Villains For Fantastic Four 3

Carp Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok. Cast a vote. :woot: And give a reason for your vote. If you chose other, tell us who. I voted for The Mole Man. I think he would be an easy villian to do. You could get Danny DeVito to do him. He's the right hight, and the right look. Personally I would love to see either The Frightful Four, The Inhumans, or The Hulk, but that's too much special effects money for Fox to shell out. With Jessica Alba being pregnant, it would be the perfect time to introduce Franklin into the mix too.

If done right, Mole Man could be very good, but very expensive. To have an army of those little sub-human guys and a few giant monsters would put it's budget way beyond the $130 million spent on part two. The Frightful Four might me more economical by comparison. Of course, Puppet Master would be the cheapest, but also the dullest! Even some one like the Mad Thinker could be cool if done right, and if the Awesome Android is included in the mix.

Mole Man out of this list but I would really like to see the main villain be The Wizard.

He could be a great challenge for all the heroes

Maybe give him one sidekick and that would be Trapster only

:wow: :hehe: .

Hey, I'm a huge Wizard fan; but let's not stop with just the Trapster, let's get the entire Frightful Four in there. The brainwashed Thing story [from #41-43] would be great!

If done right, Mole Man could be very good, but very expensive. To have an army of those little sub-human guys and a few giant monsters would put it's budget way beyond the $130 million spent on part two. The Frightful Four might me more economical by comparison. Of course, Puppet Master would be the cheapest, but also the dullest! Even some one like the Mad Thinker could be cool if done right, and if the Awesome Android is included in the mix.

Hey, if Cormans FF 1994 could have an army of goons for Doom, on a $ 1.5 million budget, goons for The Mole Man should be a piece of cake. Just get a bunch of extras, or midgets. Giant monsters are no problem, just get some stock footage from the Godzilla movies, or Ultraman, or any monster movie. Theres a ton of stock footage out there of monsters. Really how much would it cost to get a couple of stunt men, stick them in a monster suit, then blow them up to monster size in post production, or use minitures in their scenes, or use blue screen ? The point is they don't have to be CG like Kong. :cwink:

Well, I would like to see such things done right, not just crapped out. To do an army of Subterraneans the correct way would be to go the route of Tim Burton's Oompa Loompas and digitally replicate a hand full into hundreds! Likewise, stock shots of "ToHo" monsters would be the wrong way to go. Creature costumes would be a great solution for the monsters, but you would still need digital comps to add them to the scenes and interact with the FF. An IRON MAN size budget would probably do the trick!

Well, I would like to see such things done right, not just crapped out. To do an army of Subterraneans the correct way would be to go the route of Tim Burton's Oompa Loompas and digitally replicate a hand full into hundreds! Likewise, stock shots of "ToHo" monsters would be the wrong way to go. Creature costumes would be a great solution for the monsters, but you would still need digital comps to add them to the scenes and interact with the FF. An IRON MAN size budget would probably do the trick!

I don't know what the budget is for Iron Man, but dame it looks good and sharp. :woot: On every list I have seen for 2008 movies, Iron Man is in the top 1 to 3 of must sees. I think it will be the suprise movie of 08. Heck, if movie goers liked Transformers, the'll love Iron Man. I think Iron Man, and The Dark Night will be battling for top 5 in 08. Plus you have Hellboy 2, and Indiana Jones.

IRON MAN is around $150 Million, and I agree that it looks fantastic! I too think it will be the first huge hit of the summer; and will be a major contender for the top spots in the summer box office! If only the FF movies could look so good...

IRON MAN is around $150 Million, and I agree that it looks fantastic! I too think it will be the first huge hit of the summer; and will be a major contender for the top spots in the summer box office! If only the FF movies could look so good...

WOW. $150 million is great. Of course Marvel is putting up the scratch to make the movie. Parimount is just marketing, and distribution. I like the way they did it. They did not go out and get a big named star to sell the movie. IRON MAN is the star. With the writers strike, next year there are no real blockbuster movies. No Spider-Man, Pirates, Harry Potter. Just a bunch of good movies. I think to get in the top 10 in 08 it's not going to take $600 plus WW. I see a lot of 300, 400, WW movies for 08. If IRON MAN can fall in the $350 to $400 WW range it will be great. FF could have been, but Fox screwed things up. That being said, I enjoyed both movies. The 1st one more than the 2nd.

Yes, Marvel seems to be doing it right with both IRON MAN and HULK. They have decent budgets and REAL actors, maybe not HUGE stars, but names none the less! I have more faith in IRON MAN than HULK, but I hope they both are worthy adaptations of the comic heroes that we all know and love! Now, if Hulk would only look like the Kirby Hulk...

We can always hope that Marvel one day gets the FF back and then we might start to see them done right!

I think the Mole man could be a good villain. This may be the end of the series and as such it needs to be epic. The FF has already fought Galactus, the only challenge left is to fight themselves, to test the bonds of love, family and friendship.

How do you fight the people you love themes might work for the final arc and it would work at Christmas. As a backdrop we can have Doom planning his final master stroke to crush all opposition and rule the world. he could be the one pulling puppet man's and ultimately the FF's strings.

With them hated by the world and fighting against themselves and his robot army ready to invade and crush the worlds armies his victory will be total and assured.

The movie could present this question, will love and friendship prevail or will the four die at their own hands with victor triumphant, ushering in the title that we have waited for for so long, Doomsday. Or will the ff snap out of their hypnotic haze, invade the land of Doom and take Doom down.

Out of all the Marvel characters, to me, it seems the FF have some of the worst villains and enemies besides Dr. Doom. The X-Men have Magneto, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, the Sentinals and others. Spider-Man has Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, Carnage, Sandman, Hobgoblin and others. Hulk has the Abomination, the US Army, Leader, Absorbing Man.

To me, the FF seem to get the shaft of good villains.

sub mariner, w/the mole people... recreate the cover of the first issue of FF in a big fight sequence. how tight would that be?

I voted for the Mole-Man, but the Pupper Master wouldn't disappoint me either. I think both are classic villains that need to be brought to the big screen.

If they could finally get it right, I wouln't be opposed to seeing Doom involved again. Only if they do it right this time, though. What we've seen has been pretty weak so far.

Annihilus.png

:o

While I am all for the classic FF villains, the Puppet Master is SO dull and non-cinematic, I hope we do not see him in an FF movie for a long, long time. If we need to see the FF fighting among themselves, the Frightful Four brain wash story or the Psycho Man would make much better movies. And even someone like the Mad Thinker would be better on film, at least he comes with an Awesome Android!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"