Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Venom Let There Be Carnage director addresses short runtime

During a recent interview with IGN, he explained: "We always wanted this film to be a real thrill ride. And a fast, muscular... not hanging around too much with exposition.

"But having said that, I think what we've done is achieve a real balance between dropping anchor with all of the characters so that you feel that you're fully immersed in them and that we're not just rushing through to the next battle or action part."

The actor-plumb-filmmaker went on to suggest that Carnage's (the arch villain played by Woody Harrelson) proper introduction needed to happen fairly quickly.

Inside the edit suite, according to Serkis, it was "about really nailing the tone, so that it always felt that the comedy was being supported by real emotion and pathos and real feelings.

"You get sucked in. Like, once Carnage comes to life, Eddie is then hiding to nothing to get there and trying to track him down. So it had its own internal sort of energy and pace that you couldn't escape."

Aka We are dumb and have nothing much to tell, but want sequel money.

Being serious, I fear this movie have not much to show what the teasers not already show. It will begin with Eddie and Venom have bromance issues and Venom need to learn about how to be a good person, Cletus interview with accidently infection, Cletus receives death penalty but Carnage bond with him and he get out. First fight, Venom will lose to Carnage. Some generic "Lets be a team again" between Eddie and Venom and then they can defeat him.
There are two scenes with his ex girlfriend and the random "Scream spinoff is coming" teases, but I dont care about this.

I wish they would go more serious way and not just play dumb goofy. Did anyone actually laugh at the "Then I eat Ms. Chan" joke they promote in every trailer?

Yeah well there are boX office success and critical success. Both are needed if Sony wants this franchise to last for a long time, and not reboot again after a couple of films.

The fact that Sony is waiting til Oct 1 or the day before, to lift the embargo doesn't bode well to its potential critical reception. The tweets posted here in this thread don't sound good as well.

Well even if the movie's better than the first (which I'm not necessarily expecting, and don't care if it isn't) there's a good chance it still gets just as bad of reviews as the 1st, or even worse, so critics can double down and try to prove their point. So it's really not even remotely surprising to me that Sony's keeping an embargo til last minute
-- side note: I personally think all movie reviews should be embargoed til a few days before a movie's release in general ... So many times reviews come out weeks early, and the RT score is great, great, great, then at the end it drops dramatically; or the reverse. A trickle of early reviews is dumb and pointless imho.

But besides that, there's a good chance that there's a very spoilery post-credits scene, and they likely want to keep that somewhat under wraps (even though it's already seemingly been ruined lol). So I just really don't give a thought or care to 'Sony waiting so long' to lift the embargo. It's just not a surprise. Or a big, meaningful deal

Actually the rumored post credits scene would entice more people to watch the film on October 1st. Its about spreading good word of mouth / buzz.

The only reason that I see that they aren't lifting the embargo after its world premiere is they aren't confident that this won't get good reviews just like the 1st movie. This is nothing new.

And of course, the director has to eXplain himself about a short runtime which is another red flag.

The short runtime doesn’t bother me, movies are getting increasingly long and it’s rarely for there to be a long movie that doesn’t have dead time, scenes that drag on that bit too much.

That isn't true. Free Guy, Space Jam Legacy, The New Mutants and Candyman are less than 120 minutes. Black Widow, Old, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, The Suicide Squad, Jungle Cruise aren't over 140 minutes.

For me a *long* movie is something that eXceeds ovee 150 minutes. While we rarely get blockbusters with a 3 hour runtime, especially with Marvel movies.

If that post-credit scene description for Let There Be Carnage is true, then the Multiverse has to be the route they're taking for the third movie, right?

I'd say so. And based on the new "The Universe is Expanding" marketing, I wouldn't be surprised if there's more 'new' or 'introduced' characters, or 'multiverse elements in the actual proper film itself potentially

Just because, I wouldn't begrudge them for using that slogan in the marketing (whatever gets people to the theater and gets you money ha), but I'd be surprised if they advertised that and it was basically only referring to a post-credits scene ... I feel like there almost has to be something, or more featured in the actual film that people will find a pretty big deal :hmm

These actually all look really great to me :up:

BTW does anyone know when the actual premiere with critics is set to occur?

BTW does anyone know when the actual premiere with critics is set to occur?

That's a good question. I know the embargo doesn't lift til the 30th, but you always seem to get the little 'twitter' mini review things, and initial reactions, and tidbits of feedback here and there before the full reviews can be released

If that post-credit scene description for Let There Be Carnage is true, then the Multiverse has to be the route they're taking for the third movie, right?
They could name the movie as Venom: Let There Be Spider-Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"