Villain Poll

Discussion in 'Deadpool 2' started by Dasher10, Feb 9, 2016.

?

Villain

1. T-Ray

2. Black Tom and Juggernaut

3. Black Box

4. Slayback

5. Evil Deadpool

6. Slayback

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Now that a sequel is coming, let's talk about who the bad guy can be.

Personally, I feel like it's too soon for Evil Deadpool but I'm listing him since for the sake of completion.

I'm also not going to list Hit Monkey, Taskmaster or Typhoid since Fox don't own those characters.

2. def28 Registered

Tom Cassidy is great but without the Siryn connection and love story it loses alot. T-Ray or an all out merc war would be cool.

But with them clearly wanting to introduce Cable, I would go back to the basics of New Mutants 98. Have Nessa be revealed as Copycat who is working for someone else and causing trouble for Cable. Putting Wade in the middle of everything. That way theres the strong emotional ties with Nessa and they won't fall into a standard romantic love story for a sequel. To me having the love interest of the first film be one of the villains is more interesting then just another generic bad guy who will probably only last 1 film.

... maybe Siryn could be with Cable on X-Force causing complications between Wade and Nessas relationship while Cassidy is working with Nessa. Deadpool should always be in the grey area with choices to make one way or another. Having the girl he loves choose the wrong side is kind of the ultimate moral test for Wade.

#2 def28, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  3. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

Stryfe or Tyler Dayspringer since Cable is involved

4. def28 Registered

Maybe hint at those guys, but they are much better suited for X-Force, or a film where Cable is the lead and not Deadpool. They will need alot of screen time. Cable alone will need alot of set up and will have conflict with Wade one way or another.

With Cable being added, they also need a villain who is personal to Wade. Like T-Ray, Slayback, Copycat or Black Tom.

#4 def28, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I'd rather use them for X-Force. They're more connected to Cable than Deadpool.

I'd like to see it ply out this way. A Cable film in late 2017 should be next since the biggest complaint I see about Cable in general is that his backstory is too confusing.

Follow that up with Deadpool 2 in 2018 where Cable takes Deadpool back to the past to fulfill some role in destiny that only he can fulfill and it involves tracking down an arms dealer named Tolliver who's incredibly secretive but a man named Tom Cassidy knows both who and where he is and it's up to Deadpool to hunt him down and get and make him talk in whatever way he can. The catch is Tom's bodyguard/implied lover who's both immortal and completely invincible. Oh, and Wade gets a new love interest in Tom's daughter which will be made awkward with the sheer amount of subtext between Wade and Nate.

I'd also make the 2018 X-Men film Proteus just so there can be a villain able to psychologically break the X-Men and get Magneto to search for a mutant homeland, Wolverine to go in search of his past and Archangel and Psylocke to leave the team and head elsewhere. Then have them replaced with Rogue, Shadowcat and Iceman. Have Cable, Siryn and Deadpool appear after the credits to welcome Warren and Betsy to their new team.

Then X-Force should form and be Cable, Deadpool, Siryn, Psylocke, Archangel and newcomer Domino. Fox should slot this for 2019. X-Force hunt for Tolliver who's actually Tyler Dayspring and Stryfe appears in the final fight scene to set the stage for the 2020 X-Men film X-Cutioner's Song which would be X-Men + Cable.

And in 2021 I'd drop an X-Force sequel that would introduce X-23 and Fantomex (and a clone of Emma Frost who'd run away and reappear with the X-Men) and would lead into an X-Men film that would reintroduce Bishop, Emma Frost and Colossus to the team.

So there you go. A plan for where the X-Men franchise can go after Wolverine 3. If you need a real chart, I'd set it up this way.

2017 - Wolverine 3, Gambit, Cable

2018 - X-Men: Proteus, Deadpool 2: The Deadpooling

2019 - X-Force, Wolverine 4

2020 - X-Men: X-Cutioner's Song

2021 - X-Force: Assault on Weapon Plus

2022 - X-Men: Messiah Complex

2023 - X-Force: Zero Tolerance

2024 - Some deal with Marvel to merge universes and continuities with Secret Wars.

6. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Fox should hire you.

Or someone like you.

7. def28 Registered

There is really no need for Cable to be in a film that often and that quick. That's kinda overkill.

