Villains who make you think

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
Who are some villains that when you truly think about their motivations and why they're villains in the first place, you almost agree with them and think that maybe they're right?

Two that come to my mind are Magneto and The Operative from Serenity.

Tyler Durden (Pitt) in Fight Club

and

Roy Batty from Blade Runner

Anton Chigurh in "No Country For Old Men". In a lot of ways, he's the most ethical character in the movie. He has a clear-cut moral code that he makes no attempt to hide, and - unlike the other main characters - its a code he never deviates from.

Daniel Plainview,
I'd like to know why there was no woman, what caused him to be what seems to be asexual. I know he wants to be alone and despises people, but I need and want to know more about crazy.

John Travolta's character in Swordfish.

spacey's lovely portrayal of a villain in 7 for a seriel killer he makes sense.
hannibal lector made you think too, esp in the way you start to root for him.
i guess i have a thing for seriel killers.

Anton Chigurh in "No Country For Old Men". In a lot of ways, he's the most ethical character in the movie. He has a clear-cut moral code that he makes no attempt to hide, and - unlike the other main characters - its a code he never deviates from.

spacey's lovely portrayal of a villain in 7 for a seriel killer he makes sense.
hannibal lector made you think too, esp in the way you start to root for him.
i guess i have a thing for seriel killers.

Took the word right out of my mouth[/Meatloaf]

I would also add in Mr. Smith. I can understand his disdain for humanity.

Doctor Doom- not the movie version but the comic version. Also King Kong and Darth Vader

Ra's Al Ghul
Watchmen's Villain(Those who have read it know who I'm talking about)
The Machines in the Matrix(especially after seeing the Animatrix)

The Jigsaw Killer in Saw. He's one sick f**k, but he does have his own "moral" code in a lot of ways. In the first film, I really was happy that he "won" so to speak.

I agree with what was said about Anton Chigurh and Daniel Plainview. Both of those characters were phenomenal, and both actors should win oscars for those performances. No contest.

Others... Ra's al Ghul (comic or movie version... both f**king rock), the General in "Pan's Labyrinth," Keyser Soze, Denethor in "The Return of the King" and Joshua (the evil kid in the film of the same name).

- Jigsaw
- Hannibal Lecter
- Anton Chigurh
- Gabriel Shear

Magneto he is scarred by a very real tradgedy that happend not a hypothetical one and has promised himself it will never happen to his kind again a very complex character and why i love Marvel.

I guess I'm just curious if it was the war that made him such a viscious bastard or if he was always that way. Probably the latter, but you never know. The whole relationship with his father and the obsession with time also made him intriguing and not your run-of-the-mill evil stepfather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"