Clone Wars "Victory and Death" Spoiler Discussion and May the 4th Thread

That final scene was quite somber but it felt oddly appropriate. Though I feel the episode needed a little bit more in terms of closing things off. It’s certainly a more dour ending than what we’re normally accustomed to with the franchise but I think it works. I would’ve liked to see Ahsoka try to feel for Anakin’s presence and then assume he’s dead, or for her to see Obi-Wan’s last holocron message telling the remaining Jedi to hide. That last image is very cool and a fitting last image for the series. Overall, this was a good last episode but unfortunately I still think it would’ve been the smarter move to release this entire arc as a movie as opposed to it coming out once a week as four episodes.

If anyone here is a Avatar: The Last Airbender fan that watched the show during its original run, then you might recall that Nickelodeon aired the four part series finale arc (Sozin’s Comet) together as basically a TV movie event. They should’ve taken the same approach with “Siege Of Mandalore” on Disney Plus. If it weren’t for the pandemic, I would’ve loved to see this have a limited release theatrical run.

Last edited:
The ending of Clone Wars feels like an ending of an era. It’s the last SW George Lucas was intimately involved in so there’s something to be said about saying goodbye to it. In my honest opinion, Clone Wars is perhaps the most important piece of media to come out of the franchise outside the six original movies.

Last edited:
The mediocre Clone Wars pilot episodes with poor animation quality got released as a movie in theaters while the series finale episodes that has movie quality animation didn’t, and just got released on the streaming service weekly like a regular tv show.

8AEB92AD745607CDB083C1D4B4A475E1EE109B9E

Last edited:
The ending is prefect as it ends with so much emotion and yet no dialogue . Just music that hits all your emotions. If we didn't get Rebels i would have been devastated but man I'm so glad we got a chance to wrap up this show. Bravo Fillnoi

I expected a bleak ending considering how Order 66 tied in to everything, but I was also expecting a few more ROTS tie-ins like Ahsoka and Rex learning about Palpatine declaring himself Emperor or intercepting Obi-Wan's warning transmission about staying away from the Jedi Temple. I didn't expect the entire episode to be based around their escape, but on the other had they didn't need much closure since Ahsoka and Rex's arcs continue on into Rebels (and Maul's, for that matter).

I did really love the final scene. It also made me wish they retained the same style of Clone Wars animation for Rebels.

The goosebumps! Amazing finale to an amazing show

Last edited:
I’m about to throw Solo on now too Darth. Watched all the other stuff I said I was gonna earlier did the Mando docuseries episode 1 first. Did Clone Wars finale and ROTS right after that.

My favourite thing about Solo is how much it feels like the two animated shows. Beyond bigger elements like Maul, the worldbuilding and cast of characters reminds me so much of the two shows. And then of course it's about several OT characters, so I feel like it bridges the two nicely.

My favourite thing about Solo is how much it feels like the two animated shows. Beyond bigger elements like Maul, the worldbuilding and cast of characters reminds me so much of the two shows. And then of course it's about several OT characters, so I feel like it bridges the two nicely.
I do love how like the shows it feels like an intersection of so much expanded lore, with what we know from the saga films. It makes it all just feel more real, and Star Wars bigger.

Also I to love the only two Star Wars shows. Resistance and Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. :o

It's too bad the prequels were never as good as these last four episodes.

But then again, the four middle episodes with the Martez sisters were horrendous. It's weird how Clone Wars would dip and vary in quality so much.

A good sendoff to the show and Ahsoka and Rex.

It makes Rebels a good companion piece to this show since it continues where they leave off here.

Last edited:
I do love how like the shows it feels like an intersection of so much expanded lore, with what we know from the saga films. It makes it all just feel more real, and Star Wars bigger.

Also I to love the only two Star Wars shows. Resistance and Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. :o
Oh yeah... I genuinely forgot about those two. :funny:

It has one of my favorite sequences in the whole saga too, the train heist.

It's too bad the prequels were never as good as these last four episodes.

But then again, the four middle episodes with the Martez sisters were horrendous. It's weird how Clone Wars would dip and vary in quality so much.

A good sendoff to the show and Ahsoka and Rex.

It makes Rebels a good companion piece to this show since if continues where they leave off here.
I feel like Rebels was already that, but even more so now. The final scene... you can all imagine how I reacted. :hehe:

It has one of my favorite sequences in the whole saga too, the train heist.
I really enjoy the train heist, but for my money the Kessel Run, from the moment they get there to when they land on that beach, is peak Star Wars. Honestly, if not for the reshoots of the finale to include Dryden weren't so obviously in a smaller, closed offset and thus limited, I'd feel like the movie was pretty perfect from the train heist on. It's a bit choppy early on, but still with really strong material imo. But once the train heist hits, that issue goes away and it's just all working for me.

