URGENT DVD question- Can they survive cold weather, be frozen, etc?

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Rez, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Rez Registered

I want to surprise someone by burying some DVDs in the snow and have them stumble into them during a snowball fight and other activities tomorrow morning. Is this possible to do without screwing up the DVDs? They won't be wet as they'll be in plastic, possibly in bags and or wrapping paper. So basically my question is, can DVDs survive extremely cold weather and still work?

2. Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

Good question, i would think that since cd's survive in the cold climates in cars and still work that the same would be with DVD's just make sure you bring them in and warm them up a bit and have the person not open it outside cause it may just be extra fragile due to the cold.

3. bullets bang bang

ive left them in the car on cold nights .. freezing cold nights and have not encountered any issues.

4. TNC9852002 Banned User

Yeah...It's not the cold that you have to worry about...It's the heat.

-TNC