Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

The court of owls would actually be really cool for a movie.

Plenty of mystery for Batman to work through with detective skills.
There’s also physical threats with the talons to provide some good action.

It really seems like a perfect fit for what Reeves says he wants to do.

It could also be used to introduce nightwing without it feeling like a forced cameo to set up his movie.

Last edited:
The court of owls would actually be really cool for a movie.

Plenty of mystery for Batman to work through with detective skills.
There’s also physical threats with the talons to provide some good action.

It really seems like a perfect fit for what Reeves says he wants to do.

It could also be used to introduce nightwing without it feeling like a forced cameo to set up his movie.

Out of all the recent storylines I see pop up that people want adapted, this is the one I actually want to see. I haven't been on board with the Red Hood stuff.

Out of all the recent storylines I see pop up that people want adapted, this is the one I actually want to see. I haven't been on board with the Red Hood stuff.
I’d love to see the red hood but I think there’s plenty of more interesting stories.
If there’s gonna be a joker heavy story I’d rather have something like a serious house on serious earth

Last edited:
There's actually a good space for Jason Todd in Court story by having The Court be the ones to resurrect Todd to further his training and make him their head Talon, which would be a good way to disguise him in a story without making him obvious, and with the possible added presence of Nightwing it would make for a really good story about Batman and his former Robins.

since he has an idea for a trilogy it could all connect. First film could open with him defeating The Mad Hatter and move into the main story with Victor Fries being an employee of Wayne Enterprises whose working on a cure for the disease his wife is currently suffering with. Have Bruce have some interactions throughout the film with Victor, basic day to day stuff and Bruce showing genuine concern for his employee and his wife, bankrolling the search for the cure. While moving the main story along with The Riddler ( or whoever)attacking both Batman and Bruce. Continue the story forward with the movie ending and showing Victor freezing his wife until the cure can be found. Have the 2nd film open with Bruce visiting Victor as Wayne Enterprises is attacked by a villain which causes the accident that turns Victor into Freeze. Have the films all be connected in that not only does Bruce’s story continue over trilogy but so does the supporting characters and villains. It’s a chance to show the villains in a little bit of a sympathetic light ( similar to BTAS) have over the course of three films showing Bruce facing a gauntlet of villains while showing him being a detective to figure out who is pulling the strings only to reveal the main villain towards the end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd. Maybe it is Jason Todd pulling the strings and towards the end or maybe a end credit scene showing Jason taking his steps towards redemption. It’s a very rough idea but I think the point is there

I like The Court of Owls but I don't want to see it adapted in the first movie of this trilogy, maybe the second or the last when we're all familiarized with this new Batman.

For the first one I'd like Freeze or Riddler, someone who is well known to the general audience but hasn't been done justice in the past.

-we dc fans should really write more of our wish list on fan bases , twitter, facebook and email them right to the creators, regiseurs and dc owners and comics what we want to see on live action movies.

-hope for more detective work, science , technology humor, action and battles in this.

if it will be a triology we can get more villians in Batmans 3 solo flicks, and maybe some in Justice League if they will make more movies then 3 ? maybe 6?

Maybe a relation between the solo movies part 1 to 3 and to other justice league characters? Maybe another Batmans and Superman crossover?

For me Deathstroke and Luthor create a new and great oportunity.

-(Barry is now working in the crime lab- relations, cyborg-maybe create new bat armor)

the sightings of a vampire could not only be parademons..
what would you say an army of mutants against the Justice League, Dehstroke the leader hired by Luthor, this way we could get more villians like Clayface, Poison ivy, Man-bat, killer croc, King Shark, Gorilla grod and Barbara Ann Minerva the Cheetah and others in one movie to apper on screen to make apetite for more movies and more action??? That would i like to see.

I most want to see:

Penguin
Riddler
Black Mask

Man-Bat
Mad Hatter
Hugo Strange
Black Mask
Clayface

Gimme Hugo Strange. The very idea of a Batman villain who can legitimately deduce Batman's identity with no help and is effectively a Freudian style therapist x100 will probably make a lot of the audience **** themselves.

