The Winter Soldier Update the outfit for next solo film

Not to be "that guy" but you do know its spelled Rogers, there is no D.

lol, yep. That's what happen when I type too fast. I always make that mistake because I have relatives that are Rodgers with the D.

And if you look back in the posts I used both spellings ... again.. typing too fast... I hope the point is clear from my end though.

Still, you gotta appreciate the irony of someone posting about how much they know about a character, yet they dont even spell that characters name right. Should be one of those fundamental things, eh?

;) :D

But yeah, your point is clear.

Still, you gotta appreciate the irony of someone posting about how much they know about a character, yet they dont even spell that characters name right. Should be one of those fundamental things, eh?

;) :D

But yeah, your point is clear.

Nah, spelling errors are spelling errors, we all do them. :)

Came up with this, basic thing we have, just a few "minor adjustments"
Captain_TWS.jpg

I like it! Very nice blend of the TFA and Avengers outfit. A few tweaks I would do here and there to modernize that blend but as a starting point, I like it.

Hopefully the costume folks at Marvel Studios are on the same wavelength.

The white stripes make his upper body look wider. Which might not seem like a problem, but it would probably make his legs look even narrower, by comparison.

The white stripes make his upper body look wider. Which might not seem like a problem, but it would probably make his legs look even narrower, by comparison.
While not noticeable in the illustration, I could easily see that happening in the real-life version.

I think he needs a more durable, bullet proof costume...like the batman suit. Then it isn't a hokey costume anymore....it's safety gear. You don't have to made it look like iron Man's suit...but you could clearly make it seem like it can adsorb bullets.

I know we won't get this ...but I love it. Though this particular guy needs slighlty bulkier arms. I found it on zbrush, not my work.
uGEF40H.jpg

I think he needs a more durable, bullet proof costume...like the batman suit. Then it isn't a hokey costume anymore....it's safety gear. You don't have to made it look like iron Man's suit...but you could clearly make it seem like it can adsorb bullets.

I don't think that's really direly necessary, especially given that Cap could get shot by high tech alien energy weapons and largely just be winded and wincing.

Then the movie would be called "Steve Rodgers: Winter Soldier" and not Captain America... No, they should not take Captain America's suit away from him in a Captain America movie. That would make zero sense.

This is a Captain America movie. He should be wearing his Captain America costume. I'm not sure why this is even really debatable.

this. this

was not a fan of cap's costume in the avengers. needs a complete redo. he looked dorky in the helmet.

was not a fan of cap's costume in the avengers. needs a complete redo. he looked dorky in the helmet.
The Avengers uniform is good but it just needs some work in certain areas. Biggest area is definitely the helmet/cowl, but it's also the most difficult area to work on. They want to get the cloth look and smooth surface of the comics, but real-life physics and fabrics don't really allow for that. Only way to get a symmetrical, smooth surface is a helmet and the one they used just stood out too much from the cloth. Really think we'll see a major redesign there and probably with the star/stripes around the midsection and back.

Luíz;25465173 said:

Nice art style, but the costume looks a bit silly to me. It looks like it's a scaly Batman costume with some trousers slapped on. The red and whit stripes look like a corset and the star looks like it was a car's hood ornament in a past life.

Came up with this, basic thing we have, just a few "minor adjustments"
Captain_TWS.jpg

This is perfect, IMHO. I seriously hope we get something along these lines.
Also, if Evans doesn't bulk up too much, this will be much easier to pad believably.

Scales and buccaneer boots are ridiculous. There's no way of having those look good on film and that's a fact, not an opinion. The honeycomb look could work, but actual scales? Stupid.

This is a Captain America movie. He should be wearing his Captain America costume. I'm not sure why this is even really debatable.

This.
Anything other than a Cap suit won't suffice. Bottom line.

So, no one is a fan of that zbrushed suit I posted above?

Scales and buccaneer boots are ridiculous. There's no way of having those look good on film and that's a fact, not an opinion. The honeycomb look could work, but actual scales? Stupid.

I don't like scales either, but a fact? Get outta here.

This.
Anything other than a Cap suit won't suffice. Bottom line.

It makes a tremendous amount of sense to Cap to be dressed in his comic-book styled suit when leading others into battle. He is meant to be a symbol of inspiration, and was to the Howling Commandos in TFA and to the members of SHIELD (Coulson in particular) in the Avengers.

However, it doesn't make a bit of sense for Cap to don his highly stylized battle suit when on a secret-agent mission, and could very likely make him look silly. As in TFA, we'll likely see Cap in a variety of outfits - Civilian garb as in the concept art, a super-soldier type SHIELD outfit, and the full red, white and blue costume for the final battle.

wow, the *****ers are really comin out this week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"