Utrecht shooting: Several hurt as man opens fire in tram

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
'One dead' in Dutch tram shooting
_106065868_tv053029995.jpg

A man has opened fire in a tram in the Dutch city of Utrecht, injuring several people, police have said.

A square near a tram station in the west of the city has been cordoned off by authorities, and emergency services are at the scene.

They have asked people to stay away to enable emergency workers to get through.

The gunman reportedly fled the scene by car. Police say they are investigating a "possible terrorist motive".

Local media report the Dutch anti-terrorism co-ordinator has called a meeting. Prime Minister Mark Rutte said he was "deeply concerned".

The shooting took place around the 24 Oktoberplein junction at about 10:45 local time (09:45 GMT). Three helicopters have been despatched.

Security services have reportedly told Utrecht's University Medical Centre to open the dedicated emergency ward to help care for the injured.

It is unknown how many were injured or how seriously they were hurt.

ah **** i hope he's ok... ill try to call him

Yeah, they coming out the woodwork now.

I feel pretty confident, but if I'm wrong I'll retract.

Unfortunately media reports are now saying they're is one is feared to have died.

What is truly scary is that such an incident isn't surprising. Doesn't matter who did it.

According to the mayor of the city, 3 have died so far.

Tragic, yet another shooting.

There's no way this isn't influenced by what happened in Christchurch (hope I'm wrong but doesn't make it any less tragic).

That will play into a certain narrative better than the NZ terrorist does for our president.

I’m not even sure his outrage about this is genuine, I think it’s just him keeping his highly gullible base on side and supporting him.

He’s never going to be personally affected by terrorist in his garish ivory (and gold) towers, the tweets and posturing are just to keep his constituency believing he’s actually representing their interests.

I guess if Cohen's character testimony about Trump is accurate that's probably true.

I guess if Cohen's character testimony about Trump is accurate that's probably true.

You don't need Cohen's testimony to know this. Just read up on Trump and the Central Park Five.

Good news, though, it sounds like they caught the shooter.

I’m not even sure his outrage about this is genuine, I think it’s just him keeping his highly gullible base on side and supporting him

Agreed, I can't stomach the fact that he continues to retain such a huge base of supporters. I can see why people voted for him, but the fact that he still retains a loyal following is hard to swallow. Speaks more to how inept the Democrats are than anything else I think.

Last edited:
Doesn’t sound like this guy was a dyed in the wool Islamist or extremist, though. Sounds like he was a down on his luck thief and a bit of a risk and ended up aligning himself to whatever ideological position was nearest to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"