The Winter Soldier Update the outfit for next solo film

They should do a new suit altogether, but more in line with what was in the first movie. The Avengers suit look too "sportsy" and not much like "armor."

^mmmhm

can never please even a majority of the fans
you have the "this costume can't work/looks too cheesy/needs to be more practical" people
and on the other end, the "how could you put the X-men all in black/that minor difference makes him unrecognizable" people

personally, I've grown to trust Marvel's judgement
Not once during Avengers was I thinking "oh his helmet looks awful" or "he really needs a star on his back to finish that outfit"

^mmmhm

can never please even a majority of the fans
you have the "this costume can't work/looks too cheesy/needs to be more practical" people
and on the other end, the "how could you put the X-men all in black/that minor difference makes him unrecognizable" people

personally, I've grown to trust Marvel's judgement
Not once during Avengers was I thinking "oh his helmet looks awful" or "he really needs a star on his back to finish that outfit"
Pretty much this. I imagine they will just tweak it like Thor's look in Dark World and also Thor's sleeveless look in Avengers.

I thought Cap's helmet in TA made him look really doofy. The "expression", if you will, reminds me of this smiley -> :O

The cloth bunching up around his neck along the the "earmuffs", it just really didn't work.

He looked really cool without it though, so I'd be fine if they kept the same basic design as long as the headgear was changed.

I really want the blue on his back to be broken up a bit with hopefully the stripes all the way around.

Uncover his ears, give him a chin-strap, and I'll be happy. TFA costume is still my favorite.

A new artist rendering of Cap's Marvel Now! costume from A+X 4.

Something for you guys to consider.

prv14907_pg3.jpg

I really think this suit is perfect for the films. And if I say to may self, the changing the chin strap and ear guards brown REAAALLY enhances the look.

This suit really works as a hybrid of the patriotic, symbolic Avengers look and the utilitarian CA: TFA look.

Last edited:
I really like that look too. Totally acceptable for the movie costume, with some minor adjustments.

Ya know, for the movie, I guess that look would be cool
Nice mix of the classic and practical.

But still, in context of the comics

I f****** HATE that costume, with more than a bit of passion

prv14907_pg3.jpg

I really think this suit is perfect for the films. And if I say to may self, the changing the chin strap and ear guards brown REAAALLY enhances the look.

This suit really works as a hybrid of the patriotic, symbolic Avengers look and the utilitarian CA: TFA look.

I dunno maybe. I liked that they incorporated the chain mail and the 3D wings. However, the chin strap IMHO still doesn't work. It clashes with the rest of the costume and just looks awkward. Like you have primary clors and then just this . . . brown chinstrap. Don't dig it.

I thought Cap's helmet in TA made him look really doofy. The "expression", if you will, reminds me of this smiley -> :O

The cloth bunching up around his neck along the the "earmuffs", it just really didn't work.

He looked really cool without it though, so I'd be fine if they kept the same basic design as long as the headgear was changed.

Nicely said. I agree

The ear muffs were there in First Avenger as well. Not to mention it was a constricting suit that you couldn't do many fights or stunt scenes in.

I dunno maybe. I liked that they incorporated the chain mail and the 3D wings. However, the chin strap IMHO still doesn't work. It clashes with the rest of the costume and just looks awkward. Like you have primary clors and then just this . . . brown chinstrap. Don't dig it.

I honestly didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Even now, I still think it's barely noticeable.

i want them to update the suit and make it more rugged with darker colors. And I actually want them to give him his metal wings on the sides of his mask. Let the wings be shield radio com link. So they can communicate with him via radio frequencies.

that will part of the new suit.

prv14907_pg3.jpg

I like that. Maybe even the scales.

I think I need help guys...
I can't figure out why it is I have such an irrational hatred of that new MarvelNOW suit in the comics
haven't even been able to get myself to read anything with Cap in the new suit, even though I really want to read Hickman's Avengers, I just can't do it.

My name's boredguy, and I have a problem

For me, I think it's because it's just a mish-mosh of artists trying to make every vocal, upset fan happy. There's no uniformity. For Cap, trying to incorporate movie elements with the comics elements of his costume just doesn't give his costume that "natural" flow. Someone should just be stern with what they feel is best and then fans can pick it apart after since it's gonna happen regardless.

I've been reading MARVEL NOW Cap and though romita jr. isn't my favorite artist is take on the new suit is by far my favorite. He simplifies a lot of the busier details and it ends of looking like cap's original costume from a distance with the added things up close.

cap1ar.jpg

hopefully there's more to that last variant cover, than just Meinerding being the artist

Im sure this has been brought up before but if they need to explain how he gets a new suit they should have Tony send it to him as a gift or something. Would be a nice little connection between him and his dad as well as being a nice quick explanation.

I dont think an explanation with the suit is even needed. I think the audience would accept a different costume in the same way that they assume Iron Man will have new armor for every movie - just as IM upgrades his armor, Cap is constantly being provided with upgraded costumes/outfits which are improvements on each of their predecessors but may change a bit stylistically.

Can you imagine how many costumes there would be if Wasp were part of the Avengers MU NOW?

Ha, there would be a fair amount, to be sure. Easy to store though - just shrink 'em down first and have a walk in wardrobe that's the same size as a box of cigarette's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"