Introduce him like planned in Deadpool 2 then have it go to X-Force where he is team leader. If people still want more then him leading X-Force and being a co star in Deadpool (which I doubt they will), then give him a solo.

The great thing about Deadpool is that he can explain all the complicated exposition for Cable.

#7 def28, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  8. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Yeah but a Cable solo film should be about his origins, the Askani, his rivalry with Stryfe, etc. People constantly complain about his backstory being told in flashbacks.

I wouldn't be opposed to him randomly showing up in a Deadpool sequel but it would feel awkward to have him show up and either have to explain his backstory or suddenly drop the time travelling son of Cyclops into the mix without explaining who his is or where he comes from.

I also feel like both Stryfe and Mister Sinister are villain who need to be built up and can't appear in the first film that they're mentioned in. Not only is Strfye the father of Genesis and the clone of Cyclops' son but he's also the single most powerful mutant in existence who has the power to destroy worlds with a single thought.

Mister Sinister on the other hand is a mastermind with his hands in everything and is important to Magneto, Cyclops, Gambit, Cable and Wolverine's pasts so he has way too many major enemies with no less than FIVE X-Men who want a piece of him. He can't be a one and done bad guy since he's the single most personal threat that the X-Men can ever face.

And finally, if Fox are going to introduce Cable, I really hope that they do not under any circumstances bring in X-Man. X-Man is a good version of Stryfe and when your protagonist is able to handle any threat thrown his way, it gets hard to root for him since there's no dramatic tension. X-Men films are already hard enough to create stakes around since Storm and Iceman are already OP (and the same goes for the Avengers with Thor and Hulk and the Justice League with Superman and Flash) so we really don't need a protagonist who can handle any threat without any sort of struggle. He's a terrible character who never should have survived the Age of Apocalypse event.

9. def28 Registered

Fox can't rush in every little detail of Cable that's presented in the comics starting next year just for fans. And honestly they shouldn't . Cable needs to be simplified a bit one way or the other. Heck, originally they were juts gonna have him in Bishops role in DOFP.

He's not gonna just randomly show up in Deadpool. He's gonna be a main character with the Director, writers and Reynolds all having confirmed it way in advance. Deadpool can get away with a ton. If something is far too complicated that needs explaining for that film then it's probably better left explaining later cause it will be irrelevant in Deadpool 2.

Worry about the villains when X-Force comes along. They shouldn't be in Deadpool 2 anyways.

#9 def28, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  10. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Thank you. They already have Singer, Millar, Kinberg and Donner for that. I just come to these forums to pass along fan ideas. (And keep in mind that Fox filmed Kinberg's rough draft for Fantastic Four, Millar got kicked to the curb by Josh Trank and Singer and Donner wanted no part in that abortion.

If you want to hear a really mindblowing idea, it's that I'd sell back the Fantastic Four film rights altogether and have Phase 4 introduce the FF in their own film while making Doctor Doom the main antagonist in Black Panther 2 and then use Kang as the big bad for Avengers 4 in exchange for allowing continuities to merge at the end of Phase 4.

If Legion is a success, I'd run it through 2023 and much like the Age of Apocalypse story, I'd have him be the man responsible for destroying all realities. What happens is that Kang returns to the past to conquer Earth during Avengers 4 and succeeds in doing so and his game plan if he loses is literally to DESTROY REALITY.

Meanwhile, in the Fox-Men universe, I'd set things up so that after the defeats of Stryfe, Sinister and then an X-Force film that would follow the plot structure of X-tinction Agenda with the central conflict based on Second Coming and with bits of Welcome to Genosha and Zero Tolerance thrown in to act as a culmination of the current X-Men world where Cameron Hodge and Bastion are defeated and Magneto is the current ruler of Genosha, I'd use that a good jumping off point for the franchise. This loops back to the Legion series where Legion winds up seeing these other realities and finds that his powers have developed to the point where he can manipulate them and decides to completely wipe that post-DOFP timeline as well as the MCU from existence and create a world where mutants like him are in charge... which leads to the 2023 Age of Apocalypse film. What happens is that he also sees a world where his friend Quicksilver is dead and that in a way, breaks him and he wipes the MCU away right as Kang destroys reality itself. Needless to say, this will also be a series finale for Legion. keep in mind that with Apocalypse's defeat in AOA, reality still does not return to normal thanks to Kang.

