USA's Suits - Part 1

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/suits/theshow/overview.html

Even the best lawyer in New York City can use some help.

While running from a drug deal gone bad, Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), a brilliant young college-dropout, slips into a job interview with one of New York City's best legal closers, Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht). Tired of cookie-cutter law school grads, Harvey takes a gamble by hiring Mike on the spot after he recognizes his raw talent and photographic memory.

Mike and Harvey are a winning team. Even though Mike is a genius, he still has a lot to learn about law. And while Harvey may seem like an emotionless, cold-blooded shark, Mike's sympathy and concern for their cases and clients will help remind Harvey why he went into law in the first place. Mike's other allies in the office include the firm's best paralegal Rachel (Meghan Markle) and Harvey's no-nonsense assistant Donna (Sarah Rafferty) to help him serve justice.

Proving to be an irrepressible duo and invaluable to the practice, Mike and Harvey must keep their secret from everyone including managing partner Jessica (Gina Torres) and Harvey's arch nemesis Louis (Rick Hoffman), who seems intent on making Mike's life as difficult as possible.

Saw the promo during Raw, looks interesting, slightly more serious than USA's other output.

Suits - season 1 promo

[YT]HOi7_d3GOFI[/YT]

it's refreshing that Mike's fraud is back being the center of attention and that he is on the verge of being exposed.

of course, if that happens, then the show is kind of over and I don't see how they can do another full season.

that's why, I know they are going to get Mike out of this somehow and unfortunately it will go back to being status quo.

Not sure if they can ever go back to status quo believably. In reality, even if he gets off somehow, their firm's reputation has been irreparably damaged.

This would have been a fantastic endrun for the show though.

I enjoyed the episode however I'm finding it hard to believe that both Harold and Jimmy would jeopardize their careers for Mike by perjuring themselves,as for Donna taking the fifth I liked it showed a rare moment of weakness for her which I felt was very refreshing for her character.

Id be very upset if they go back to the usual status quo after this.

the ultimate irony of this all is that although the prosecutor lady is dirty, she's technically right. Mike is a fraud lawyer and the whole firm has been tainted because the senior partners knew about the fraud, condoned it, and facilitated it.

so, from a pure justice point of view, you kind of want to see the prosecutor succeed and bring Mike and the firm down.

Not sure if they can ever go back to status quo believably. In reality, even if he gets off somehow, their firm's reputation has been irreparably damaged.

This would have been a fantastic endrun for the show though.

yeah. that's true.

it will be interesting to see how they end this season in the next few eps.

at one time, I thought a resolution to all of this would have been for Mike to resign from the firm, he and Rachel get married and move to a small town where his name wouldn't be recognized, and Mike goes to some small law school part time to become a real lawyer.

indeed, I think Mike or Harvey alluded to a similar scenario a few seasons back.

however, now that the case has been made public and Mike is actually on trial, that scenario doesn't seem likely now.

the ultimate irony of this all is that although the prosecutor lady is dirty, she's technically right. Mike is a fraud lawyer and the whole firm has been tainted because the senior partners knew about the fraud, condoned it, and facilitated it.

so, from a pure justice point of view, you kind of want to see the prosecutor succeed and bring Mike and the firm down.

This.

Its kinda hard to root for Mike and co when you know what they are doing is wrong.My guess is the only way they can gain the upper hand and possibly have the case dismissed is if they catch her in a desperate act doing something illegal to help win her case.

This.

Its kinda hard to root for Mike and co when you know what they are doing is wrong.My guess is the only way they can gain the upper hand and possibly have the case dismissed is if they catch her in a desperate act doing something illegal to help win her case.

Aren't these criminal charges being brought against Mike? So isn't it the State vs Mike Ross?

So even if she is caught doing something illegal, how does that change the fact that he and his firm have been involved in fraudulent behaviour? Wouldn't they just get another criminal prosecutor instead?

If a defendant is on trial for a crime, and the prosecutor commits a crime, that doesn't just get the whole case dismissed. It might get certain evidence excluded but shouldn't the case continue until the defendant is actually acquitted or convicted?

Literally the only way they can get out of this is to either win the case outright or get it thrown out.

I don't know how you do it. In reality, what Harvey said during the mock trial about parading a group of known Harvard alumni up there is exactly what the prosecutor would do.

Maybe Professor Gerard would be called to testify and he would say that Mike was in his class, even if he barely attended any lectures. Mike approached him a few episodes ago and he refused, but he might change his tune.

