The Amazing Spider-Man *Update* Your Rating for TASM

I'm glad ASM didnt adapt too much from Ultimate. The larger Uncle Ben role is great, the younger characters (Pete/May/Flash) are fine. But I'm glad we got to see Gwen be the first main love interest rather than MJ. I'll be happy if Goblin isn't essentially the Hulk with fireballs. I'd prefer to see the alien symbiote done well over the cancer suit.

I don't think we'll get the Goblin "Hulk," as I'm sure they realize how much fans despise him. ALSO, that would mean getting yet another CGI monster for a villain. I think we'll get a Green Goblin that uses the good ol' fashioned glider.

I'm glad ASM didnt adapt too much from Ultimate. The larger Uncle Ben role is great, the younger characters (Pete/May/Flash) are fine. But I'm glad we got to see Gwen be the first main love interest rather than MJ. I'll be happy if Goblin isn't essentially the Hulk with fireballs. I'd prefer to see the alien symbiote done well over the cancer suit.

I want to see the cancer suit, it will be easier to translate onto the big screen.

It also ties into the parents storyline, and finding a cure for Norman.

From 7.5 to 6.5.

I liked it just fine the first time, but when I got it on DVD, the flaws just jumped at me like a 3D effect.

That's what the 3D is for in TAS-M too...to push the flaws right in front of you, lol.

First Theater Viewing: 9/10
IMAX Viewing: 100/10 i mean 10/10

Balanced out- 9.35

[YT]di2Qy5erfik[/YT]
Cheesy , stupid whatever but still awesome :)

Last edited:
:up:

"But those are the best kind"

*Gwen smiles*
Can't wait to see the impact of that statement later on...

104307-117910-gwen-stacy_super.jpg

Oh geez, lol.

Yeah that's kind of harsh.

What, too much? :oldrazz:

I used to think it was better, but now I think it's about the same as the original Spider-Man. They both had flaws, it's just that this movie got the characterization better so the flaws were easier to overlook.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuR9pynvSXA&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Forget everything I just said. This movie is amazing.

One of the worst scenes I have ever seen in a CBM. Such a poor ending and showed that Peter learned zilch in TAS-M. But, at least there is some hope to redeem such an awful scene with Gwen getting herself into trouble by a certain green fella.

[YT]di2Qy5erfik[/YT]
Cheesy , stupid whatever but still awesome :)

Yah...

Can't wait to see the impact of that statement later on...

104307-117910-gwen-stacy_super.jpg

Peter: "So, those aren't the best kind...well ****."

is still as cheesy as painting a gasoline bat on a bridge or stupid that a normal man can´t walk on thin ice but a person in an armor can..... or surviving to a nuclear bomb in the last minute yah, :funny:
and still is awesome, because every Comic Book movie has a little cheesy

and please tell me why do you think Peter and Gwen is a bad scene?

Last edited:
What, too much? :oldrazz:

One of the worst scenes I have ever seen in a CBM. Such a poor ending and showed that Peter learned zilch in TAS-M. But, at least there is some hope to redeem such an awful scene with Gwen getting herself into trouble by a certain green fella.

Yah...

Peter: "So, those aren't the best kind...well ****."

Have you ever even met a high school kid? That's how a lot of them are. And just because you don't like his decision making doesn't make it a crappy scene. I would like to request that you watch Catwoman or Batman and Robin, or (Bless your soul if you do this) even Ang Lee's Hulk. if that scene was terrible then I want to see what word you use for those movies.

Wow our opinions really differ Anno haha! I find the scene with Gwen at Peter's door step to be one of my favourites!

Wow our opinions really differ Anno haha! I find the scene with Gwen at Peter's door step to be one of my favourites!

I agree with you. Btw who is that in your avatar? I know I've seen her somewhere.

The beautiful Elisha Cuthbert! :)

Ahh I love her! Don't know how I didn't recognize her! She's awesome on Happy Endings, and plus she's one of those actresses confident enough to rock short hair. Which to me makes her even more beautiful, brings out her eyes or somethin.

p_pixie_hair_p07.jpg

Ahh I love her! Don't know how I didn't recognize her! She's awesome on Happy Endings, and plus she's one of those actresses confident enough to rock short hair. Which to me makes her even more beautiful, brings out her eyes or somethin.

p_pixie_hair_p07.jpg

Yeah she's the most beautiful actress that I know of. She reminds me very, very much of a girl here in my town that I like!

Elisha is awesome in Happy Endings indeed! The main reason I watch that show! There's also something about her voice that I love!

About a 7. Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Martin Sheen were great. But the plot was a very weak retread of SM1 where they did too much arbitrarily different (and often inferior) as they hit the same story beats which also made Peter unintentionally selfish at times. And while the Lizard is a favorite and I appreciate seeing him on screen, both the visual interpretation and underwritten screenplay leave a lot to be desired with the character's full potential. Still, a better movie than a lot in the genre.

About a 7. Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Martin Sheen were great. But the plot was a very weak retread of SM1 where they did too much arbitrarily different (and often inferior) as they hit the same story beats which also made Peter unintentionally selfish at times. And while the Lizard is a favorite and I appreciate seeing him on screen, both the visual interpretation and underwritten screenplay leave a lot to be desired with the character's full potential. Still, a better movie than a lot in the genre.

hope it changes with the new writters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"