So after Kang Dyanasty and Age of Apocalypse are over, what happens is Legion's meddling in both timelines has caused them to converge and for Doom to rule what's left of various timelines with the MCU and Fox-Men being the centerpiece in a two part event where one film is produced by Disney and the other by Fox. Secret Wars would also get cameos by Wesley Snipes, Thomas Jane and Tobey Macquire.

And the aftermath is a universe where both studios retain their casts but crossovers are now allowed. We'll see Captain Marvel and Deathlok join the X-Men, Wolverine, Rogue and Beast join the Avengers and Agents of SHIELD will get new members in Abigail Brand, Garrison Kane and GW Bridge. We'll also get a Guardians/Inhumans crossover based on War of Kings. A young Hank Pym and Doctor Faustus, Red Skull, Sebastian Shaw and Madame Masque are now in the present as is the X-Men roster from what would be around the 1990s in Fox's continuity and Ronan is alive again.

Not that this will be all sunshine and rainbows. Phase 5 should be an adaptation of Dark Reign since reality merging actually made some things WORSE. Norman Osborn is now director of SHIELD and Red Skull now sits on the World Security Council. The international community has responded by creating their own national teams with two of them going right to Fox's TV shows, Hellfire and Legion will be replaced with X-Factor and Alpha Flight. (Psylocke is American in Fox's continuity so it's doubtful that we'll ever get a Captain Britain film from Fox.)

Oh, and the sentinel program is back. Bastion survived the last pre-Secret Wars X-Force film and he's now part of SHIELD.

IMO, part of the reason why I really want Abe Jenkins to be the villain in Ant-Man and The Wasp, I want the villain of a second season of Luke Cage to be Atlas, hope for an Iron Man 4 based on Armor Wars with Ghost and also want to see Scorpion, Joystick and Shocker in the Spider-Man reboot is because I REALLY want to see the rumored Thunderbolts Netflix series to happen. By the time that Phase 5 hits, we'll not only see Zemo and HYDRA be effectively less evil than SHIELD but Moonstone will switch sides and betray the T-Bolts and then be the villain for Captain Marvel 3 and possibly kill off a member of the T-Bolts like Jolt, Blizzard, Ghost or Shocker (since let's face it, only Helmut, Abe and Mel really have plot armor) and Hawkeye sees how SHIELD is compromised yet again and joins the team in Karla's absence with him first showing up at the end of an episode uttering the words, "Hail immortal HYDRA." And not only does Norman Osborn's SHIELD destroy Magneto's Genosha with Sentinels killing millions but Norman also personally kills Gwen Stacy. X-Force are now treated as terrorists, Tony Stark is a fugitive, the X-Men and Avengers have their hands tied by bureaucracy, the Fantastic Four are kidnapped by Doctor Doom in Latveria, SHIELD have bullied both Thaddeus Ross and X-Factor into invading Wakanda, Daredevil's identity is leaked to the press, Wolverine is framed by The Hand and only Elektra can save his good name, Shadow King has brainwashed the X-Men through Cerebro and only Storm escaped, Alpha Flight are openly clashing with SHIELD, Asgard has appeared above Earth setting the stage for Avengers 5 (which is Siege) and Steve Rogers is investigating a terrible disease that Germany's representative on the World Security Council may be responsible for. The MCU may have gotten more expansive but it also became a much worse place by most people's standards.

Agents of SHIELD will have some really great network crossovers with X-Factor and Alpha Flight on TV but Thunderbolts would mostly do it's own thing with SHIELD characters showing up in a few episodes.

Phase 5 is where the MCU should get just as dark as the X-Men films do and the only exceptions to this would be Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man and Deadpool since I never want to see those properties go dark and gritty.

And Phase 4 needs to be where the MCU goes lighter than stories like Civil War, Infinity Gauntlet and Ragnarok. It should be a breather from 2020-2023 focused more on expanding properties in new areas and growing supporting casts instead of tying everything together for a big event like Phase 3 is doing, then have everything come crashing down with Kang.

And as for what Marvel should be working on from their end, I'd suggest that they add some Q4 dates to 2018 and 2019 to do a Black Widow film dealing with her past and have Yelena Belova as the villain on the former date and then end Phase 3 with Iron Man: Armor Wars that'll be Robert Downey Jr's swan song in the role and introduce Ghost, Spymaster and a new Iron Monger to the MCU.

