The Winter Soldier Update the outfit for next solo film

I don't see why not. Marvel has been pretty damn comic accurate with it's character designs thus far. I see no reason why they couldn't pull off the chainmail. It would be a fresh update for AoU.

I can see plenty of reason why they couldn't pull off the chain mail. Mainly having to do with the fact that chain mail doesn't look like that in real life, and doesn't move like it either. Marvel has been damn good with its character designs, in large part because they have a good sense for what can work in live action and what can't.

Other than Cap going to Asgard and Thor/Odin giving him similar chainmail armor that Thor wears, I don't need Marvel to force movie Cap to wear it.

I wonder if we'll have another shield throw close up to match The First Avenger & The Avengers in The Winter Soldier
tumblr_mr3kn2hfqg1rlwq03o2_500.gif

Cap_shield_throw.gif

http://fyeahcapamerica.tumblr.com/archive

Last edited:
I can see plenty of reason why they couldn't pull off the chain mail. Mainly having to do with the fact that chain mail doesn't look like that in real life, and doesn't move like it either. Marvel has been damn good with its character designs, in large part because they have a good sense for what can work in live action and what can't.

I disagree. They don't have to use actual chainmail to pull off the look. Superman's suit in MoS not only pulled off a chainmail look, but actually was one of the best superhero suits in any film thus far...So I definitely disagree with your notion of what works and what does not in live action.

IMO, this

comic-con-man-of-steel-header.jpg

is a far superior (and more accurate, iconic look for Cap) than this cloth stuff.

chris-evans-on-captain-americas-avengers-costume-change-67484-400-80.jpg

He doesn't need the chain mail. There's no reason for him to wear it. His TWS costume works just fine.

I agree, he doesn't NEED it and I love the costumes in TWS. But Marvel has a track record of updating costumes for every outing for every character, and I think introducing the chainmail would be a nice direction.

Also, there are a lot of people ( myself included ) who think the texture of the costumes in Superman is eh, at best.

A "lot of people"? I highly doubt that...it seems like the vast, vast majority of people love the MoS suit...

It probably seems odd, but my favorite MCU Captain America costume so far is the one he wore during the USO scenes in TFA.

I liked how it looked with the jacket and helmet. His rescue outfit was great imo.

Why do so many fans on here seem to dislike Cap's Avengers suit? I thought it was pretty cool, ok so the helmet could have been better. For AOU I'd take the Cap suit from Avengers with TWS Helmet.

Why do so many fans on here seem to dislike Cap's Avengers suit? I thought it was pretty cool, ok so the helmet could have been better. For AOU I'd take the Cap suit from Avengers with TWS Helmet.
Main problems with it were:
-Material looked rather cheap and not durable, especially the pants
-Pants had zipper detailing on the thighs that served no purpose, other than to add silver on that part of the uniform
-Cloth neck cowl and plastic helmet with no exposed ears just didn't go well together
-Back of uniform was too plain, as a continuation of the red/white stripes and a star on the back would have broken up the pajama-looking backside
-Boots made his calfs look huge compared to his thighs

To me if they had gone with this version and continued with some of my suggestions for the back of the uniform, it would have looked pretty good:
Captain-America-Avengers-Movie.jpg

Last edited:
-Pants had zipper detailing on the thighs that served no purpose, other than to add silver on that part of the uniform
-Cloth neck cowl and plastic helmet with no exposed ears just didn't go well together
-Back of uniform was too plain, as a continuation of the red/white stripes and a star on the back would have broken up the pajama-looking backside

To me if they had gone with this version and continued with some of my suggestions for the back of the uniform, it would have looked pretty good:

Ok that looks awesome, something like would be great in AOU.

I feel like this is basically what we got in Avengers. Except for the ear openings of course. But we got that. The execution was flawed. The cowl looked off, and the neck area was far too loose. And Evans, to me, was much thinner in Avengers than in CATFA. Which didn't help the overall look of the suit. Evans build in Winter Soldier seems to have improved, that plus a lightly padded suit helps. Use the Winter Soldier suit and fit as a template for a Age of Ultron suit.

Captain_america_Wall_by_soul_concept.png

kit-scalevest.jpg

chris-evans-as-captain-america.jpg

The design they where going for was great its just the execution was off. It was just one of those thing where it could of been better but it still worked on screen. It liked the Avengers suit more than the First Avengers suit but I would admit that the First Avengers suit was made better.

Last edited:
I know it's unlikely, but part of me hopes Cap just uses his TWS suit in AOU and Cap 3. Cap's TWS suit just looks AWESOME!
9RMsZyz.jpg

VmnDSOn.jpg

I know it's unlikely, but part of me hopes Cap just uses his TWS suit in AOU and Cap 3. Cap's TWS suit just looks AWESOME!
9RMsZyz.jpg

VmnDSOn.jpg

I agree, Just throw in some red and its terrific for a Age of Ultron suit. The helmet, to the fit, and the padding in the right areas. I looks terrific on Evans. :up:

I rewatched TFA the other day, and it reminded me how awesome this suit was.
d4nGDJ1.jpg

Cap doesn't wear "chainmail", his classic costume is actually "scale mail" more or less.

So far they've revealed that Cap will have something similar to his Marvel Now outfit in Age of Ultron, I'm assuming they'll just do a variation on that for Cap 3. Who knows though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"