And Rachel's concern that the jury would end up hating Mike (the way she hated Harvey when she was put on the stand) still remains. Even if Mike now is first chair, and he may not be cross examining Trevor, he still would be doing that for another witness, and the jury could respond the same way.

the problem is, the more people testifying that they knew/saw Mike at Harvard the more are committing perjury.

so, it's just dragging more people into Mike's mess and getting them into trouble and putting their careers in jeopardy.

so, even if Mike wins, it will be at the expense of others and the overhead problem of him being a fraud lawyer still stands.

Maybe they only need two more though. Professor Gerrard and Sheila Sazs. Maybe Sheila can say she made a mistake and has found Mike's record. After that, maybe she'll want to quit the Harvard administration and perhaps that will change her priorities and she'll decide to settle down with Louis and have children.

I don't really see much of a way out though without more people perjuring themselves.

You'd think the hackers that got Mike his Harvard diploma would have done a more thorough job.

You'd think Harvey and Mike would have thought about strengthening their lie a long time ago.

a good ep last night and I can't wait to see what they do in the finale next week.

however, I was just thinking about something. Isn't there one man out there who can definitively out Mike as a fraud??

If I remember correctly, one of the students who Mike took the LSATs for in college was the daughter of the school principal or president. Once the dad found out, he called Mike into his office, chewed him out, expelled him, and ensured Mike that he'd never be able to get into Harvard.

So, whatever happened to that guy?

They really knocked last nights episode out of the park, just an incredible performance all around. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Mike takes the deal and season 6 starts 2yrs later after he is released from prison.

^^ yeah, that's how I see it playing out.

unless they do some kind of finale swerve......lol.

and if Mike takes the deal, I get the feeling that they'll later learn the Jury would have acquitted him.

Really love the music choices they use on this show,especially last nights episode.

^^ yeah, that's how I see it playing out.

unless they do some kind of finale swerve......lol.

and if Mike takes the deal, I get the feeling that they'll later learn the Jury would have acquitted him.

I think I saw something similar to that in an episode of The Good Wife.

I wonder which deal Mike is going to take. Probably not the one that turns in the rest of his friends.

But he still chooses to do this even after the talk he had with Rachel, just because of that case he took on where the man made a deal?

I wonder which deal Mike is going to take. Probably not the one that turns in the rest of his friends.

But he still chooses to do this even after the talk he had with Rachel, just because of that case he took on where the man made a deal?

yeah,the preview for next weeks hints at him turning himself in

[YT]DGXVHUxRt6Y[/YT]

If Mike turns himself in and goes to prison, he's not going to be able to practise law ever again. And it's not like Pearson Specter Litt are going to be able to continue to thrive after this, because it would definitely suggest that Mike is indeed guilty.

And if he can't practise law, then how can the series really continue? Are they just going to show his adventures doing something other than law? He tried that before at that other firm. Now he's not even going to be able to do that.

And he didn't actually manage to accomplish what he wanted to do with client he took on for his one last case.

If Mike turns himself in and goes to prison, he's not going to be able to practise law ever again. And it's not like Pearson Specter Litt are going to be able to continue to thrive after this, because it would definitely suggest that Mike is indeed guilty.

And if he can't practise law, then how can the series really continue? Are they just going to show his adventures doing something other than law? He tried that before at that other firm. Now he's not even going to be able to do that.

And he didn't actually manage to accomplish what he wanted to do with client he took on for his one last case.

Couldn't Mike come back as a consultant? (you just know that would eat him up inside)

Gabriel Macht said in an interview that the season finale ends on a cliffhanger ,so it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything until next season

I can't believe we are already at the season finale, they have done a great job of ratcheting up the tension among the main characters, hopefully the pay-off delivers!

Louis made some of his very best Weasel faces this week! :applaud

As gripping as this season has been my internal voice keeps shouting at the screen "Mike really is a fraud" and trying to prove that he is not or getting the case thrown out is just wrong.

What makes this process worse is how Harvey, Mike and their side are dragging "good" people into making bad choices for selfish reasons and corrupting them. I even felt bad for Trevor but when Mike went after Jimmy and the widow, I was done with rooting for Mike and the gang.

They may be great lawyers and very successful but they are all filthy human beings. Except for Gretchen. I still love her because she is still morally strong.

I really think that Mike and the firm should pay a heavy cost in the resolution of this story arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"