Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

He’s been in movies. Being a tv actor doesn’t mean you’re less talented and can’t be considered.

Would he even be considered? I thought he was mainly a TV actor
Sounds like you need to watch:
33fd8c8d0cf584bdecf9d93e0bd34b5a.jpg

One of my favorite movies of all time

My own personal idea as to how Jason Todd as Red Hood could work in this universe:

He's one of the misguided young souls blackmailed into joining the Red Hood Gang by proto-Joker. He in particular is given lots of "special attention" (torture, stalking, gaslighting) from their boss, fracturing his mental state even further.

One night he has an epiphany brought on by Batman in a sort of Sons of Batman-type situation from TDKR, but scaled down to one person. He becomes a brutal vigilante, killing his fellow gang members as well as other criminals. He almost kills Joker until either Batman stops him or Joker temporarily manipulates him.

Jason is then taken under Bruce's wing for a short while until his recklessness causes him to break loose despite Bruce's offer to rehabilitate him. Eventually he calms down a bit, becoming an occasional ally of Batman despite their differing philosophies. And obviously he makes the Red Hood mantle his own.

Changing my mind on Hugo Strange. I’m obviously a fan and love Prey but I don’t think it’s smart to bring in another Doctor Strange when Marvel will be crushing it with their own. I also have to double down on his name being a road block. This is the most grounded Batman yet and I can’t see patients asking for Doctor Strange with a straight face. It’s very cartoony (in a good way but cartoony nonetheless). There’s a reason Edward Nashton is being used, not Nygma.

Then you have the murderous obsessive geek with glasses who knows Batman is Bruce Wayne. He uses that information for leverage. But he keeps it to himself. Sound like Riddler to you? There’s a lot you can do with a psychiatrist who finds Batman compelling. But a lot of the differences between Hugo and Dano’s Riddler could be superficial: bald, bearded, older.

I don’t see another masked (or unmasked) serial killer twice in a row. That scratches off OG Clayface, Pyg, Zsasz, Dr Death, Hush, Black Mask (may as well throw him in there). We know the literal monsters will clash and it’s just too early for that. So common sense is telling me unless the Court of Owls are some big swerve in the plot of the first movie...the possibilities for a sequel are:

-Poison Ivy
-Scarecrow
-Two Face
-Mr Freeze
-Ras Al Ghul
-Mad Monk

What say you?

You’re probably right about Doctor Strange at Marvel being an issue.
Bring on the Mad Monk then.

Im still keeping my fingers crossed for a Ventriloquist appearance and I have zero doubt we’ll see Reeves’ take on Two Face

I wouldn't mind seeing both Mr. Freeze & in particular Poison Ivy make an appearance in this franchise assuming all goes to plan.

More precisely I'd like to see a more "realistic" approach to both of them than what we saw from the legendary Batman & Robin film. Although even with this approach, I want countless freeze/ice/cold puns from Mr. Freeze. :D

I still want to see the Ventiloquist and Scarface.
I don't believe either of the two really have the shoulder to carry an entire movie, but I'd like to see Batman visiting them during an investigation. Write a very simple little dialogue with Batman mocking Scarface and replying that he might not be the only puppet in the story, and that's good for me.
If there's one more thing I want to see in a Batman movie, it's a Gotham that really feels inhabited by all these freaks. To know that they are out there. Most of the time, Gotham feels like a more or less ordinary city with only one crazy guy emerging and doing his thing...

Changing my mind on Hugo Strange. I’m obviously a fan and love Prey but I don’t think it’s smart to bring in another Doctor Strange when Marvel will be crushing it with their own. I also have to double down on his name being a road block. This is the most grounded Batman yet and I can’t see patients asking for Doctor Strange with a straight face. It’s very cartoony (in a good way but cartoony nonetheless). There’s a reason Edward Nashton is being used, not Nygma.

Then you have the murderous obsessive geek with glasses who knows Batman is Bruce Wayne. He uses that information for leverage. But he keeps it to himself. Sound like Riddler to you? There’s a lot you can do with a psychiatrist who finds Batman compelling. But a lot of the differences between Hugo and Dano’s Riddler could be superficial: bald, bearded, older.

I don’t see another masked (or unmasked) serial killer twice in a row. That scratches off OG Clayface, Pyg, Zsasz, Dr Death, Hush, Black Mask (may as well throw him in there). We know the literal monsters will clash and it’s just too early for that. So common sense is telling me unless the Court of Owls are some big swerve in the plot of the first movie...the possibilities for a sequel are:

-Poison Ivy
-Scarecrow
-Two Face
-Mr Freeze
-Ras Al Ghul
-Mad Monk

What say you?
I'm not concerned about the name "Dr. Strange" at all. There are some goofy-ass last names out there. My pediatrician's name was Dr. Butt.

Anyone but Two-Face again :funny:

Nah but in all seriousness, I want another Batman vs Joker story. But this time, as a final boss type deal at the end of trilogy

Freeze and Ivy deserve the same treatment as Riddler/Penguin.

@cryptic name Mad Monk would be bananas. Doesn’t have to be a vampire.

@J.Drangal yes! Ventriloquist in a small role will really drive the point home that freaks are taking over in the sequels.