Phase 4 should up the production schedule to four films a year with films that are either low budget or high risk getting the Q1 dates to save the sure bets for the summer and the years opened by new IP or in Hulk's case, failed IP.

March - Incredible Hulk 2 (Leader as big bad. Rick, Marlo and Amadeus introduced)
    May - Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth (Doc Ock as big bad. Black Costume introduced)
    July - Thor: The Dark Gods (Perrikus as big bad)
    October - Doctor Strange: Ascent Into Hell (Shuma Gorath as big bad)

March - Ghost Rider (Scarecrow as big bad)
    May - Black Panther: Doomwar (Doctor Doom as big bad)
    July - Captain America: Red Zone (Red Skull as big bad)
    October - Black Widow: Homecoming (Kestrel as big bad)

March - Fantastic Four (Annihilus as Big Bad)
    May - Iron Man: Dragon Seed (Mandarin as initial big bad. Fin Fang Foom as real enemy. Ascendants as supporting cast so the film isn't banned in China.)
    July - Captain Marvel: Live Kree or Die (Lunatic Legion as big bads)
    October - Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation (Annihilus as big bad again)

March - Ant-Man 3 (Crossfire or Taskmaster as big bad)
    May - Spider-Man: Venom (Venom as big bad)
    July - Inhumans 2 (Maelstrom as big bad)
    December (specifically Christmas) - Avengers: Kang Dynasty

Secret Wars Part 1 in May. Part 2 in August. One directed by the Russos, the other by Bryan Singer. Filmed as a co-production with one studio getting domestic and the other getting international with Fox getting physical video and network TV rights and Marvel getting digital, premium cable and streaming rights.

And X-Men and X-Force should alternate each year just as Wolverine and Deadpool should also alternate. Every year that we get X-Force, we also get Wolverine. Every year that we get X-Men, we also get Deadpool.

The eventual rosters should be by the time of Secret Wars which should be around the mid-late 90s by X-Men time.

X-Men: Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Bishop, Iceman, Xavier, Shadowcat, Rogue and Colossus. Magneto would have recently left the team to rule Genosha.

X-Force: Cable, Deadpool, Psylocke, Archangel, Domino, Siryn, X-23, Fantomex, Warpath, Sunspot, Hope Summers

Post-Secret Wars, I'd like to see X-Factor's roster be Havok, Mystique, Forge, Quicksilver, Strong Guy, Rictor, Shatterstar, Multiple Man, Layla Miller and eventually Wolfsbane as a liason from the UK. Deathlok joins X-Force and Captain Marvel joins the X-Men. The first Phase 5 X-Men film should be based on Mutant Genesis, Fatal Attractions, Magneto War and E is For Extinction with Magneto framed for some atrocity, some country retaliates by deploying a recon sub and Magneto crushes it and kills the entire crew inside. The X-Men (along with Captain Marvel) are sent in to defuse the situation and eventually SHIELD just blow up the entire island with Sentinels.

The second should be Brood Saga where Cyclops meets his father to help the Shi'Ar fight off the Brood and Captain Marvel becomes Binary.

11. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Also, I listed Slayback twice here. Can I get a mod to edit my poll to replace the second Slayback option with Black Swan?

12. def28 Registered

Slayback could work alongside Cable pretty well with time travel and all.

Think I'm going with Black Tom and Juggernaut though after thinking about it for awhile. Along with Cable having a few X-Force members by his side.

13. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

Ok so I had this crazy idea right.

So as we all know by now Ajax/Francis had a serum that could awaken dormant X-genes. But it never said that he came up with it.

SO WHAT IF Ajax and Angel Dust were apart of Mr. Sinister's Marauders!

What if it was Sinister who came up with the serum (cause he's all up in dat science) and he left that little workshop to Ajax to run. Or maybe Ajax went rogue.

And since the Marauders are clones of their original selves...it would be a way to bring Ajax back. Sure he served his point, but I enjoyed him a lot. He was a fun rival to DP.

And since Sinister has ties to Cable, he would be an interesting bad guy/puppet master for the two to face off against.

