Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Finally watched this movie, and it's awesome fun. That's not saying it's good, it's one of those fun shlocky films.
Church fight reminds me of both Daredevil film and Amazing Spider-Man 2, with the falling blonde girl and a clock-tower.

If you want to know what unbridled fanboy enthusiasm looks like, look no further. Just in case you haven't noticed by now, I absolutely loved this film.

The movie was fun alright, but it was just too short and the plot easy to guess throughout! Also, I felt that Carnage was pretty much rushed. It was OK overall, but I rather write about some of the things I didn't like about it:

Another thing I didn't enjoy was that both Symbiotes were too much in control of their hosts, Eddie & Cletus. It wasn't a "WE" relationship, but more of a "YOU AND I" relationship and whenever Cletus or Eddie didn't agree with something, their alien partners just seemed to do whatever they want anyways, with them having no control. It wasn't like that in the comics! Also, the ability of Venom to

The rating is another problem this movies has as it takes a lot away from a movie which has Carnage as a villain and we all know why that is, so I won't go more into details here.

The comedy between Eddie & his alien was over the top as well. Didn't like it. It's one of those ingredients that you need just some drops of here and there, but they managed to spill the whole bottle!

Of course, I don't want to make it sound like I hated it, I mean Woody Harrelson was good as Cletus, Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock as well! Venom looked and sounded great, the action scenes were fun, but these things still can't make it a very good movies! Overall, I feel like giving it a 6/10, but maybe it's just the Venom fanboy inside me.

6g8hiw.gif

6g8ily.gif

6gk056.gif

6gqfxy.gif

I had no idea there was a statue of Cervantes in San Franciso Golden Gate Park.
And venerating him, his own fictional creations - Sancho and Quixote characters.

Wich both Serkis and Hardy make parallels to Eddie and Venom

Serkis - "Venom and Eddie come together .... and realize they are a perfect match, just like Sancho Panza and Don Quixote."

Hardy - " the pair formed by Quijote and Sancho and that of Eddie and Venom share the same essence. The two were very different beings. One is a realist and the other a fanciful, but they kept going on adventures together because they coexisted with each other, ”

So borrowing the line - "Facts are the enemy of truth" - Is that how the world sees them? if in a world where their reality can not be believed. Or truth for them is living by what you make of it, does that make Eddie (reporter) the realist and Venom the dreamer? Or the other way around?

FUWDE2hWUAYmXa5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"