Sequels Villains of Future Ant-Man Movies

How about a villain that's not a doppelgänger or reverse (entere)? I'd like to see our heroes deal with something new and unrelated to them.

This!

And to add, a villain also not related to them or from their gallery.

One could perhaps hope that Marvel either already acquired or acquires in the near future the Micronauts rights. That could be useful in a movie centered around "rescuing Janet from the Microverse".

Marvel getting their hands on the Micronauts rights depends if JJ Abrams does anything with them as he and his Bad Robot production company have been attached to them for a few years.

By the time, Ant-Man and the Wasp hits theaters, Ant-Man will have already been involved in a bigtime Avengers team up, so I think his villains should up the ante as well.

MODOK
MODOK-Marvel-Comics.jpg

AIM
600px-Advanced_Idea_Mechanics_Earth-616_from_Secret_Avengers_Vol_2_3_001.jpg

TASKMASTER
latest

Eh, I can't see Taskmaster working, as a dynamic. Save him for someone else. MODOK or a reinvented AIM could work, I suppose.

Taskmaster could work but I'm pretty certain he's over at Fox. Unless Marvel and Fox can work out some sort of new character sharing deal or work out a plan to eventually merge universes (which could possibly be the highest grossing film of all time), I don't see him happening.

MODOK should be saved for an Avengers sequel. He's a big enough threat to fight the whole team.

Whirlwind is really the best option for a sequel, particularly if the focus is going to be on Wasp this time.

Taskmaster isn't really associated with a particular property. Who do you think he's associated with?

Its more that I can't really envision the two working as actual opponents fighting each other. Taskmaster is good, but his skills and abilities are not really suited for fighting a half inch tall human bullet.

Taskmaster is really well suited to facing Ant-Man. I can picture a really awesome kinetic choreographed fight scene between the two of them.

As seen in the movie and the comics Ant-Man's fighting style often involves him changing size and using his momentum in combat. It is also worth noting that Scott will probably going giant sized as well by the time he appears in the equal.

I'm certain Taskmaster is at Marvel. The character first appeared in an Avengers issue. I know he is sometimes an enemy of Deadpool but I don't believe his association is significant enough that he was included in any rights deal.

Wasn't Joe Carnahan working on a Taskmaster movie for Fox at one point?

I think this is a good spot to use MODOK. He's too goofy to be used in a lot of films, but with Ant-Man being more of a comedy than the usual Earth-based heroes and science-based as well, it is one of the few good fits for MODOK who can be quite the fun character.

He first appeared in Avengers. He's not a mutant. He's a mercenary who fights everyone but the stories I tend to think of are him fighting the Avengers. If there was anyone I'd directly say he was a villain of, it would be Scott Lang. I just don't see any plausible argument for Fox owning his rights.

I think this is a good spot to use MODOK. He's too goofy to be used in a lot of films, but with Ant-Man being more of a comedy than the usual Earth-based heroes and science-based as well, it is one of the few good fits for MODOK who can be quite the fun character.

Alternately, MODOK could be played as a really creepy body horror villain with a tragic origin.

The creepy floating eye creature in Big Trouble In Little China always reminded me of MODOK

Are there any micro verse based villains at all? As I would love to see more scenes and a battle based in there.

Are there any micro verse based villains at all? As I would love to see more scenes and a battle based in there.

Lord Gouzar, Psycho-Man, The Lizard Men of Tok and Baron Karza are Microverse villains.

Lord Gouzar and The Lizard Men of Tok are the only ones Marvel has the rights to right now.

A journey to the centre of the earth style adventure to the microverse could be a cool idea for the sequel.

MODOK sounds boss. AIM, meh. Taskmaster could be super boss.

Lord Gouzar, Psycho-Man, The Lizard Men of Tok and Baron Karza are Microverse villains.

Lord Gouzar and The Lizard Men of Tok are the only ones Marvel has the rights to right now.

A journey to the centre of the earth style adventure to the microverse could be a cool idea for the sequel.

I would've thought Psycho-Man would've been with the FF rights. We'll have to see if Marvel have reacquired them yet.

May be shot down for this, but how about the Serpent Society. Could tie in well with the whole Hydra thing.

I'd like to see Egghead, and possibly Crossfire as a henchman.

If they use Crossfire I hope they go with him being a immoral psychopath former CIA agent.

In the comics he hired mercenaries and put a bounty on Hakweye's arm simply because he beat him in a fight. Tried to assassinate Mockingbirds mother and tells Hawkeye how good it must have felt to have someone's life in his hands after Clint rips out his Cybernetic eye.

If Toby Jones weren't Armin Zola, he could've played Egghead.

How about the new female Beetle?

CUSnLjxVAAA4Q0b.png

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Janice_Lincoln_(Earth-616)

Just discovered her as a character from playing Avengers Alliance. She looks like she could fight the Wasp. At the bottom of that link it seems she has actually fought Ant-Man and that she tried to assassinate Iron Man.

She also has ties to Bucky Barnes, Baron Zemo, the Sinister Six, the Owl and Silvermane. So she would fit right in with the MCU and would be a cool visual as well.

I mentioned female Beetle as potential villain before. She had a one night stand with Scott Lang in the recent Ant-Man comics.

Dr Nemesis. Climaxing with Scott going giant in order to take him on. Two giants fighting in the 2nd movie would be a good juxtaposition to seeing two miniature size men fighting in the 1st movie.

EDIT: just seen the above two posts - really like the female Beetle shout.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"