Maybe have Sinister poses as Mr. Tolliver(the guy who hired DP to kill Cable back in his debut) and hires DP to kill Cable, because by now he's become a world famous Mercenary. DP battles Cable and maybe a proto X-Force but they all get ambushed by Sinister and his Marauders led by a resurrected Ajax. And they kick their ass and kidnap Cable.

So DP has to lead whats left of X-Force (Domino and maybe another member) call in Negasonic and they all go battle Sinister. Movie ends with Sinister being a clone and the real one somewhere else and Cable and DP become besties.

14. Mr.T Registered

If Cable is involved, I'm thinking time travel will surely be part of the movie. I'd go with Stryfe at that point.

15. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Tolliver is Genesis, Cable's son who's been brainwashed by Stryfe.

But... I like the idea of seeding Sinister into the series. He still need more buildup. Same with Stryfe. I'd also argue that Marvel and Sony are stuck in the same boat with some of Spider-Man's best villains, namely Carnage and Hobgoblin.

16. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

I know that Tolliver was Genesis...but in the movieverse he doesn't have too be.

But yeah I'd say that Fox needs to figure out how they're going to spread the baddies across the movies.

Carnage and Hobgoblin are ok baddies...at best.

17. mikeboydus Registered

I would use Dr. Killebrew as the big bad and a resurrected Ajax, now a cyborg, as the dragon. It would follow the comics where the resurrected Ajax hunts down Deadpool for Dr. Killebrew, but then ends up turning against Killebrew and killing him before Ajax is permakilled by Wade. It would have some changes from the comics though, in order to bring in Cable. I would introduce Tolliver, aka Genesis, as a mysterious arms dealer who hires Deadpool and Vanessa, now Copycat, to black bag Domino to get to Cable, the leader of a new group of mercs known as the Wild Pack. After an initial conflict, Cable and the Wild Pack end up allying with Deadpool and Copycat, helping them at Killebrew's base in the climax. Tolliver would be set up as a villain for the sequel, while plenty of seeds sewn for Stryfe being a really big bad for the later X-Force film.

18. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Except if you're using Stryfe, you kind of have to head to the past where you have Cyclops and Jean who have just been recast. That also feels like too many villains.

It also feels weird to bring in the Wild Pack as well. That's WAY too many characters. I'd rather see Cable bring Deadpool to the past so Psylocke and Archangel can join X-Force.

I'd rather use Genesis and Stryfe in X-Force and have Deadpool 2 be about time travel. Plus, Black Tom and Juggernaut can be a lead into Genesis in X-Force who can be a lead into Stryfe in a 2020 X-Men film. Black Tom's organization deals with Genesis. Deadpool may now be trapped in the last 1980s but he gains a new love interest in Siryn.

And make the 2018 X-Men film have Psylocke and Archangel leave the team so X-Force in 2019 can be Cable, Deadpool, Siryn, Psylocke, Archangel and newcomer Domino. That's a great roster of six characters.

#18 Dasher10, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  19. mikeboydus Registered

I wouldn't use Stryfe in DP2, just seeds sewn or even just easter eggs. Just some hints here and there where things are heading. Even in DP3 I wouldn't have him as a villain. Maybe a cameo, but that's it.

I like the idea of Wild Pack, because it was Cable's first team before X-Force, so it brings some history from the comics into the story. It wouldn't focus on them. Some may even die in DP2 and DP3, leaving Cable and Domino free to join the New Mutants or X-Force, depending on how Fox wants to go.

Genesis/Tolliver, would be a cameo in DP2. I wouldn't have him as a villain until DP3 and he would "die" like he did in the comics, to only return later as Genesis in X-Force.

My main idea was to get Killebrew and cyborg Ajax in, while incorporating the comic story that introduced Deadpool and Copycat. If Wildpack is too many characters it could be reduced to just Cable and Domino if needed.

20. JJLong Registered

Does Fox have the rights to Hit-Monkey?

21. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I have no idea but probably not since he debuted in his own series.

22. 4thWallBreaker Registered

Deadpool vs. Deadpool!

23. -JKR- Registered

Black Tom would be cool. But I'd also like to see T-Ray on the big screen. Of course he'd need to be adapted (I'd drop the entire 'Real Wade Wilson' storyline), but could turn out to be a badass villain for a Deadpool movie.

24. Mr.T Registered

Shocker & Taskmaster

25. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

I'd love to see Mr. Sinister get the spotlight.