The Dark Knight Upper Midwestern States Dentmobile (IN, MI, MN, OH, WI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, NO DENTMOBILE.

Big fat hairy disappointment. Been looking forward to this all week.

To the Dentmobile folk:
We braved the weather to be there... why couldn't you?

We could have at least gotten a phone message this morning to let us know we shouldn't wait out in the cold for all that time.

So far, there's no update to the IBIHD site about any rescheduling like Philly is getting...

Let me add to the frustration of the Minneapolis group after the Dentmobile no-show.

Where do I start?

About a week and a half of planning and organizing 10 friends and acquaintances to gather over at the Mall Of America for the ""apparent" Dentmobile stop that was "supposed to" happen at 12 noon. We had plans to film a news reporter bit at the rally requiring extra equipment, wardrobe, and people to do the filming, etc. In the group there were only a couple of us that had any knowledge of the entire Viral Campaign. The rest were just sacrificing their time and talents to help out with the cause. One guy needed to get a sitter for his child so he and his wife could help. Another guy was spending his FIRST day off since Christmas to help out. Others sacrificed work time.

First off, horrible planning on the side of 42 Entertainment. The Mall of America is roughly the size of Rhode Island with multiple entrances on all sides. Specifying WHICH entrance or where IN the mall would have been helpful. So we wouldn't miss them, we had vehicles stationed at entrances on all sides of the mall with a few people walking inside to make sure they weren't already there. We even had a few guys that stood outside in Blizzard-like conditions watching cars for over an hour, hoping to see the Dentmobile pulling in.

Oh yeah, the blizzard. That 42 was not responsible for, but for reasons I will later discuss, I will blame them for sending us out there in the weather. We received out 6 inches of snow. Sure, that's not going to close schools or anything, but when you have people driving from as far as an hour and a half away, that can be quite a significant factor, especially when half your party isn't exactly the biggest Bat-fans and they're only driving across town through this stuff to help you out.

So anyway, We're all waiting, communicating on our cells for over an hour. No one has seen anything. No van, no Dent stuff, no nothing. We decide to head in the mall and group together.

A friend spots some dude wearing a Harvey Dent button and asks him where he got it. Apparently one the sales clerks in Hot Topic gave him one. I'm thinking, "What? Hot Topic is selling Harvey Dent buttons?!?! Why didn't someone tell me?!?!"

We rush over to Hot Topic and talk to the guy in the store where we get thrown the worst news we've heard all day. He says there were two or three guys handing this stuff out LAST SATURDAY. They had Harvey t-shirts, buttons, stickers, etc. They apparently dumped a bunch of stuff off at Hot Topic and they've been handing it out all week. I'm thinking, "Is this some messed up dream? Because I have nightmares like this...except I've usually forgot to put on my pants or something."

No, pants are on, I'm definitely awake. I'm thinking "What you just said isn't possible, because even since the Dentmobile dates went up on the site, it was clearly stated that they would be arriving on FRIDAY THE 21st!" That would have been Saturday, the 15th. I wouldn't have believed him, yet there he was, telling me this, the Dentmobile hadn't shown up, and a bit earlier he gave some guy a Harvey Dent button.

So for a while my positive side of my brain was telling me, "Well, maybe they made a surprise visit early and they plan to come at the scheduled time also...which has been delayed slightly because of the weather." Then I came to my senses and realized it was now almost 1pm, the Dentmobile wasn't here, and apparently all their swag was already handed out, so no reason for them to come back.

We ran into a few others in the mall that were waiting for the Dentmobile as well, I gave them my bad news. During on conversation a guy told us his friend had seen the Dentmobile on the highway last Saturday, hmm...

Our group decided since we had all sacrificed our time and brought equipment to film, we might as well do something. So we took a few pictures with our homemade signs and filmed a small bit about "looking for Harvey Dent". Hopefully, they will be seen on the site soon.

We went to the second location, which was 3 hours after the first non-stop. More people waiting, about 25-27, and all were disappointed with another no-show. We didn't bother going to the third stop since it was apparent the Dentmobile was not showing up. It was friggin' cold, and we had already WASTED OUR ENTIRE DAY!

So can someone tell me, HOW DOES A COMPANY MESS UP SOMETHING SO BADLY?!?!!?!?!

I mean, FRIDAY THE 21st and SATURDAY THE 15TH, how could you mistake one for the other? They weren’t even an exact week apart!!!
If, in fact, they did show up last Saturday, wouldn't they have wondered why NO ONE was there to greet them? Didn't someone think, "Gee, maybe we should check the website to make sure we're doing this on the right day?" They apparently made three stops in the local area throughout that day (hasn't been confirmed, but that was the schedule). After they got to the second location, and no one was there, wouldn't that tip you off that something was wrong?

Not to mention they would have had a week to notify us that they had goofed. That's why I blame them for the weather. In all that time, you're telling me NO ONE realized their mistake so we could be informed NOT to trudge across town in the blizzard because they weren't going to be there?

WTF!!!!:cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

I'm going to find some contact info for 42 Entertainment, I NEED to let them know about this.

I just submitted this with a description mentioning our waiting out in the cold for a Dentmobile that never showed up.

believed.jpg

:csad:

My photo was posted.

I got the acceptance email with the P.S. at the bottom like the folks from Philly received:

"PS: Please accept our sincere apologies for the Dentmobile's technical difficulties in your town. We'll be sending you something for your trouble."

How many Dentmobiles are there? I saw that Missouri had stops the same day as ours. But also, Philly's revisit was on the 21st, when a van should have been here...

All right, I'll stop trying to figure it out now.

Hopefully they do send me some sweet free stuff. :meanie:

My photo was posted.

I got the acceptance email with the P.S. at the bottom like the folks from Philly received:

"PS: Please accept our sincere apologies for the Dentmobile's technical difficulties in your town. We'll be sending you something for your trouble."

Nice to hear you'll be getting SOMETHING!

I submitted our group photo from the MOA with an explanation of what happened. It was accepted, but I didn't receive any P.S. in my acceptance email. :csad:

I really wanted one of those t-shirts!

Nice to hear you'll be getting SOMETHING!

I submitted our group photo from the MOA with an explanation of what happened. It was accepted, but I didn't receive any P.S. in my acceptance email. :csad:

I really wanted one of those t-shirts!

I'd strongly suggest trying again. I saw on the Philly thread that it took some people two tries submitting to get the email back with the postscript.

I've been lurking here for awhile, and I just wanted to mention that I went to the Ann Arbor meeting site thingies. The one in Briarwood I wasn't able to find, because we were told that they would not be allowed on the premesis (sp?), but me and a friend made the other two meeting sites. Here's a vid that my friend made of our trip, if anyone is interested. Apologies if this isn't the right place for this.

Nice work, Bookster; Real dedication to the cause. :D :up:
That blizzard looked pretty intense. :eek:

You should send that into the Dent website before the submission deadline. You probably could score some good merchandise or, in the least, get a ranking for the video and a registration card.

Welcome to the Hype.

Thanks! It wasn't all that bad. I normally don't mind snow. I kinda like bad weather, and I think snow is pretty. The only problem was that none of us knew it was going to snow, so we weren't dressed warm enough. It started off fairly light. It wasn't really until we were driving in the end of the vid that it got bad. You can probably see in that part that the rear window is covered in snow. That's mostly because I'm very proud of my rear defroster, and was too lazy to get out and wipe the snow off.

I would send the vid in, but my friend who did the taping (it's her camera) has already said she's going to. I was going to use the banners I got from the rally to decorate my car, take a picture, and send that in. Thankees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"