Civil War Users Rate & Review Civil War (TAG Spoilers!)

I don't care how you slice it...Cap ain't the hero in this.

If Cap had turned himself and Bucky in, the nonsense doesn't occur. Yes, there's lip service about how Stark might not believe the evidence they've gathered about Zemo but cinsidering who Sharon Carter works for and the fact that she got a whiff that something was amiss back at the authorities...couple that with the fact that if you turn yourself in, you can still stop Zemo. Cap's assumption is that Zemo is going to unleash other Winter Soldier. Go with that, let Stark and his team handle it and what do you have? You have Clint and Lang not as criminals which goes against what they were fighting for in their previous adventures and you don't have Rhodey partially paralyzed. Oh, and the Avengers are still kind of a team, however sanctioned.

All of this nonsense for Bucky. Stark is not blameless either. Both are childish in this film.

This film, in terms of Steve's side, is banking on audience's emotional attachment to Steve and Bucky's friendship.

And it doesn't work because of how irrational Steve is and the collateral damage left in the wake. And yet, I give the Russo's credit for having Steve call out his own idiocy and hypocrisy...which Joss Whedon hinted at in ULTRON.

Lol what took you so long.

You can add people to ignore list. Click on User CP

The trailers and promos all lied about the film.

There was hardly "Civil War",

I mean I couldn't even tell who were Union and who were the confederates, and I'm pretty sure some of the costumes weren't historically accurate.

The trailers and promos all lied about the film.

There was hardly "Civil War",

I mean I couldn't even tell who were Union and who were the confederates, and I'm pretty sure some of the costumes weren't historically accurate.
And black guys flying man? What kind of nonsense is this. Everyone knows black dudes are afraid of heights.

Had to create a new account because I am getting old and forget passwords.

Anyway. Great movie. Saw it twice now. First in IMAX 3D and then 2D. IMO, no need to see this is 3D.

Balanced. I think is the best word to describe this movie. Balance in story, pacing and characters.

Characters had equal time to shine without forgetting that this is still a Captain America movie. I understood each character motivation. I understood why they joined either Team Cap or Team Iron Man. Old and new characters had character development and got to show their powers quite well.

There is balance in tone. I don't have a problem with the humor in Marvel movies but I do recognise other people's criticism about it. In this movie, the humor and the quips are subtler compared to Whedon's or GOTG. I was affected emotionally by the serious scenes. Nothing felt forced.

There is balance in pacing. I was never bored during expositions. Action scenes are cool and creative except for some shaky cam bits in the beginning. I could watch all the actions scenes in this movie, especially the airport scene.

I don't have an issue with the villain. I don't read comics so I have no expectations of Zemo. I thought his motivation is consistent with one of the main themes of this movie.

Right now this movie is near the top as my favorite ensemble Marvel movie. Probably equal to Avengers.

10/10 for me.

Last edited:
I know, right!? Like how Justice never really dawned.

And no, Cap isn't the villian. You understand (well, obviously NOT you) that he was in a tough spot and kept the info to himself because he thought Tony would try to kill Bucky...you know...like what happened. He's protecting his friend, a man who was forced into the killings of all these people by no fault of his own. He's still dangerous but on the road to recovery and Steve isn't going to let his best friend be locked up for HYDRAs motivation...nor killed by another friend in an act of revenge.
Tony took it too far, but understandably so...he just learnt, and saw, the true death of his parentsby the man his friend has fought so hard to save...and standing 3 ft away. And despite Steve doing it to prevent this actual situation, as well as not wanting to drag up Howard and Marias death to him, he still saw it as a betrayal and Cap as a traitor. So if he's now going to stand in the way of you killing the man who took your parents away from you, you sure as hell are going to beat him down too.

So no, Cap isn't the villian. He is the hero, as he's always been. When it comes down to that last heated fight, Bucky is running and only fighting so he isn't killed, while Tony is out for murderous revenge. Cap is the one in the middle, trying to prevent his two friends from fighting and getting killed (and hell, trying to save Tony from heading down that dark path). And eventually, the only way to do that is to shut down Tonys armor. If he WAS the villian, he'd have decapitated Tony there and then with his shield.

But you know...
Martha

That last fight. So heartbreaking. I felt so sorry for Tony, Steve and Bucky. That fight got to me emotionally. It's not just a cool action scene, but very emotional too. When I think about that moment when
Tony finally sees the video
... ugh... my heart. Everyone is right. Everyone is wrong. I just want them to stop fighting and talk and make up.

Last edited:
5/10 (F)

Boring, long, there is no villain for them to fight at the end (Red Hulk), and it made no sense until Zemo outright said what his plan was in the last act.

So the person that gave this movie a 3, gave BvS a 9. Hmm. I know all too well about opinions, but that is.....interesting.

This movie is almost perfect. That's all I'm going to say. TWS,AoU and CW now make my favourite (meta)trilogy ever.

9.5/10

This is undoubtedly the best trilogy within the MCU.

Got some general audience reviews today. One of my guy friends absolutely loved it. His favourite MCU film I think. My brother however fell asleep halfway through :hehe: In his defense he works long hours. I'm going to see him this weekend so we may be seeing it again and I'll get a full reaction.

But what about Spider-Man and Nolan Batman?

:D

Spider-Man was massively let down by Spider-Man 3. Dark Knight was massively let down by TDKR.

The first Avenger was good, Winter Soldier is brilliant, and Civil War AT LEAST matches Winter Soldier, I think it's better...or maybe just under...I can't decide yet, I keep flip-flopping.

I do think it's the first comic book movie to buck the whole "3rd film is the worst/crap" trend. Even though I think IM3 is great, that seems to polarize people. CW however is going to be recieved MUCH more positively.

It's the best movie trilogy; period.

Na...

The Lord of the Rings
Toy Story

Both come to mind instantly.

Last edited:
Jason bourne trilogy!! featuring matt Damon! The is the best film trilogy

Jason bourne trilogy!! featuring matt Damon! That is the best film trilogy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"