The Winter Soldier Update the outfit for next solo film

Yeah well that was what the suit was supposed to look like^^
back when the promo art for avengers was leaked, thats how he looked

Basically it's the TA suit with stripes around back, more white on the arms, and a much better mask/cowl. I guess it's possible that while trying to sculpt that mask, they just found it was too difficult to get it to move right, or maybe he had a batman "cant move his neck" problem, idk...

Also had a star on his back. The final version did not.

Captain America's updated WWII costume for The Winter Soldier is excellent.

Should they stick with that or the Stealth suit and not change it for any more movies?

I'm not crazy about the stealth suit, but at least it's got exposed ears.

I still don't understand why everyone wants him to have exposed ears. Yeah, I know he has them in the comic, and it looks stupid there too.

The ear covers look stupid. The exposed ears are part of the iconic look.

Look at your avatar. It's RoboCop from the remake in an armor set evocative of the original. The visor and helmet with the thin single eye lens going across the front are iconic parts of that character.

One thing that has not really been addressed is - what if the suit seen / used in the museum is the first prototype suit that Cap wore and the one seen at the end of CATFA was the update, not the other way around.

This would explain why it's on display, and looks different. It also matches the USO suit (3 strips, star on back) and would be a more natural progression.

Cap decides it needs to be more utilitarian to suit his needs so changes the strips into straps and the shoulder padding into more of a harness. Ears get covered to reduce noise in battle.

As for what we will see next - an update on the Avengers suit, with a bit modern comic book thrown in.

Look at your avatar. It's RoboCop from the remake in an armor set evocative of the original. The visor and helmet with the thin single eye lens going across the front are iconic parts of that character.

That's the initial prototype Armour in the movie. It then goes to all black (dumb move)

I understand all that, it just seems so impractical. Why does Cap risk letting his ears get exposed to gunfire and God knows what else when he goes into battle?

^well then, why does every other superhero risk it??
Why don't all superheroes just run into battle with earmuffs and full kevlar on?
Should Cap be the only wuss runnin around like "owwie my ears!"?

See that's why I don't like the military looks for cap, because then it becomes all about explaining the practicality and function of every bit of his suit.

I maintain that Cap should never be more armored up than Hawkeye or Black Widow, or any other non-invulnerable superhero

Last edited:
^well then, why does every other superhero risk it??
Why don't all superheroes just run into battle with earmuffs and full kevlar on?
Should Cap be the only wuss runnin around like "owwie my ears!"?

See that's why I don't like the military looks for cap, because then it becomes all about explaining the practicality and function of every bit of his suit.

I maintain that Cap should never be more armored up than Hawkeye or Black Widow, or any other non-invulnerable superhero

Haha, that's true... why IS Cap more armored up than Hawkeye and Black Widow, when HE is the one who has super powers?

I understand all that, it just seems so impractical. Why does Cap risk letting his ears get exposed to gunfire and God knows what else when he goes into battle?

Is it any less impractical than leaving his mouth and part of his face exposed, as well as his eyes? Why not have lenses?

Hawkeye and Black Widow aren't wearing maks or helmets, so all their stuff is exposed as well.

yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I said

you just Shia-ed me vile!
lol

Sorry BoredGuy. Maybe great minds just do think alike.

Is it any less impractical than leaving his mouth and part of his face exposed, as well as his eyes? Why not have lenses?

Hawkeye and Black Widow aren't wearing maks or helmets, so all their stuff is exposed as well.

Hawkeye & BW are the pretty expendable compared to the main three though. Cap is the star player, so he needs to be better protected, especially since he IS the one with super powers, not invulnerability. Plus, look at how sports helmets are made. The only constant in them are covering the head and ears.

Sure, there are exceptions with some sports requiring visors and/or mouth guards but for the most part, athletes or anybody trying to be agile in a uniform don't want to be in a scuba helmet.

Haha, that's true... why IS Cap more armored up than Hawkeye and Black Widow, when HE is the one who has super powers?

Best explanation that comes to mind: his job is to be the vanguard. To attack first, draw fire, and otherwise get most of the aggro. Thus, he needs every bit of extra protection he can get. Given his strength and endurance, this can be a fair bit without actually slowing him down.

Hawkeye and Black Widow, by contrast, are supposed to *avoid* attention where possible. Sneak, strike from surprise or distance, expose themselves as little as possible. For them, the best tradeoff involves much less armor, as they can't afford the loss of speed and maneuverability.

Best explanation that comes to mind: his job is to be the vanguard. To attack first, draw fire, and otherwise get most of the aggro. Thus, he needs every bit of extra protection he can get. Given his strength and endurance, this can be a fair bit without actually slowing him down.

Hawkeye and Black Widow, by contrast, are supposed to *avoid* attention where possible. Sneak, strike from surprise or distance, expose themselves as little as possible. For them, the best tradeoff involves much less armor, as they can't afford the loss of speed and maneuverability.
True. Cap is expected to jump in to the fire so to speak.

This is what I wish the Marvel Cinematic Universe Cap costume had looked like.
capam6largeusewwii.jpg

Manip by Cass.

How about this for Cap in Avengers: Age Of Ultron?

Why does Cap look like one of those flamboyant French royalty paintings from the late middle ages? Cap's got a look that screams of concern for the right shade of makeup.

Part of me really hopes they keep the CA: TWS uniform in AOU, I'm really starting to get sick of heroes changing costumes each film. The only hero that really makes works for to me is Tony Stark.

images

captain_america_by_daa_truth-d6cd81q.jpg

I really want to see them pull off the chainmail look for AoU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"