@Boom i know ppl with the last name Butt. Even the Marvel movies have Spider-Man making fun of the name Strange “so I guess we’re using our fake names now?”. It just sounds like it belongs in the Schumacher universe.

@Boom i know ppl with the last name Butt. Even the Marvel movies have Spider-Man making fun of the name Strange “so I guess we’re using our fake names now?”. It just sounds like it belongs in the Schumacher universe.
*Shrug* It's just not that big of a deal to me. Sure, Spider-Man poked fun at his name in Infinity War, but nobody treated it as out-of-the-ordinary in the Doctor Strange film. Saying the name "Dr. Strange" belongs in the Schumacher universe is a step too far for me.

-We have a botanist who can kill people with a toxic kiss and her name is Pamela Isley, which sounds super-close to Poison Ivy. Neat coincidence.
-We have a cytogeneticist named Mr. Fries, but pronounced as "Freeze." Also a neat coincidence.

We can get ticky-tack like this with a lot of characters. At the end of the day, it's a comic book movie. Don't need to over think it. Hugo Strange is Batman's oldest rogue and one of his best villains not yet used on film. If Matt Reeves' is all about tackling the psychology of Batman from a personal POV, pitting him against an antagonistic psychiatrist like Strange seems a no-brainer. Would also be a perfect opportunity to introduce Leslie Thompkins.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if Penguin is main villain in movie 2 tbh, if Dick Grayson gets introduced in a sequel they could tie Penguin to the parents' murders and center a whole movie around that drama + the fallout of Penguin presumably taking over Falcone's place in the Gotham crime world. I don't think we'll get Hugo Strange tbh, I agree with Shauner in that the next villains will be a different type of threat from Riddler. High key expecting Colin Farrell to steal the show with the little screen time he'll have here. Can't wait to see Gotham turn into a city of freaks

But Poison Ivy isn’t her real name lol. It’s just a nickname. Strange is actually his last name. It’s as goofy as Dr Doom. This is clearly not the comic booky universe that some ppl want these movies to be. Maybe if his name is Hugo BLANK and they just insert a new name, and “Strange” is his nickname. But then why bother at all? Sorry I just don’t see it happening. Like I said, he’s just too close to Riddler right now.

@CondimentKing yeah Penguin + Robin origins sound about right. But Harvey Dent will absolutely play a role and I think he’ll be Two-Face when that movie starts. I think the freaks will run wild on Gotham: from Mad Hatter to Ventriloquist to Penguin to Two Face to a more spooky Joker.

Already formed Two-Face running around while Penguin takes center stage and Robin gets his start would be a blasttt

Already formed Two-Face running around while Penguin takes center stage and Robin gets his start would be a blasttt
I can see this being an exploration of Harvey’s fractured psyche, and how Bruce wants to help him any way he can...but has to put up with his friend’s descent into madness. He can’t save him in the end but he can save the boy who needs/welcomes guidance. All the while Penguin is the big baddie of the piece, responsible for the death of the Graysons and perhaps the accident that caused Dent to split his personality into two?

My prefered take on Strange is to make him a media personality Jordan Petersen self hype type. Strange is his stage name. Easy fix.
Right. He could be a celebrity doctor that weasels his way into being the official psychiatric consultant to the GCPD on the Batman.

Batman becomes his obsession.

I can see this being an exploration of Harvey’s fractured psyche, and how Bruce wants to help him any way he can...but has to put up with his friend’s descent into madness. He can’t save him in the end but he can save the boy who needs/welcomes guidance. All the while Penguin is the big baddie of the piece, responsible for the death of the Graysons and perhaps the accident that caused Dent to split his personality into two?

I like that a lot, tons of cool opportunities here

My prefered take on Strange is to make him a media personality Jordan Petersen self hype type. Strange is his stage name. Easy fix.
It would have to be a fake stage name for sure. You need a middle aged actor who has a ton of charisma. I just REALLY don’t want to see another villain who knows Batman is Bruce Wayne and keeps quiet about it.

@shauner111 Condiment King! ;)

hmmmmm.. Let's go through a couple. I'd like to save Joker as a main villain until the final film. I'm not sure if Scarecrow will get used due to use in the Nolan movies (unless it's a super different portrayal).

I think Ventriloquist could be pretty funny to bounce off of Two-Face because of the split personality thing. Might work to show how even the gangsters are freaks now, and you could have some interesting mob stuff with him/Penguin/Two-Face mix being the new face of Gotham after the end of Falcone's Empire (I'm assuming he dies to create a power vacuum tbh). Croc being a former wrestler turned mobster with a skin condition could also drive home the fact that the freaks are running the show now too, but I don't find him as interesting as the others. I'd love to see Two-Face and Penguin have beef like in the Arkham games.

I'd prefer to not have Bane at all in the trilogy due to getting him last unless it's a tiny role. Mr. Freeze would be amazing but I don't *need* to see it and we have to see this movie first before we can see if he would even fit.

Honestly, I don't have anything specific in mind besides my Two-Face wants (and idea for Penguin's nightclub), my anticipation is more so with Bruce & Pattinson than it is for the villains - I'm fine with whatever Reeves does. I do really want to see more villains interacting though - so many opportunities to have that going forward. Hopefully Riddler survives this movie and gets to annoy whoever gets the misfortune of being in the next cell in Arkham lol

You?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"