The Amazing Spider-Man *Update* Your Rating for TASM

I don't think my view has really changed. I've always sai around a 7. If the film ended with the POV shot after Peter makes his costume, it would probably be an 8-9.

I don't think my view has really changed. I've always sai around a 7. If the film ended with the POV shot after Peter makes his costume, it would probably be an 8-9.

One scene would change your opinion of an entire movie?

One scene would change your opinion of an entire movie?
No. If the film ENDED with Peter finally becoming Spidey, and they left out the Lizard crap, it woulda been a 9. A short film, but a 9. I didn't like the second half of ASM TBH.

If anything, I wish there was more of the Lizard in the movie.

The rating I still give is 9/10.

It's such a good film thanks to very well written characters and acting and some really really good spidey moments. Watched it again the other night. Still loving it :)

If the Lizard was written better I would give it a 9 or 9.5/10

It goes down after comparing it to Avengers.

Then I don't think its really a fair critique if its solely based on comparison. The Avengers was really fun, and I did love it (its #3 on my top CBM list), but I certainly do think it was overrated. A movie full of plot holes, coincidences, and a cliche story of aliens destroying New York City. Never seen that before, huh? ;)

I think the only movie TASM should be compared to is SM1, since both tell Spider-Man's origin story.

Then I don't think its really a fair critique if its solely based on comparison. The Avengers was really fun, and I did love it (its #3 on my top CBM list), but I certainly do think it was overrated. A movie full of plot holes, coincidences, and a cliche story of aliens destroying New York City. Never seen that before, huh? ;)

I think the only movie TASM should be compared to is SM1, since both tell Spider-Man's origin story.
I'm not a pro-critic. I just know that out of the two, Avengers was a far superior film.

I'm not a pro-critic. I just know that out of the two, Avengers was a far superior film.

I just don't think its a good way of rating films IMO. It has nothing to do with being a professional critic either. I could easily say that if you compare the Avengers to The Godfather, Aliens, Star Wars, etc, its a far inferior movie. The problem is that you can make a movie look a lot better or worse just by comparing. You could rate it however you want to, I'm just sharing as to why I don't personally like to rate based on comparison.

Last edited:
I think I gave it an 8.5, the first time.
That's still what it is, to me. It's a movie that tried to be something but ended up being another. Like I said before, the Untold Story is still untold.

I just don't think its a good way of rating films IMO. It has nothing to do with being a professional critic either. I could easily say that if you compare the Avengers to The Godfather, Aliens, Star Wars, etc, its a far inferior movie. The problem is that you can make a movie look a lot better or worse just by comparing. You could rate it however you want to, I'm just sharing as to why I don't personally like to rate based on comparison.
I compare them because they are both comic book films. I think that's a fair way to look at it. Avengers, in my opinion, was a better comic book movie.

I think I gave it an 8.5, the first time.
That's still what it is, to me. It's a movie that tried to be something but ended up being another. Like I said before, the Untold Story is still untold.

I still see it as "The Untold Story Begins."

I compare them because they are both comic book films. I think that's a fair way to look at it. Avengers, in my opinion, was a better comic book movie.

To each his own.

A few posters did say "The Untold Story Begins." I think Sony was just trying their best to convince people to see the movie, since there were so many people against the reboot. I'm still proud of what this film accomplished considering how much was going against it.

I'm sticking to my original 7.8, even if on second view it turned 9 for a brief time
But for the poll I chose a 7-7.5

I think I had my rating at 9 once, but then I went back and forth between 8 and 8.5.

Talking about a film "going down", I find TAS-M to be the only CBM of this year that I have seen that actually went down. Avengers stayed up, TDKR stayed up...even Men in Black III stayed at the original rating I gave it(6/10). TAS-M didn't go down a whole lot, but going from 7 to 6...that shows how I became to acknowledge how much I didn't enjoy the film after the second viewing.

Still hope for the best though. If I only own Spider-Man 2 right now(even though I will probably be picking up the '02 film pretty soon), I can always just own TAS-M 2 if it's a much better film. I hope it's the case, because by the second film, the writers could do a better job at developing a villain this time around and have their eggs in a row in realizing what they want to do this time with Richard Parker's storyline or even keep minor characters around this time that won't disappear.

I had the Avengers up at 9.5 originally, but I brought it down to a 9. After watching it a few times on blu-ray, I found the film to be really fun, but not as impressive when on the small screen. Also think the movie was overrated big time.

TDKR is currently an 8.5, but I am thinking of bringing it down to an 8. I've only seen it twice in theaters, so I'm waiting to re-watch on blu-ray before I decide.

Talking about a film "going down", I find TAS-M to be the only CBM of this year that I have seen that actually went down. Avengers stayed up, TDKR stayed up...even Men in Black III stayed at the original rating I gave it(6/10). TAS-M didn't go down a whole lot, but going from 7 to 6...that shows how I became to acknowledge how much I didn't enjoy the film after the second viewing.

hahaha

got better- I voted 9.

I had the Avengers up at 9.5 originally, but I brought it down to a 9. After watching it a few times on blu-ray, I found the film to be really fun, but not as impressive when on the small screen. Also think the movie was overrated big time.

TDKR is currently an 8.5, but I am thinking of bringing it down to an 8. I've only seen it twice in theaters, so I'm waiting to re-watch on blu-ray before I decide.

I honestly thought my view of both Avengers and TDKR would have gone down as well, but for so many times after seeing them more and more, they haven't, which pleases me. In fact, the two have become my two favorite CBMs as well.

Yes?

I thought that is a very entertaining film, and a pretty good one
What's your score for the second MIB film?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"