At least in Prey, they sort of went back to basics and did something a little different for the Predator franchise.

Covenant was awful. I don't want any new films to include any of the recently introduced lore elements that are beyond stupid and idiotic.

Will this be a prequel or sequel?

Someone said it previously, but this would've been a good, Prey-esque/OG Alien-esque story to do for a movie:

Alien_Isolation.jpg

Man, Alien Isolation is a game I've only played through once and will never play again. It's an amazing game, but it's not fun, if that makes sense. By the final hour of the game, you're running on just pure adrenaline and fear. It's a masterpiece, imo.

Man, Alien Isolation is a game I've only played through once and will never play again. It's an amazing game, but it's not fun, if that makes sense. By the final hour of the game, you're running on just pure adrenaline and fear. It's a masterpiece, imo.

It's a cool experience that definitely captures the vibe of the earlier movies and making you FEEL that isolation and terror of being stalked by the xenomorph. And it captures that late 70s sci-fi aesthetic too.

My only expectation is that the chest burster scene will be insane.

Female heroes? In an Alien movie??

tHeY’Re maKiNg ALiEn woKe!!1! I’m gonna have to wet myself and then yell about this online all day every day for the next 25 years!

Next thing you know they’ll add a kid, probably a little girl who can somehow survive an alien infestation while everyone else dies. Mary Sue Disney!
Then what, you're gonna tell me that the white guy action hero gets injured and sidelined for the final battle? Puh-lease!

In all seriousness, all I ask is that the characters in this aren't as colossally stupid as they were in Prometheus and ESPECIALLY Alien: Covenant. I beg of you. Let the Xenomorphs outsmart the humans, no need for scientists to be stupid and do the work for them.

I thought the show would be on Hulu, but will the movie be too? Jesus, with the exception of Avatar Disney has really crapped on all of Fox's IPs ever since the merger. They pretty much bought a whole studio just for a couple of franchises and the rest can either catch dust in a shelf or be thrown at a streaming platform as scraps. But hey, we'll have Wolverine crossovers (at some point) in the MCU so it was all worth it.

If this ends up being as good as Prey was, I really hope they take another stab at AVP. That franchise deserved so much better and I'm sure we can still get at least one good movie out of it.

There are so many talented horror genre directors out there right now that would be great choices although Scott Derickson, David Bruckner and Leigh Whannel would be my top choices.

bad place, at this point I'd even pay Dan Trachtenberg whatever he wanted to do it.

With the continued success of horror movies on the big screen, I don't understand having the Alien and Predator franchises languishing on Hulu when they can still make a lot of money in theaters.

Fede Alvarez attached gives me all the hope I need for me to feel like this is gonna be fantastic.

Man they're going young for the cast. Didn't realise this was going straight to Hulu but if it's half as good as Prey we will be onto a winner. Alvarez is a damn good horror director also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"