I really enjoy the train heist, but for my money the Kessel Run, from the moment they get there to when they land on that beach, is peak Star Wars. Honestly, if not for the reshoots of the finale to include Dryden weren't so obviously in a smaller, closed offset and thus limited, I'd feel like the movie was pretty perfect from the train heist on. It's a bit choppy early on, but still with really strong material imo. But once the train heist hits, that issue goes away and it's just all working for me.

Oh yes of course the Kessel Run is also awesome. This movie is just straight up fun and a good time.

I do think that as an episode, it feels incomplete. As a part of the whole, it works really well, but as it's own episode, it is not the best.

While I really liked the arc as a whole, I will say I found it all oddly somber for this show. Yes, the show would get dark and yes it could be painful. But the finale felt so somber for the kind of show TCW was. I really liked it, but at the same time it didn't necessarily feel like TCW for me and the last few minutes almost felt unnecessarily hopeless. Especially when you consider how even RotS ends. Doesn't mean I didn't like it, because I did. I really did. But at the same time, it did feel odd for being the finale of TCW.

If I had to pick between TCW finale and Rebels, I'd probably take Rebels just because I do think it struck the right note, even with it's flaws. Thankfully I don't have to choose! :D:

I think part of the problem is that we lacked a number of Clone characters that we had known for a long time in this finale. I mean, sure Jesse had been around a bit. But replace Jesse in that stand off scene with Fives or Echo? Much, much stronger. It was powerful when Rex turned on Ahsoka. But Rex was lacking a clone we had seen him with for a significant amount of time, as well as having a bond we recognize. I always had a bit of an issue with how they kept on killing off the Rookiees. As they were about the only other Clone character than Rex that got significant screen time and character development.

Still, the whole situation of the crashing ship was wonderful. And Vader not finding the ship till I am assuming post ANH was great as well. The image of them Ahsoka and Rex leaving the ship with the graveyard was chilling.

I think part of the problem is that we lacked a number of Clone characters that we had known for a long time in this finale. I mean, sure Jesse had been around a bit. But replace Jesse in that stand off scene with Fives or Echo? Much, much stronger. It was powerful when Rex turned on Ahsoka. But Rex was lacking a clone we had seen him with for a significant amount of time, as well as having a bond we recognize. I always had a bit of an issue with how they kept on killing off the Rookiees. As they were about the only other Clone character than Rex that got significant screen time and character development.

Still, the whole situation of the crashing ship was wonderful. And Vader not finding the ship till I am assuming post ANH was great as well. The image of them Ahsoka and Rex leaving the ship with the graveyard was chilling.
I agree. And honestly I feel like they knew this was an issue, which is why they went about rectifying it in later seasons, before the show was cancelled. I was so sure Echo would be in this episode, along with the Bad Batch. A big reason why I thought they kept those episodes in.

But yeah, the big set piece and ending were really wonderful imo. The droids broke my heart when they died. I couldn't believe how much that hurt. And as a whole film, which this clearly is, it is rather great imo. As to when that final scene is. I do think it is most likely post Siege of Lothal. When Vader realizes the Apprentice lives. :mrk:

I am watching one of my favorites for this day of celebration:

GJZOEzR.gif

wCRKNx5.gif

e2swfUe.gif

wPSAGAc.gif

amhOGst.gif

HbXGwvK.gif
I can't help but notice someone is missing. :o
Solo-L3-gif.gif

That's one of the issues with the way they handled the clones. I'm not sure I'd even call Jessie an actual character more than a background ornament. So I was surprised to find it worked really well for me in spite of that, though yeah, I think tweaking the ending of the Bad Batch so it's Echo would work a bit better. Though I do kinda like that the one representing the Republic/Empire here has the Republic logo stamped on his head.

So uh, did Hans Zimmer get like royalties for the last two episodes, because there was a lot of BR 2049 in that beautiful score.

More like Vangelis in the original Blade Runner.

About the episode, perfect way to end this final arc. Last 4 episodes were to me the best Star Wars since the original trilogy.

More like Vangelis in the original Blade Runner.

About the episode, perfect way to end this final arc. Last 4 episodes were to me the best Star Wars since the original trilogy.

Yeah it sounded a lot like the classic Blade Runner score this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"