I'd like Hugo Strange to be in but maybe alongside another villain.

I honestly don't think another villain would be needed. Honestly, just have a movie where Hugo Strange deduces Batman's identity after he puts him in Arkham and effectively take the same route to the idea of the villain discovering the hero's identity as Daredevil's Born Again. Have Strange effectively reduce Bruce's life to ash or at least attempt to, instead of the standard schtick you usually see with that trope.

I actually think Prof. Strange and Man-Bat would compliment each other well in a movie.

I actually think Prof. Strange and Man-Bat would compliment each other well in a movie.
Agreed. Clayface and Hugo Strange work together as well. Strange created Clayface on Gotham, I wouldn't mind if they did that in the movie as well.

Just out of curiosity:

Assuming Reeves used classic rogues as secondary villains (Penguin, for example), how opposed would people be to Reeves creating an original villain?

I think I'd be on-board.

I think allowing directors the freedom to create original villains would only benefit the genre.

I disagree. I had the same issue with Nolan when he created the Rachel character.

You have a treasure trove of characters to choose from here, and when it comes to villains, Batman has some of the best, if not THE best. To me, if you can't come up with a good movie that utilizes one of these characters, then you're not really trying. It's different than doing a six-issue comic book arc; introducing new villains in that format is fine, because the expectations are low. But this is a film. It needs to be a homerun, and for it to be a homerun, it has to have characters that people are going to be excited to see.

And that goes for love interests too; Selina Kyle, Talia, hell even Vicki Vale are more interesting that bland Rachel Dawes. The only justification for creating a wholly new character over using an established one from the comics is if your new character is simply that much better, and Rachel was anything but that. You could also argue that John Blake was a wholly different character than Dick Grayson (and he was, for the most part) and many fans would agree that he wasn't superior to Grayson.

It's not about interesting, it's about fitting a story. You have too many rules. Let a filmmaker do what they want. If they want to create a villain because they're bored of hearing the same names over and over, and don't feel like some of the obscure villains fit their story, then let him/her do it. It's not like we haven't had north to 10 batman movies. It's not like there's not going to be a hundred more. You or I don't have to like every single batman movie.

Just out of curiosity:

Assuming Reeves used classic rogues as secondary villains (Penguin, for example), how opposed would people be to Reeves creating an original villain?

I think I'd be on-board.

I’m not sure how I’d feel about that.
I think anything he could want in a villain could be found in an existing rogue.
There so much there to pick from.

I disagree. I had the same issue with Nolan when he created the Rachel character.

Rachel was a fine character. Whatever issues there were with her existed because of the way the character was written (or portrayed), not because she hadn’t previously existed in the original source material.

You have a treasure trove of characters to choose from here, and when it comes to villains, Batman has some of the best, if not THE best.

Nobody is denying that. But if you don’t allow people to do new things or create new characters or opportunities or conflicts, then the proverbial well will eventually run dry.

To me, if you can't come up with a good movie that utilizes one of these characters, then you're not really trying.

That’s not only unfair, but disingenuous. It doesn’t have to be either/or. Original villains can be supported or surrounded by characters we’re familiar with.

But this is a film. It needs to be a homerun, and for it to be a homerun, it has to have characters that people are going to be excited to see.

Speak for yourself. I’d be very excited to see what a talented director would do with a brand new villain.

I’m fine with creating a new villain, the only reservation I have for it is the fact that Batman, who has been around for 75+ years, has the most varied, and redundant rogues gallery in comics. How many “Anti-Batman” are there? Prometheus, Wrath, Killer Moth. How many crime boss villains does he have? Great White Shark, Black Mask, Penguin, Two-Face. Serial killers? Zsasz. Pyshchiatrists? Strange, Sacrecrow. What kind of villain could Reeves create that doesn’t already fit the mold of another Batman rogue at this point?

How about Azrael and the Order of St. Dumas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"