Venom Venom's Box Office Thread

Amy Pascal is another one that shouldn't have so much power. She clearly doesn't know what she's doing. And then you have Tom Rothman above all of this which does not help in any way, but hopefully he won't interfere like he did with the X-Men and Deadpool movies back at Fox.

I think that superhero movies were not as big as they are now, so he will probably treat them differently. I hope.

I honestly don’t know. No one likes him. Not even pascal. It’s so weird. Saw a video on how Sony was basically angry he was responsible for rebooting the franchise. But why’d they listen to him? Does he have dirt on them? It’s weird.

He seems insane tbh. I don’t understand. Yea he’s like 70. He’s a very bitter person and tries to control everything. Idk why sony feels the need to give him any attention. He didn’t boost the 2000s Spider-Man films that was all raimi. He almost destroyed the brand which is hard to do for a character like Spider-Man.

Venom is good. I like it but I can tell he probably might screw that up to. I honestly don’t get how he has power when multiple people complained and left cause of his meddling with films that caused them to cancel plans. It’s like he has dirt on people or something.

The larger studios likely have production deals, which essentially give a production company the rights to produce the movie. It's whey Lauren Schuller-Donner name is always involved with the X-men movies. Some are more controlling than others.

I wonder how Venom will do this weekend with Halloween being released.

It will probably drop behind ASIB. Halloween may do 100 mil OW

Last edited:
Sorry if the question has been answered already but did they address how Eddie can survive with the Venom symbiote eating him alive?
They addressed the idea that he is compatible like an organ donor, but the Annes doctor boyfriend highlighted that it was "killing him".
Does the brain eating nourish the symbiote enough to keep it him from chewing up Eddies body?

Sorry if the question has been answered already but did they address how Eddie can survive with the Venom symbiote eating him alive?
They addressed the idea that he is compatible like an organ donor, but the Annes doctor boyfriend highlighted that it was "killing him".
Does the brain eating nourish the symbiote enough to keep it him from chewing up Eddies body?

As far I recall they came to an agreement that the symbiote would stop feeding on Eddie as long as Eddie fed him/it other things. That’s why Eddie was asking the Symbiote what he wanted to eat in the shop at the end.

Huge drop between second and third weekends.

Could have been worse to be fair.

I wouldn't call a sub 50% drop a huge drop by any measure.

Halloween is definitely overperforming, though, looking to knock out Venom's Oct opening record.

Okay so Venom holds the October opening weekend record for 14 days?

Lol i hope it doesnt happens but it'd be hilarious.. I expect more big movies to be released in october in the future..

btw, 48% is not that bad considering how well Halloween did.

I'm not worried. Venom has already made far more than anyone projected at this stage. That second weekend drop off was the one to look out for and that surprised a lot of people.

When did a sub 50% drop become bad? :huh:

In my opinion only of course:

- When the movie doesn't belong to the front-loaded type: not based on a book/ game/ play/ TV show, not part of a franchise.
- When the movie opens low, or opening weekend comes under expectation.
- When the movie has big expansion/ double-feature with another movie of the same studio.
- When the weekend has a holiday/ Mother's Day/ Father's Day/ Valentine, etc. or before a holiday Monday.

As far I recall they came to an agreement that the symbiote would stop feeding on Eddie as long as Eddie fed him/it other things. That’s why Eddie was asking the Symbiote what he wanted to eat in the shop at the end.
Cool. Yea that's what I thought. I wonder if they'll explore Venoms addiction to chocolate too. lol.

The drop is not as big as I thought. I forget sometimes that our weekend is not the same as most of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"