Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Now that it appears that Affleck will have his own solo Batman film franchise in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman then it begs the question of which villains we need to see so that being said the villains I would go with:

Deadshot
The Joker & Harley Quinn
Hush
The Red Hood
Riddler
Two-Face
Black Mask
Deathstroke
Penguin

If Affleck gets a trilogy of films then the 3 out of this list I would nominate would be:

Movie 1- The Joker & Harley Quinn (villains)
Movie 2- (sequel)- Deathstroke (main villain); Two-Face (secondary antagonist)

Movie 3- (threequel)- Hush (main villain); Riddler (secondary antagonist)

All of those are a possibility except Deadshot

The Court and the talons.

Any of these please:

Court of Owls
Clayface
Hugo Strange
Hush
Mad Hatter
Penguin
Riddler

One or more of the traditional top villains,
Penguin
Riddler
Scarecrow
Two-Face
Mr. Freeze

Catwoman and Poison Ivy should be out because they are getting Gotham City Sirens.
Affleck's Batman is too old to try to recover from a Bane induced back injury.

IMG_1812.jpg

He must have been as high as a kite when he came up with that gimmick.

You guys mentioned a few I would like to see but also Mr. Freeze

Solomon Grundy
Clayface
Man Bat
Hugo Strange
Mr. Freeze
Penguin
Mad Hatter
Riddler
Firefly

Bane I sure hope we see him again

Mr Freeze is my personal pick for getting a do-over. As long as it draws from the better stories and portrayals, and not the mess they've made of him recently, anyway.

My dark horse pick would be David Cain, but that is *never* happening. It would require acknowledging that a Batgirl exists not named Barbara Gordon.

The Penguin
The Riddler
Hugo Strange
Mr. Freeze
Deadshot

I would be perfectly fine not seeing The Joker or Catwoman again.

I've been leaning towards Hugo Strange and Penguin lately. Hugo Strange is the first rogue Batman faced in the comics, so I'd say he's due for the big-screen treatment.

To see Will Smith's Deadshot again but this time as a villain I think it will be an interesting change of pace

I really want to see a full-on supernatural take on Ra's al Ghul at some point in this universe. He's my favorite Batman villain so I want to see that.

Agreed. Nolan's take was unsatisfactory.

I thought Ra's was portrayed well by Liam Neeson, but revealing that he is actually 500 years old would have put it over the top(in a good way). Somehow working in his environmental motivations into his attack on Gotham would have been nice also. I could see it fitting in as part of the criminality of man making the world unlivable for good people.

I thought Ra's was portrayed well by Liam Neeson, but revealing that he is actually 500 years old would have put it over the top(in a good way). Somehow working in his environmental motivations into his attack on Gotham would have been nice also. I could see it fitting in as part of the criminality of man making the world unlivable for good people.

I do like how they sort of imply or toy with the idea, though.

" But is Ra's Al Ghul immortal ? Are his methods supernatural ? "

" We sacked Rome. Loaded trade ships with plague rats.... Burned London to the ground. "

It's like saying it's possible without outright saying that it's possible, lol

I actually think it'd be cool if they went back and took a look at the first rogues Batman ever faced in the comics. Here are Batman's ten oldest villains (in alphabetical order):

Catwoman
Clayface (Basil Karlo)
Hugo Strange
Joker
Mad Hatter
Penguin
Riddler
Scarecrow
Solomon Grundy
Two-Face

Of those, these two villains haven't been used since pre-Nolan:

Penguin
Riddler

And these four villains have never been used:

Clayface
Hugo Strange
Mad Hatter
Solomon Grundy

I'm not sure I'd be keen on Grundy as a primary antagonist, but otherwise I'd be very interested in any of the others.

I think Hugo Strange would work really well for Reeves' sensibilities.

To be honest though, I'm not overly fussed about which villains appear or don't appear. Sure, I'd love to see a cinematic update on The Riddler, but I'm not going to be devastated if we don't get it. I have a hunch that Reeves' take may be more focused on Batman's POV and Bat-family drama to the point that villains are more minor characters.

Hugo Strange lends himself quite well to a more personal Batman story, and I think the Mad Hatter could work in that capacity as well (child killer).

Court of Owls
Hush
Red Hood
Deacon Blackfire
Hugo Strange
Dr. Hurt
Lady Shiva

The time is ripe for Ra's al Ghul, Riddler or Bane to surpass Joker. Just one good movie by Reeves with either of them while Joker is stuck in Harley verse will completely transform the landscape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"