Vertigo Mob Drama The Kitchen

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/melissa-mccarthy-tiffany-haddish-mob-movie-kitchen-1202696607/

Melissa McCarthy will star with Tiffany Haddish in the mob drama “The Kitchen” for New Line Cinema and DC Entertainment.

“Straight Outta Compton” writer Andrea Berloff will direct from her own script, based on the comic book series by Ollie Masters and Ming Doyle from DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint. The movie will mark Berloff’s feature directorial debut. Michael De Luca is producing the pic.

“The Kitchen” is a classic gangster story that follows a group of Irish mobsters sent to prison. Their wives take over their jailed spouses’ organized crime operation to become the most ruthless and powerful gangsters in 1970s Hell’s Kitchen.

Tiffany Haddish was great in Girls Trip. I'm glad she landed this gig. Looking forward to the rest of the casting choices and I hope this'll be good.

Sounds interesting but Melissa McCarthy is one of those performers I cannot watch in anything.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/melissa-mccarthy-the-kitchen-tiffany-haddish-new-line-dc-entertainment-andrea-berloff-1202287146/

The film is an uncommon one for a major studio: a gritty drama directed by a female filmmaker, with three strong female leads in the anti-hero roles.

The Kitchen is an Irish mafia story set in Hell’s Kitchen, New York in the 1970s.

An FBI sweep catches mob leaders, and while they are under arrest and their criminal enterprise is jeopardized, the mob wives take over. They end up running the illicit business in more vicious fashion than their husbands ever did.

Immediately thought of Steve McQueen’s Widows, which is out later this year.

Immediately thought of Steve McQueen’s Widows, which is out later this year.

Is that anything to do with this Widows (as in remake/inspired by)?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085111/?ref_=rvi_tt

"Three armed robbers, Harry Rawlins, Terry Miller and Joe Pirelli, die when the security van that they are robbing catches fire in the Kingsway Tunnel in London. Their widows, Dolly Rawlins, Shirley Miller and Linda Pirelli, find their husbands' plans for the robbery and decide to stage it themselves. They enlist the help of a fourth woman, Bella O'Reilly and succeed in making off with the cash. Then Dolly learns that her husband didn't die in the robbery. And now he wants his money back..."

Because that's what it made me think of straight away.

It's based on a Vertigo comic and Vertigo is an imprint of DC comics.

The plot sounds very intriguing, but Melissa McCarthy in a drama?! Hopefully, she can surprise people!

God damn, another Vertigo flick...finally.

Hmm... I think I read a preview for the comic once. McCarthy and Haddish would've never come to mind.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/domhnall-gleeson-talks-join-elisabeth-moss-new-line-crime-drama-kitchen-1103165

Domhnall Gleeson is in final negotiations to join Elisabeth Moss in The Kitchen, New Line‘s adaptation of the DC/Vertigo female-fronted crime comic book series.

The actor, who plays General Hux in the new Star Wars movies, is joining an eclectic cast that already includes Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish and Margo Martindale.

Straight Outta Compton co-writer Andrea Berloff is making her directorial debut with the movie, which is set in Hell's Kitchen, New York, in the 1970s and follows the wives of Irish mobsters who end up taking over the crime business after their husbands are arrested and jailed. The women turn out to be more vicious than the men in running the business.

Gleeson will play Gabriel O’Malley, an intense Vietnam vet who worked for the neighborhood gangsters as a hitman before skipping town to avoid the police. He returns to settle scores when the wives take over.

Common In Talks To Join New Line’s Vertigo Adaptation ‘The Kitchen’
Deadline reports Common is currently in advanced negotiations to join the cast of the Vertigo adaptation of The Kitchen from New Line Cinema and DC Entertainment. Meanwhile, James Badge Dale (The Departed, 24) has signed on to board the project along with Jeremy Bobb (Manhunt: Unabomber) and Myk Watford (Darkness Rising) who have also joined the cast.

DqYIoO6XcAA22JH.jpg

Nice!! Im excited for this, the films of DC Inprints so far has been good af , 'A history of Violence', 'Road to Perdition' & 'V for Vendetta' were freaking awesome, 'Red' & 'Red 2' were kinda cool, there's only The Losers which i pretend never happened lmao

Is this a comedy, black comedy, or drama? Any word on that yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"